Re-assigning mousewheel to zoom (yes, it works!)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
mrfart

Post by mrfart » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:31 pm

everything works, except the zoom function (the one I really need :))
I tried your alternative version, but no difference.
Thaks for making this.
macpro dual-quad 2.8 GHz, Win vista, 8 GB Ram, motu ultralite mk3, UC-33, Ableton Live 7, novation X-station 49, 2 x Technics SL 1210, Ecler smac42, loads of chocolate

ilia

Post by ilia » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:32 pm

mrfart wrote:everything works, except the zoom function (the one I really need :))
Thaks for making this.
Uh. Not sure what the problem is. What skin are you using? Screen resolution?

In general, it would be good to know the success rate. There were over 200 downloads; I am wondering how many people need the alternative script, and how many people are not having any luck at all.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:40 pm

The script sometimes doesn't work for me, using the default 5.03 skin. I then unload the script and then reload it, and it seems to work.

ilia

Post by ilia » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:06 pm

nebulae wrote:The script sometimes doesn't work for me, using the default 5.03 skin. I then unload the script and then reload it, and it seems to work.
You are talking about the alt script, right?
What about ctrl+middle click, does that get it back into sync?

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:08 pm

Yes, I am talking about the ALT script. The original script didn't work zoom at all in the arrange window.

As for the middle-click, that does disengage and reengage, when the script works in the first place. Meaning that when the script is not responding, nothing works at all, and I have to reload it. When it works, it does what it's supposed to.

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:20 pm

Ableton would do nice if they include this feature in 5.2... with a thankyou to the author :)
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:28 pm

I don't know how many times we have asked for the Abes to include this feature. Now it's a running joke...sort of like Cakewalk not including an audio click (midi only) until version 14 of the product (Sonar 4). I wonder how long the Abes will let crappy Acid school them with respect to this highly desirable and highly usable feature.

You almost gotto wonder if it was a Mac thing (the whole nonsense of 1-button, no scroll wheel mouse).

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 pm

nebulae wrote:You almost gotto wonder if it was a Mac thing (the whole nonsense of 1-button, no scroll wheel mouse).
you know, that actually sounds halfway plausible... :?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

mrfart

Post by mrfart » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:17 am

ilia wrote:
mrfart wrote:everything works, except the zoom function (the one I really need :))
Thaks for making this.
Uh. Not sure what the problem is. What skin are you using? Screen resolution?

In general, it would be good to know the success rate. There were over 200 downloads; I am wondering how many people need the alternative script, and how many people are not having any luck at all.
Screen res is 1280*1024
Skin is default 5.01 I guess.
I'll trie it on my laptop tomorrow.

Thanks again for doing what ableton should be doing :)
macpro dual-quad 2.8 GHz, Win vista, 8 GB Ram, motu ultralite mk3, UC-33, Ableton Live 7, novation X-station 49, 2 x Technics SL 1210, Ecler smac42, loads of chocolate

delag

XP witout service pack, could it be why it doesn't work

Post by delag » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:01 pm

I installed it on my friend's computer, but the scrolling in the arrange window doesn't work.

In the arrange window, if i go to the browser section, then it's scrolls through the diffrent files, so it works in some ways there,but no scroll in the arrange.
I tried to crtrl and click the wheel to make it on and off but doesn't work.

In the session view, it works scrolling through the rows of clips.

what I was wondering was if my friend has an old window version (xp) but witout any service pack if it could be the reason why it doesn't work.
he doesn't have the internet so never felt the need to upgrade.

I just downloaded the alternate version and will try it out today

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:50 pm

It works perfect on mine - well done.

Small comment: Zoomin in involves dragging the mouse DOWN normally, so I think turning the mousewheel towards you should be zoom in.

I can change it for myself but maybe you want to change it for other people who are not so handy. Well done, will have a look at how you did it tomorrow.

Crappy that it doesn't work on everybody's system. I was going to program DJ hotkeys (for taking the selected track out of the browser and placing it in one of the tracks for DJing) and I had real problems getting it to work....

[edit] I modified the zoom in/out action for myself. Great!

delag

Post by delag » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:35 pm

the alternate version worked

thanks

:)

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Tue May 30, 2006 10:34 pm

This doesnt work for me in arrange page, nothing happens. It works in session view though.

Soma

Post by Soma » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:51 pm

How did you write this script?
How does it work. I'd like to write scripts for other "features".

LRG

Post by LRG » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:24 pm

Can anyone break this down for me? I got everything to work except the browser scroll so I am excited about this feature. My question is any ideas on how to get the browser to work that would help workflow? Is there a way to get the script to run when u start your computer. It is real finicky to get it to work on both versions I have to reload and sometimes it works fine and somtimes it does not. It would be the shit if all this worked just start live and boom it works. Any ideas? I want it to just load and start the script without doing anything to it I have the compressed files saved on my desktop I have to open it then it works after messin with it and then reloading it. Just the fact that with this forum, features can be missin and instead of just waiting for ableton to implement it you guys are working together to get this shit that is dope. Thank You.