finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

regretfullySaid

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Cool:) Since beta testing 9 I've been getting more interested in Bitwig:) and Push :lol:
ImageImage

Eric C.

Post by Eric C. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:02 am

Yeah...I just don't think this will really get any momentum for at least a year or so after release. You're dealing with a new and young company.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:09 am

I wouldn't underestimate them.
I don't think this is your run of the mill group of kids trying out a startup right after graduating from college.
Seems to me like they know what they're doing and the ship is solid.
ImageImage

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 am

I nearly fell asleep watching the video. Wasn't a good sales pitch at all. I'm sure it will do well enough when it eventually appears but right now it's not even remotely tempting me.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 am

the video was fine, the interviewer didn't ask a lot of questions BUT every question he asked was answered well, all good answers, I didn't pick up anything false about it. The guy even addressed the notion that it was vaporware, do you think they would be that frank if it actually was? do you think they be showing the beta at NAMM if it was? promoting a product that doesn't exist???? what are they intending to sell?? Sure we'd like to actually receive the beta, but it's obviously not ready, Ableton literally say nothing about what they're working on and somehow that's better???, this guy is just being honest and I prefer that, open developers are much better for communities like this, rather than closed development which doesn't interact with it's users at all. I personally think Bitwig will blow the doors off Ableton, it's not hard to do at this stage. Ableton is old and haggered, it's the same core app that's always been (and that core app was probably developed by the Bitwig team, only 10 years ago, can't believe people have forgotten this fact).
Last edited by sdfak1234 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 am

J0n35y wrote:I nearly fell asleep watching the video. Wasn't a good sales pitch at all. I'm sure it will do well enough when it eventually appears but right now it's not even remotely tempting me.
It wasn't a sales pitch, it was an interview.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:40 am

shadx312 wrote:I wouldn't underestimate them.
I don't think this is your run of the mill group of kids trying out a startup right after graduating from college.
Seems to me like they know what they're doing and the ship is solid.
These guys clearly know what they're doing, I don't understand why so people are underestimating, I think it's this precious Ableton fanaticism again... makes no sense, people see highly detailed screenshots and write that off, now we see an actual video with action, so in other words, the screenshots were real.. and that was a while ago, if the screen shots are working components, then Bitwig will be awesome... and all signs are now pointing in that direction. By the way guys, the word 'bitwig' is practically meaningless, I think it's a hell of stretch comparing that term to wiggle bits and all these stupid meme pics, there is nothing wrong with that name... "Ableton" Live is not any better.

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:33 am

sdfak1234 wrote:
J0n35y wrote:I nearly fell asleep watching the video. Wasn't a good sales pitch at all. I'm sure it will do well enough when it eventually appears but right now it's not even remotely tempting me.
Every interview should be a sales pitch when you know it is going public. Even more so for a piece of software many consider to be vapourware. I know you won't like this but Bitwig have performed very poorly in marketing this DAW

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am

J0n35y wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:
Every interview should be a sales pitch when you know it is going public. Even more so for a piece of software many consider to be vapourware. I know you won't like this but Bitwig have performed very poorly in marketing this DAW

Absolute nonsense, "every interview should be a sales pitch" what are you talking about? an interview is not a sales pitch AT ALL, you get asked a question, you answer it... "even more so for a piece of software considered vaporware"?? that is retarded, if the concept of it being vaporware is bullshit then don't need to counter it, they just have to release the app... you're damn right I don't like your post, "Bitwig have poorly marketed their DAW" so that means its bad huh??? absolute nonsense... I've never seen someone grab at straws so hard, vaporware that's poorly marketed, what kind of weird nonsense is that? either the features they've advertised work, or they don't, it sounds like you need more proof somehow... for some weird reason their website and their word isn't enough?? they don't have to bend over backwards for Ableton fanboys.

You may want to consider what position you're in if you're actually hoping for Bitwig to fail. I mean what do you have to lose except your investment in Ableton Live?.

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:21 am

You sir, are a loon.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 am

J0n35y wrote:You sir, are a loon.
Go fuck yourself J0n35y

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 am

:cry:

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am

J0n35y wrote::cry:
are you crying because I said something bad Ableton Live? poor Ableton.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 am

J0n35y wrote:You sir, are a loon.
You're punctuation, is off.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex