Explosives Found in World Trade Center Dust

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
noborders

Re: Explosives Found in World Trade Center Dust

Post by noborders » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:31 am

ThrowAway wrote:Heres a little snipet on jones: Jones' paper has been the center of controversy both for its content and its claims to scientific rigor.[19] Jones' early critics included members of BYU's engineering faculty;[20] shortly after he made his views public, the BYU College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and the faculty of structural engineering issued statements in which they distanced themselves from Jones' work. They noted that Jones' "hypotheses and interpretations of evidence were being questioned by scholars and practitioners,"
:roll: What that means is Jones is unusually brave. Many critical thinkers know and understand much but initially keep their mouths shut for two prime reasons: avoidance of mockery and career suicide. In the Steven Jones interview from page 3 of this thread, he talks about this and how hard it was to get this paper published.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:37 am

LoopStationZebra wrote: The weld joints are the weakest part, of course.
If welded properly they would have been stronger at the joints at least thats what I was taught. Although it would probably depend on the alloys and gases used to weld as well as what specific type of metal the beams were. Moot point over all I know but I couldn't resist.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:43 am

noborders wrote::roll: What that means is Jones is unusually brave. Many critical thinkers know and understand much but initially keep their mouths shut for two prime reasons: avoidance of mockery and career suicide. In the Steven Jones interview from page 3 of this thread, he talks about this and how hard it was to get this paper published.
Don't know what to say, really. He's brave, I'll give him that. The issue is that his findings are absolutely positively 100% NOT conclusive. His own language in the report states as much. God, it's frightening how many websites have reported that SUPER THERMITE HAS BEEN POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED IN WTC SAMPLES.

Jesus Christ on a Bike.

It's horrifyingly self-diluting. My God. It's like WMDs all over again. THEY"RE THERE! HERE'S A PHOTO! LOOK! Haha. In fact, the simple photo issue is pretty close to what the trouble is with the Jones & Co report.

That he won't allow a very simple XRD test done on his samples speaks volumes to what is really going on here: He doesn't want to be wrong.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am

noborders wrote: :roll: What that means is Jones is unusually brave. Many critical thinkers know and understand much but initially keep their mouths shut for two prime reasons: avoidance of mockery and career suicide. In the Steven Jones interview from page 3 of this thread, he talks about this and how hard it was to get this paper published.
If the whole scientific community agreed with jones then nothing would have happened to his job. But they saw his work was shit. He should have went to a fiction company to publish it where it belongs.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:49 am

Political conspiracies exist just not this one. There was no need and abosulutely ZERO evidence for these bombs. If the fucking building didnt collapse the people in the us would still have supported war.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 am

ThrowAway wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote: The weld joints are the weakest part, of course.
If welded properly they would have been stronger at the joints at least thats what I was taught. Although it would probably depend on the alloys and gases used to weld as well as what specific type of metal the beams were. Moot point over all I know but I couldn't resist.
Well, it's a bit of a myth that weld points are stronger than the original material. There's some rare kinds of welding in which that may be the case, but I can't think of the names offhand. The WTC, and most highrise steel work, used standard/shielded metal arc welding; where the joints are definitely not stronger after the weld. In fact, earthquake-prone areas always see a lot of ripped welds.
:)
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:11 am

LoopStationZebra wrote: In fact, earthquake-prone areas always see a lot of ripped welds.
You wouldn't believe how shitty "passing" welds can be. Most smaw rods have a tensile strength between 60-70k lbs. But theres a lot of factors that weaken this. If the base metals are allowed to get to hot it weakens the metals. If its too cool than the welds dont penetrate. If the machine is old or malfunctioning then the amps fluctuate. All these things plus many more can cause the welds to rip. You could be right though.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:13 am

I have one of the best texts ever produced on the subject so if you want to know anything specific ever drop me a line.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:18 am

ThrowAway wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote: In fact, earthquake-prone areas always see a lot of ripped welds.
You wouldn't believe how shitty "passing" welds can be. Most smaw rods have a tensile strength between 60-70k lbs. But theres a lot of factors that weaken this. If the base metals are allowed to get to hot it weakens the metals. If its too cool than the welds dont penetrate. If the machine is old or malfunctioning then the amps fluctuate. All these things plus many more can cause the welds to rip. You could be right though.
Fwiw, I've always understood that welds can be stronger than the steel, don't know where I heard that...

I kind of wish I had read the 9/11 report, but I just can't believe it could be actually well researched and true, so I didn't.

On the flip side of the argument, I think the viscoelastic supports aka big rubbery antisway washers may have not withstood the heat and may have even caught fire. That would leave the floors with only a portion of their support. Add the weight of some collapsed floors on top of a poorly supported lower floor, and you could see how it might happen on it's own.

:) then on the flip flip side, if this stuff he found was not some kind of thermite, what was it and where did it come from?
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:37 am

damn 12 pages?

OK two guys from byu and one guy from denmark

sorry all you mormons,

next!

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:54 am

mikemc wrote: :) then on the flip flip side, if this stuff he found was not some kind of thermite, what was it and where did it come from?
Thermite is used to weld things although my understanding is its rarely used now a days except on railways. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpOJE-mk ... PL&index=3

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:56 am

Plus if he is unwilling to allow it to be tested he has as much credibility as the british lady who claims to speak to aliens and said they were coming last year.

Mr Mowgli

Post by Mr Mowgli » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 am

Loose change sold it to me....
Ben Jay - Founder, Prime Loops [2GB Free Download for my friends...Click Banner!]

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:07 am

Did they find any gangsta rappers in the dust of the world trade center? If so, they may want to look into that.

noborders

Post by noborders » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:34 am

ThrowAway wrote:Plus if he is unwilling to allow it to be tested he has as much credibility as the british lady who claims to speak to aliens and said they were coming last year.
Where did you get the idea that he is unwilling to allow it to be tested? Cite your source please.