I wrote an entire album in one month with Push 2.

Discuss Push with other users.
Jbvdb

Re: I wrote an entire album in one month with Push 2.

Post by Jbvdb » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:36 am

Great video! How much did you use session view to do your arrangement?
I chuckled when you mentioned download, eyes of Stanley pain was one of my favourite albums and now their new one, lingam is also great!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:43 am

Mentioning Eyes of Stanly Pain gets my bookmark for later. IMO best thing Download did, and in my top 20 records.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:49 am

Nah, the real deal is "III" pffft!

8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:11 pm

Looking forward to checking out the video this weekend so I don't have to bombard you with questions.

Have you considered pulling a Vespers and selling all your Live 9 sets for the entire album? :)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:42 pm

I did something similar with my last album, where those who bought the full album (anywhere) could email me the receipt and I'd send them the live project files. But very few people who bought the album actually wanted the projects files, or I ran into issues with people who couldn't open them for some reason or another.

Given all the dozens of random Live packs I used on this one, plus the fact I was using beta versions of Live the whole time (don't do this at home), it seemed easier to just screen capture the sets so people could see them. If someone really wanted to look at one of the song projects I'd be happy to share, I just can't guarantee they'd be able to open it.

Hopefully the video answers most people's questions., but I'm down to answer any questions people might have too.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Jbvdb wrote:Great video! How much did you use session view to do your arrangement?
Sorry I forgot to answer this! I used session view and Push on a few of the songs to do rough arrangements, just playing around to see what did and didn't work broadly speaking. But all of the actual arranging was done in Arrange view. Other than quickly recording ideas from Push, I mainly work in arrange view in Live these days.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:46 am

Answering some questions I got about creating my new album:

http://innerportalstudio.com/ad-infinit ... questions/