Obama wins, Dems will crush the weak-ass republicans cuz...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

I am voting for

Obama
58%
McCain
8%
That chick from the Transformers movie
35%

Total votes: 80

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:18 pm

McCain is by and large the same as Bush.

Bush has been making patently stupid decisions in office for 8 years.

therefore McCain will continue down the same shitty path.

Obama bringing change isn't such a stretch, it's a statement that's solidified by the fact that McCain is the same kind of Republican as Bush. if it was a different kind of Republican like Ron Paul, they one could say that Obama isn't the best hope for change.

I've had Fox in on the background, at first they were airing some backlash against Palin, now they're dragging out The Obama Girl footage and female talking heads blaming feminists for criticizing Palin.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Grifter, If you need more convincing

If that aggregate demand curve shifts to the right - i.e. there's more demand for goods and services - i.e. people want to and start buying stuff

Real GDP grows

when real GDP grows prices begin to rise

rising prices and increased demand for some goods influencing suppliers to supply more

when this happens all at the same time we see Real GDP grow, and jobs are created

^ that's pretty basic econ 101

right now the country is experiencing cost push inflation

the aggregate supply curve is shifting to the left - rising prices (inflation) and rising unemployment - real GDP is declining

In my modest analysis of the situation it is because of lack of confidence on the suppliers side. they are reluctant to supply more because of a bad economic policy situation in Washington.

I have also stated my other reasons why I believe Obama will do the country good
Last edited by djadonis206 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Moody

Post by Moody » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:22 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Moody, what do you suggest?

Grifter, the change is in leadership and confidence

Consumers and suppliers respond to things such as leadership, expectations, and perception
Man I love that ripper skull... anyways, We probably need to slow are roll with policing the world. Currently we are spending about 12 billion a month on our efforts in Iraq. This is similar to running up a credit card on beer or something that has no tangible value once the money is spent. No economy can survive when the deficit keeps rising without tangible goods/services being produced in the country. I just don't see consumers alone pulling us back up to a competitive world currency.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Moody wrote:

Consumers and suppliers respond to things such as leadership, expectations, and perception
Man I love that ripper skull... anyways, We probably need to slow are roll with policing the world. Currently we are spending about 12 billion a month on our efforts in Iraq. This is similar to running up a credit card on beer or something that has no tangible value once the money is spent. No economy can survive when the deficit keeps rising without tangible goods/services being produced in the country. I just don't see consumers alone pulling us back up to a competitive world currency.
- I agree

Yes, we need to get out of Iraq for one

I have thoughts on the deficit but man, this is like school or something ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
Moody wrote:

- I agree

I'm 8 days out from getting married, I'm trying to mix records, buy new records on Beatport but I lost my debit card (AGAIN!), coordinate a family golf tournament, and discuss politics and economics on Ableton.com/forum

and clean my house because family starts to show up tomorrow

I need to put another record back on :)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Moody

Post by Moody » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:34 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:
Moody wrote: Man I love that ripper skull... anyways, We probably need to slow are roll with policing the world. Currently we are spending about 12 billion a month on our efforts in Iraq. This is similar to running up a credit card on beer or something that has no tangible value once the money is spent. No economy can survive when the deficit keeps rising without tangible goods/services being produced in the country. I just don't see consumers alone pulling us back up to a competitive world currency.
- I agree

I'm 8 days out from getting married, I'm trying to mix records, buy new records on Beatport but I lost my debit card (AGAIN!), coordinate a family golf tournament, and discuss politics and economics on Ableton.com/forum

and clean my house because family starts to show up tomorrow

I need to put another record back on :)
Congratulations!
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:44 pm

ChiDJ wrote:
There seems to be a pervasive theme of the "have nots" hating the "haves" on this forum.
That is a pervasive theme throughout the world (& recorded history) :?

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Tone Deft wrote:McCain is by and large the same as Bush.

Obama bringing change isn't such a stretch, it's a statement that's solidified by the fact that McCain is the same kind of Republican as Bush. .
Fail!

Bush and McCain are absolutely different. You ask me to discuss policy differences with you after you make such a blatantly naive statement?

But, you've made my point. The general public is going on the same limited level of knowledge that you, my stoner friend, appear to live by.

McCain the same. That's all we need to know right?

Obama: Change. (what kind? who really cares)

People want change. Obama is the symbol of change.

Shall I hold your hand so you keep your crayon in the lines?
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Moody

Post by Moody » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:47 pm

ChiDJ wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:McCain is by and large the same as Bush.

Obama bringing change isn't such a stretch, it's a statement that's solidified by the fact that McCain is the same kind of Republican as Bush. .
Fail!

Bush and McCain are absolutely different. You ask me to discuss policy differences with you after you make such a blatantly naive statement?

But, you've made my point. The general public is going on the same limited level of knowledge that you, my stoner friend, appear to live by.

McCain the same. That's all we need to know right?

Obama: Change. (what kind? who really cares)

People want change. Obama is the symbol of change.

Shall I hold your hand so you keep your crayon in the lines?
Tone smokes? Pictures?

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Congrats Adonis! :D

I hope you signed a pre nup.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:57 pm

ChiDJ wrote:Congrats Adonis! :D

I hope you signed a pre nup.
Thanks -

A pre nup - what? so she doesn't take my technics and axiom when it all comes crashing down ;) ;) ;)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 pm

wait, I have some KRK's and a blue Beta fish - perhaps you're right
Ableton | Elektron

Music

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Bush has been making patently stupid decisions in office for 8 years.
Do you really think this? I mean, how do stupid people become the leaders of the largest power on the globe (at least for a little while longer)?

He & his cronies have been making decisions that benefit a select group. Bush probably went into this whole thing knowing that he'd end up being despised by a large percentage of the general population in light of the sweeping changes he & his lot have implemented. But so what? He doesn't serve the general population! Plus he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe that's perceived as stupid in a long-term & global sense, but I don't think these people are stupid in the least. To me that's belittling the threat. They are smart, organized, large & in charge!

No disrespect.

:)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:11 pm

ChiDJ wrote:Bush and McCain are absolutely different. You ask me to discuss policy differences with you after you make such a blatantly naive statement?
"I'm running for George Bush's third term."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9-d-Ub5jW4 <-- McCain wiggling all over Bush's cock.

privatized social security
stay in Iraq
drill for oil in Alaska and offshore.
recession denial
"there have been studies that have shown that I have voted with the President over 90% of the time"
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:14 pm

oblique strategies wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:Bush has been making patently stupid decisions in office for 8 years.
Do you really think this? I mean, how do stupid people become the leaders of the largest power on the globe (at least for a little while longer)?

He & his cronies have been making decisions that benefit a select group. Bush probably went into this whole thing knowing that he'd end up being despised by a large percentage of the general population in light of the sweeping changes he & his lot have implemented. But so what? He doesn't serve the general population! Plus he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe that's perceived as stupid in a long-term & global sense, but I don't think these people are stupid in the least. To me that's belittling the threat. They are smart, organized, large & in charge!

No disrespect.

:)
agreed. it's not smart to run the country into the ground for the sake of money for a small group of people.

dumb as in doing your job poorly and having a huge negative effect on the entire world.

Karl Rove is smart and evil. Bush doesn't do evil as well as Rove, so he comes off as dumb. Bush has flown fighter jets, can't be literally dumb and still do that.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz