MP3 export please!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
downfader

Re: MP3 export please!

Post by downfader » Sat May 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
downfader wrote: The soundcloud thing is an option, but I imagine any pro would soon run out of time on the account profile there. :?
downfader wrote: soundcloud.com/pro

Its 75 quid a year. For the services on offer (and the spam you'll get) its not financially worth while imvho. Possibly better to use a free youtube account and private links/urls
Pro = Making money by investing into what you do and having a revenue stream, If you don't have one, you're not a pro. How many gigs do you need to make in order to make $75? If that's more than one gig you're charging too little.
Most gigging musos down here dont make money, sadly. Events and venues just wont pay them, but they're happy to let them play.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat May 20, 2017 4:49 pm

downfader wrote: Most gigging musos down here dont make money, sadly. Events and venues just wont pay them, but they're happy to let them play.
My point was that in the event an artist isn't paid, then by definition that artist is not a professional. There's nothing wrong in being an "amateur artist", but then there's no need to spread the "Pro" word around as if it's relevant, when it's not. I said you're a "Pro" if you have clients. Maybe I should have said "paying clients".

You do have a point though, thinking about it, in that it's perfectly possible that an amateur can be very productive, thus being in need of lots of space and having too little money to be able to afford the Pro features.

I don't have the Soundcloud Pro account, just the regular, and I haven't run out of space yet. Of course I post songs, not long DJ mixes. For those there's mixcloud.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

downfader

Post by downfader » Sat May 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
downfader wrote: Most gigging musos down here dont make money, sadly. Events and venues just wont pay them, but they're happy to let them play.
My point was that in the event an artist isn't paid, then by definition that artist is not a professional. There's not wrong being an "amateur artist", but then there's no need to spread the "Pro"word around as if it's relevant if it's not. I said you're a "Pro" if you have clients. Maybe I should have said "paying clients".

You do have a point though, thinking about it, in that it's perfectly possible that an amateur can be very productive, thus being in need of lots of space and having too little money to be able to afford the Pro features.

I don't have the Soundcloud Pro account, just the regular, and I haven't run out of space yet. Of course I post songs, not long DJ mixes. For those there's mixcloud.
Sorry man, wasnt meaning to have an argument with you. Just had to deal with a lot of spam on soundcloud again lately :lol:

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat May 20, 2017 10:29 pm

downfader wrote:
Sorry man, wasnt meaning to have an argument with you. Just had to deal with a lot of spam on soundcloud again lately :lol:
Yeah, spam is terrible. I'm quite used to get that everywhere, so use some tools to weed out some crap. None for Soundcloud that I know of. I just report them.
Make some music!

We Make Dance Music

Post by We Make Dance Music » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:44 pm

:P
Over 2000 Project Templates Available @ https://www.wemakedancemusic.com

TauTau

Post by TauTau » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 pm

this is just so wrong. In every software I have the ability to export mp3, Ableton is just shy of the license. I also can export from photoshop to jpg, so wth?

perabeles

Post by perabeles » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:40 am

who caresif you dicks think aif orwav is a betterformat.

i cant send those formats bywhatsapp,they force people touseyour plattforms, like soundcloud.

thats exactly what i font want,because a just dont want to use that service,because i dont want to.

i paid for an ableton with the capability to export mp3,andit worked until thelast update.

give my money back.
chinguen a su madre,ladrones.

you make me hate you. you are robbering me.i dont want to use soundclaud or similars. i want fkn mp3s

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Easy man, we don't tolerate name calling here. Please follow the community guidelines at the top of each forum or you won't be allowed to participate in the forums.

Besides, MP3 export is now a feature in Live so I'm not sure why you're responding to a three year old thread that's out of date.
Ableton Forum Administrator