DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:44 am

Damon_Chambers wrote:ya, coming from a user with over 1000 posts i doubt its legit.
the force is strong with this one.

even if they did it would only be to cover their asses at this point. my initial opinion of the company would not change one bit.
yeah, in fact if they did give bleepsnbreaks his licenses back I'd be even more pissed off.
;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:09 am

Well shit.
One of you guys reported me to ReFX for impersonating an employee. I had no idea that it was illegal in Germany. And I guess since this forum is run by a German company and ReFX is also German, I'm kinda fucked. I just got a phone call, and apparently I have a subpoena next month.

So much for trying to play a little prank. At least I didn't get Ableton in trouble at all.
:(

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:11 am

bleepsnbreaks wrote:That and the fact that he is in Chicago, not Germany.
What a dick.

Not a dick.

A fucking comedic genius.

In fact for busting the_planet's balls like you did, REFX should charge you again.

I only have one question:

Are you ever going to stop crying like a little girl and suck it up? Jesus. I haven't cried this much since my neighbor Randy pegged me in the head with a snowball when I was 8.

You need to Man Up, and Man Up quick.

You fucking Sissy.

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:40 am

bleepsnbreaks wrote:If this happens then I will be very happy, but I havent had any contact from reFX and I have a different credit card now to the one that I used then.
This would be a great display of service, I would be glad to take back everything I have said about reFX, not about the way that Mike has handled this situation, but about the company in general.
But without having heard a thing from reFX themselves, I find it unlikely that this is really going to happen.
:roll:
L
A
M
E
:?
A
L
E
R
T
:!:

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:50 am

+1 for lavendr
I was saying that 'tattling' is for bitches
save whining to consumer advocates for WAL mart and huge corporations, not your colleagues who are dicks because they're broke from ecessive kraks.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:07 am

morerecords wrote:+1 for lavendr
I was saying that 'tattling' is for bitches
save whining to consumer advocates for WAL mart and huge corporations, not your colleagues who are dicks because they're broke from ecessive kraks.
Sorry man, but that's the gist of it. PAYING CUSTOMERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR KRAKS AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED LIKE THEY ARE!!

Idiot companies like ReFX just make more people swing that way, and if that doesn't make sense to you, then I can't explain it any better for you.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:30 am

Million dollar question:

Who the fuck are reFX?

I mean, I know they are a small software company (now, I know) but their products seem kinda lame and well, kinda pricey.

I guess ya don't always get what you pay for.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:32 am

Then allow me to edit: if they are dicks FOR ANY REASON

"but the customer is always right"

"power to the people"

blah blah blah

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:37 am

darthstephen wrote:anyone know what other forums this refx problem has been posted at? i'd like to see what other communities are saying.
There is a big thread on the KVR Audio forums. From the pages I read, RefX weren't getting much support - pretty much everyone was slagging them off a lot worse than on here.

Geebag

Post by Geebag » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Wow. That is crap. nearly All companies allow you to transfer licences without bother. Even Apple. They want a resale value on their products. If you wanted to use a cracked version then you could do that anyway without any fuggin licence if you where that way inclined.

Sucks ass!

EDIT! Just read some of the comments??? Dont know whats going on? fug it anyway! does not compute....

miqueas1

Re: DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Post by miqueas1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 pm

No offense to you guys.. but Nexus is absolutely the best Synth/Sound Maker I have found to date.... I use it for everything.... (and so do many many pro producers... just check out kit lists from your faves and you will see many use Nexus). Also check out the many masterclass producer tutorials in computer magazine and see how many instances of Nexxus are used...

This whole concept that most producers consider them jokes is completely untrue... sure some may but you can't say that most do. And quite honestly most these people I see knocking the program... don't seem to have that many tracks available world wide.

It is amazing how people bitch about oh... Nexus isn't for real producers blahh blahh blahh... and then when they hear a song that uses a lot of Nexus sounds...they always ask how you got that sound... or comment on how much they like it.. or what did you use to do this.

The fact is... regardless of what you use.. or how you go about getting the sound is irrelevant.... It is how you use it... what you do with the presets... and what works and sounds best for you... how you work an arrangement out... what other elements you use in a track...

I am in love with the program.... The support I received when I had issues was returned within 1 day (after using their support ticket system).

I think it is highly unfair for anyone to say not to use Nexus because simply you are having issues selling your license..... sorry that sounds like a personal issue to me... and not an issue that has anything to do with the sounds this program can produce....

