(OT) So you thought being a VEGAN was cool...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed May 09, 2007 11:12 pm

truely, nothing to do with veganism. just a simple case of people not paying attention to proper diet and now they are waving the vegan flag as if it's an excuse for not feeding the kid properly. like the poster above me said alot of the veggie and vegan people I know have the worst diets ever cause they have no clue how to get their vitamins and minerals while maintaining their beliefs.

when your kid ends up being 3 1/2 pounds after what was it 6 weeks? it's probably crying all the time and can't stay awake I'm betting. absolute neglect is what it was and they deserve a sentence I feel.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

dj_huck

Post by dj_huck » Thu May 10, 2007 12:27 am

noisetonepause wrote:What, pray tell, is the reason for not breast feeding your child? I can understand not wanting to take them milk away from the cow's children, but err... this seems a bit extreme?

Maybe they were just stupid cunts who wouldn't be able to raise the poor child anyways?
you do not feed children cows milk it is bad for them also.

ryansupak

Post by ryansupak » Thu May 10, 2007 12:54 am

I am suspicious of OP's motives for posting this. It comes off as that he just doesn't like veganism and this is a passive-aggressive way of assaulting it. (And, if you disagree with him you must hate babies -- something to that effect.) Correct me if I am wrong here, OP.

That being said, the medical consensus seems to be that vegetarianism is healthier for growing children than veganism. Vegetarian children should be given vitamin D and calcium supplements also.

I doubt I need to explain the utility of not eating food that was genetically-modified, raised in its own filth, and pumped with steroids to fatten up.

rs

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu May 10, 2007 1:03 am

ryansupak wrote:I am suspicious of OP's motives for posting this. It comes off as that he just doesn't like veganism and this is a passive-aggressive way of assaulting it. (And, if you disagree with him you must hate babies -- something to that effect.) Correct me if I am wrong here, OP.

rs
You're wrong

I am neither for or against vegans and or vegetarians

I read the article and thought it was interesting...It's really none of my business how someone wants to raise their children but this ONE case didn't work and the parents are trying to hide behind the cloak of vegan-ism...when in fact they were bad parents who couldn't get over their own hang ups and do what was necessary to raise a child

like parents who smoke cigarettes in the presence of their kids, or people who deal drugs or use drugs with their kids around

granted none of that is my business and as soon as I cross that slippery slope of butting into other peoples lives I've given up my right to raise my family the way i see fit <--- which I don't want to do

if you eat meat great, if you don't that's your business - this article just caught my attention and I was somewhat disturbed by it

speaking of...do you know Chrysler? Yes? Well I am his muse. Chrysler the designer? Wi! Yes, well I am his muse.

-ad

* and you can call me Adonis instead of OP ;)

OG sounds better though
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Thu May 10, 2007 1:19 am

I hate babies and vegans equally. But I hate vegetarians more than both. If I ever cook for a vegetarian, I'm going to feed them meat, just to be a dickhead.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu May 10, 2007 1:56 am

I don't get this antagonism toward vegetarians, why does anyone care what I eat?
Especially in this really violent way. It baffles me.
I guess some vegetarians must harp on about other people not eating meat or something, and everyone gets annoyed by them. I don't know. I don't give a shit what you eat, do what you like, hooray for you.
nobody cares.

so I just don't get it.

I'm a vegetarian. If you served me meat (on purpose) without telling me, I would stab you. Simple as that. Ho ho big joke, whoops I stabbed you. That's my my joke back.

if anyone has a creed which they have chosen for themselves and you disrespect it in such a stupid way you are basically transgressing a moral boundary of friendship. If you offer someone food and then use it as a weapon to say "I don't respect you or how you live your life" ... well, you will get an appropriate response.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu May 10, 2007 2:20 am

"I doubt I need to explain the utility of not eating food that was genetically-modified, raised in its own filth, and pumped with steroids to fatten up."

Right On!

" don't get this antagonism toward vegetarians, why does anyone care what I eat?
Especially in this really violent way. It baffles me. "

Me too.

Like I mentioned, its the MAC v. PC debate, except Meat v. No meat. I get so much shit for not eating meat, it's become old and I'm over it. Like this woman I'm dating - "you're so picky." And I'm like "Oh yeah, well at least I don't need to take all these pills and creams because my skin is so messed up." She was giving me shit because I didn't want to eat her prociutto. Then I was like "you want some meat?" and I ripped off her shorts, threw her over the couch and was like "Yeah - you do like to eat meat don't ya!" :wink:

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Thu May 10, 2007 2:21 am

mothers milk is for baby people!!!

want to talk about bad eating?

some people only eat meat cheese and bread

now that'll kill ya!!

that couple was stupid, but i think the punishment is harsh...

mass productin of meat is bad for earth.

im no vegan, but i dont eat animals
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

12micsn1

Post by 12micsn1 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 am

laird wrote:PROOF! GOING VEGAN KILLS CHILDREN
Only a bunch of psychos will ruin there body and mind by going totally meatless.
Vote for Pedro.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu May 10, 2007 4:35 am

12micsn1 wrote:Only a bunch of psychos will ruin there body and mind by going totally meatless.
When? Like some virus in 28 Days Later except zombies will go mad for vegetables instead of brains? The horror...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:40 am

you should go to my myspace page and leave me a comment about vegan-ism

http://www.myspace.com/parker422

peace

ad(#)^!$
Ableton | Elektron

Music

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 am

12micsn1 wrote:
laird wrote:PROOF! GOING VEGAN KILLS CHILDREN
Only a bunch of psychos will ruin there body and mind by going totally meatless.
That's a pretty judgmental and ignorant statement. For some, vegan is the best way to go, for others not so much. In any case, going totally meatless can help the body detox from all the crap they put in the animals these days, such as: dead dogs and cats, shit, hormones, anti-biotics, and all the chemicals used to produce the the little plant matter the cows, pigs, and chickens do eat.

wzz0q9

Post by wzz0q9 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:17 am

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu May 10, 2007 5:45 am

My ex - so hot, so beautiful, so smart, so muther fuckin angry I couldn't take it anymore. If you tried to tell her that she was covering up feelings of guilt, shame, or vulnerability, she would rip your head off!

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Thu May 10, 2007 6:23 am

ryansupak wrote:I doubt I need to explain the utility of not eating food that was genetically-modified, raised in its own filth, and pumped with steroids to fatten up.
You're right, but...

I'm an avid meat eater - but I don't eat crappy foods. Also I know how to balance my dieat. You're argument could equally be used for gen-modded veggies, right?

I've had periods in my life when I haven't eaten meat/fish. These periods have tought me about good veggies (other that tomato, cucumber, sweet corn, lettuce...) and beans & lentils... Now I add meat to all that - and I feel great.

Generally people in the western world probably eat too much meat and the wrong carbohydrates. But I don't think this is solved simply by skipping meat and calling yourself a vegetarian. I've met numerous "peanutbutter-vegetarians" - people who consume almost nothing but white bread and sweats.

No matter if you eat meat or not - you need some skills to balance your diet. I know that in Sweden (and the rest of Europe and probably the US) - it's not all that easy (or cheap) too actually get good, everyday food in restaurants. Eating well is a definite class issue. Crappy meat, potatoes and white bread is cheap. Good, organic meat and vegetables, nuts, slowly baked whole-grain bread - are not.

Back on topic - depriving your child of nutricious food is definitely not right. No matter what your beliefs are.

-M