Post your beer and associated gut

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Casual Beats

Re: The I don't like beer thread

Post by Casual Beats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 am

bosonHavoc wrote:hey doc jones you know they have $2 real ale and 60 minute dogfish head ipa's for happy hour at bouldin creek coffeehouse right :) (least i hope they still do)
hey, thanks for the heads up. I haven't been to that coffee house yet, so I'll have to check it out. I've been on a search lately for good pubs that have a sizable beer selection on tap and stumbled upon the Flying Saucer last weekend. I have to say that I was really impressed by their selection! Looked like they had close to 70 different beers on tap!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:27 am

There's a place in Seattle called Taphouse that has something like 260 beers on tap, it's ridiculous.

Best gig I had this year was actually playing the brewer's lounge at WA's Brewer's Fest this summer. All the best state wide brewer's save a small pony keg of their favorite beer just for other brewers to try, and the ponies were 4 feet from my DJ booth. Bliss.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:15 am

Android Bishop wrote:anybody posting in this thread about how much they DONT like beer are fucking failures. grow up and learn to enjoy drinking without adding a bunch of fruit juice or soda pop to your drink to get as hammered as possible...be a pro and enjoy spirits and beer and wine for their own sake
i *used* to like to drink beer, and I still like the flavor of beer, just not so much the way it makes me feel gastrointestinally, except for that German beer, and Germany is a bit far for me to go to catch a beer on a regular basis.

This I just loved-- it is really good and if you haven't tried it you should:
http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/th ... -detre.htm

but at this point I drink absinthe, diluted about 4:1. It doesn't give me a hangover, and just need one or two to feel good.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:05 am

The Baltimore zoo that Obvious Alias speaks of sounds like the way to go. That shit will get you fucked the fuck up REAL quick and then it's PARTY TIME BRAH!

q.musgrove

Post by q.musgrove » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:29 am

Meyer's on the rocks to drink... but I always get a headache too unless I get good and drunk. So I can't just sip a drink (especially beer for some reason) and work on tunes. now.. there is a particular adhd medicine that is admittedly very conducive to productivity. If they could fuse that with beer!!! :twisted:

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:08 am

q.musgrove wrote:Meyer's on the rocks to drink... but I always get a headache too unless I get good and drunk. So I can't just sip a drink (especially beer for some reason) and work on tunes. now.. there is a particular adhd medicine that is admittedly very conducive to productivity. If they could fuse that with beer!!! :twisted:

all the rum drinkers in this thread need to learn about the premium shit. Go find a bottle of el dorado 20 year and prepare to have your minds fucking BLOWN. quick, before it becomes hip and they jack up the prices 1000% like they already did with whiskey, scotch, wine and beer

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 am

Tone Deft wrote:Chimay Red with a strong cheddar cheese is amazing.
Spaten, Stella, Guinness, Anchor Steam, Fat Tire, Lagunitas IPA, anything from Speakeasy or Anchor Steam or New Belgium breweries.

or go to a good Belgium place and just tell them to set you up with food and beer as they see fit. Alembic in SF is great for that, they know their shit. The Brick Store in Decatur (Atlanta) is absolutely amazing for this. great punk on the jukebox too.
Stella. :lol:

We call it 'wife-beater' here in the UK.

As for the rest, I'll drink anything me. Except Real Ale which really is for beardy wierdy types who like warm sludge in a cup.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:12 am

H20nly wrote:you can drink whiskey with your beer or beer with your whiskey. its ok.
Whiskey and beer = Very Clear

Beer and Whiskey = Very Risky
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:25 am

Lazy Tequlia Slammers Recipe:

There comes a time when the action of having to physicaly slam a mix of tequila and lemonade can be a chore...

...To take the effort out of your slammer simply drop a spoon full of andrews liver salts into yer Jose Cuervo, let it fizz and neck it.
8)

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am

yup, stella - 6 cans for a fiver in the local shops.

i love beer.
now that there are plenty of polish people in london there are lots of shops selling polish beer too, some of it is very nice, and strong as well - a particular favourite of mine at the moment is one that is just called 'strong', with a picture of a man beating an anvil on the tin. its about 6.5 % which is quite a good buzz before you head up to the 8 or 9 percenters, (which often just lead to trouble in my experience :oops: )

my utter favourite is carib - west indian and divine

i hate scotch whisky - its just horrible. the mrs likes to buy herself a bottle now and then as she knows it'll last ages as its the only thing i wont touch

and cachaca. caipirinhas rule :D

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 am

Bought a can of Rhino Lager (Beer) in a Soho off-licence (Liqor Store) many moons ago...... 13.9 % orig gravity! made Special Brew taste like Harp.

Impossible to drink unless fully chilled mind you.

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 am

beer... just do it!

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:57 am

Hmmmm..... Beer......I may well have the blow the froth off a couple tonight now.... 8)

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 am

UKRuss wrote: Except Real Ale which really is for beardy wierdy types who like warm sludge in a cup.
oh my god I can't believe you say that! Although I guess I probably am a beardy weirdy type, and if I smoked tobacco I would probably smoke a pipe, and I do have a flat cap, but real ale is one of the most fantastic things in the known universe. It is one of the great loves of my life and probably the one thing I miss the most about England.

Maybe you've never done it properly. Last time I was back, in April there was a CAMRA real ale festival on and I went with a friend to a pub in the backroads of Kentish Town with a beer garden and a room out the back that was like your aunt's conservatory with framed pencil drawings of sparrows on the wall and doilies etc, but they had about 20 kegs of one offs called things like "Blonde barmaids rack" or "the bishops trousers" etc. You have to drink by the half pint and try as many as you can. I think we managed all of them, including the 7% cider from Wurzels country and I felt really clear and warm and fuzzy and got no hangover at all. Oddly enough David Mitchell (Mitchell and Webb) was in there doing the same!

Real ale drinking is like the wine tasting of the beer world - you never get that variety and subtlety of flavour with the mass produced shitty lagers most people drink.

So you can have your watery, gassy hopless piss you utter heathen! ;-)

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

6X :)