Yes the owner of the company may not kiss your ass like many others do... but quite honestly I could car less.... as long as they update their products... and continue with expansion packs...

I am more concerned about the sounds that can be produced versus the time it takes to actually program them into a synth... sorry.. I would rather focus on my groove than working with OSC's all day...

Just my two cents... I happened to see this bashing of the program.. and I just want any prospective buyers out there... to d/l the program FOLLOW THE INSTRUNCTIONS WHICH ARE LAID OUT ON THE SITE and at least try the demo....

I ordered it from Germany and received it in the states in less than one week... it was amazing.... it still is... and I will continue to use this product until they are out of business...

Just my opinion and thank you REFX for such a wonderful great sounding instrument!

bleepsnbreaks wrote:Hi all,

Just a warning about my experience with reFX.

I sold a bunch of my licenced VSTs etc as I am trimming down the amount that I use to just a few and using more hardware synths. I emailed reFX as I sold my licence for Nexus and an expansion to a commercial music studio.
Michael Hartmann at reFX told me that I could not transfer my licence and that becuase I had attempted to sell my licence that it was being terminated.

WTF?!?!?

They say that its in thier terms and conditions that you cant transfer a licence as they cant tell if you are still using thier software after you transfer to someone else, but its not in ANYTHING thats displayed BEFORE they take your payment and I cant find it in ANY of the email correspondence around the transaction.

Now Im left with some expensive VST that I no longer use/want and cant sell and they are telling me that my licence has been cancelled because I tried to sell it.

As it is, Nexus isnt great, it has problems with sound quality and in my opinion is VERY overpriced. I bought it when I first started getting into production and it had a few sounds I really wanted before I knew how to program a synth myself. I guess if you want that exact sound and you really dont know how to program it then its ok, but I woudlnt have thought that reFX could really afford to be such w4nkers considering that most serious producers consider their software a joke.

So anyway, to any newbs who might be considering buying Nexus or any other reFX product, DONT. They would obvioulsy prefer that you just download thier products from bittorrent rather than buy them.
Thier support is utter rubbish and thier customer service is the worst I have EVER dealt with with any software company, and I have been working in the IT industry for over 12 years so have dealth with a few shockers in the past.
Ableton Live Suite 8, Launchpad, Apc40, Touch-able, Griid, Minimoog, Sylenth1, Nexxus2, Maschine Mikro, all Ableton Audio Plugins, Recyle, Waves Mastering Plug Ins. http://www.soundcloud.com/micahjames

condra

Post by condra » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:05 pm

miqueas1 wrote: Just my opinion and thank you REFX for such a wonderful great sounding instrument!
But Vanguard still sounds like ass, and the guy who runs REFX is still a knob jockey.

:P

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:06 pm

condra wrote:
miqueas1 wrote: Just my opinion and thank you REFX for such a wonderful great sounding instrument!
But Vanguard still sounds like ass, and the guy who runs REFX is still a knob jockey.

that would make him an ALDJ moderator! small world!!

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

miqueas1

Post by miqueas1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:25 am

condra wrote:

Never tried Vanguard.... sometimes I think he is more blunt because of english being his second language... but could be wrong....

either way.. Nexxus sounds great... that's all I care about..
Ableton Live Suite 8, Launchpad, Apc40, Touch-able, Griid, Minimoog, Sylenth1, Nexxus2, Maschine Mikro, all Ableton Audio Plugins, Recyle, Waves Mastering Plug Ins. http://www.soundcloud.com/micahjames

baseinstinct

to bleepsnbreaks

Post by baseinstinct » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 pm

I feel sorry for you. The situation is not typical - licenses usually ARE transferrable. Thus, ReFX seem to abuse the client. I knew you gotta be careful with banks and insurance agents but soft developers?! In the long run it will work against them, but of course you will have long forgotten.

Till then, I suggest that you simply write at the most popular forums. The chances are slim that you get what you want but they are not none. Maybe some compromise... I can tell you that I once forced a hw synth producer to fully refund my money for a faulty machine. Not at once, though.

Be brief, beware remarks on sound quality, and especially getting too emotional. Include their name in the title, and their major or all plugs somewhere in the message. You will thus warn their potential clients of this dirty trick they play.

As usual, trolls appear who will try to get u more pissed off than u already are. Don't feed them.

Good luck.

T