wait for live 7?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jeskola

Post by jeskola » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:15 am

Personally... i'm on 5.2 but would have stayed on 4, but i bought a mac book so had no choice :D

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:41 am

The only way to guarantee you don't get into this position is to purchase or upgrade a kit within weeks after it is available. --Kent

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:00 am

forge wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:The grace period usually extends to a month before the announcement.
are you sure about that? I thought it was generally from when the announcement happens
No, thats the "free upgrade". With the grace period you still have to pay about half of the upgrade price.

forge

Post by forge » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:29 am

nebulae wrote:
forge wrote:
nebulae wrote:is that some aussie jedi mind-control shit?
no I'm the only one that wastes as much of my time on this forum as he does

many have come close, but none have reached the same heady upper echelons of Ableton Geekdom
speaking of which, oh great father-o'-the-forum, in about 125 posts or so, how big a mad props thread are we gonna have?!?!?!?! :)
I'm in several minds

maybe we should throw a big party like the one in red vs blue where there's nobody but the two of them and one says "I'm gonna go masturbate"

or, you should all have a massive amnesty and get everyone on the forum to block me and petition the moderators to delete my account so that I am forced to leave it at 10k and come back as a covert n00b called "arsebandit" who just swears at everyone and talks about how crap live is

or we could assemble a giant propeller out of cat cheese and ping pong balls and post it as an image file a section each until the reply count of the thread reaches 10k

or we could just let it slide by unnoticed and never speak of this again

actually it would be cool if what poster said is true and it resets to zero then I can be a n00b again and ask how you turn midi into audio