Ableton Live 9 soon? thoughts?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mint Invader

Re: Ableton Live 9 soon? thoughts?

Post by Mint Invader » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:55 pm

What could they come up with that is "Brand Spanking New" for Live 9 already.
Because Whatever.

condra

Post by condra » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 pm

funken wrote:Looks like Music Tech Focus has dropped Live 9 from the list of editions due out, so obviously everything has been put back.
or they got a slap on the wrist from Ableton

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Mint Invader wrote:What could they come up with that is "Brand Spanking New" for Live 9 already.
OSC support

Follow Actions to include scene firing and other goodies like 'clip cycle' being used as a length determination like in the rest of Live.

off the top of my head

condra

Post by condra » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:12 pm

It's hereeeee!!!

NICE!
8O

fx23

Post by fx23 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 am

Mint Invader wrote:What could they come up with that is "Brand Spanking New" for Live 9 already.
as said things like OSC, nb1 years awaited AUTOM to SESSION, transparent move from session to arrangement and vice versa,
intermodulations, lfos ect would be quite an ENORMOUS REVOLUTION.. wome forgot what they really mean with time..

I prefer they take their time and fix those deep core stuff everybody wants from years now than X tiny adds and 3rd party stuff,
keeping moving on half messed concepts trying to be a DAW that will never be as accurate as other major daws for linear stuff anyway.

i will really really really really be pissed if automation to session is once more dropped of the party, as well as Osc.

that's a way tooooo looooooooong during bad joke now.. i think in 7 years im on this forum (with other names) I may have asked that
about 50 times, every years, and then waiting next year, and then, and..

when automation to session will be there it should be a national day off in worlwide countries imo

i will be so excited i don't know what im gonna do, probably music with a cool natural fast workflow for the very first time of my life..

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:42 am

I heard this too, the farmyard samples include all the samples from Good Morning, Good Morning by The Beatles (off the Sgt. Pepper album) resampled in pristine 32 bit float at 96 Khz.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

fhyio

Post by fhyio » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Please release ableton 9. I'm dying to see the new ableton come out with workflow improvements.

Not being able to nest groups is driving me mad

Also the mixer and bussing and arrange page needs a pimp my ride makeover

More customisability.

Not really bothered too much about plguins as I use mostly VST plugins

Ableton is on the borderline of becoming a killer app, like logic 9. If they just sort out the snags that they have been having

Thank you for listening

fisto

Post by fisto » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Slightlydelic wrote:i cant think of anything Ableton could do that would make me want to spend more money with them, right now native instruments are my prefered company to spend money with.
+1

N.I + Sonar X1 is THE SHIT For me now. I also won't spend a dime on the Abes the next few years :-)

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:46 pm

leedsquietman wrote:I heard this too, the farmyard samples include all the samples from Good Morning, Good Morning by The Beatles (off the Sgt. Pepper album) resampled in pristine 32 bit float at 96 Khz.
Nice! Where do I sign up? What about pitch correction to go with the industry leading amp simulator and indespensable vocoder? Sorry, I'm not that bitter. I'm really not.

My pointless speculation would be summer at the earliest.

Update arrangement page, OSC, 64 bit, track comping, bielzer curves, dual monitor support, time stretching in Sampler... that's just off the top of my head and w/o mentioning automation to session view. We'll probably get more 3rd party add ons and the aforementioned barnyard animals though. :cry:

Edit: @Leeds - Will those Beatles farmyard animal sounds be sampled from the mono or stereo versions?

Rabid

Post by Rabid » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:20 pm

I was happy with Live 3. Don't need another full blown DAW with all the bells, wistles and bloat.

roby

Post by roby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Bagle wrote:is there anyway the mods can ban posts mentioning the next version until ableton has said something offically.

im sorry but im sick of people constantly saying, oh live 6 when????

live 7 when???

whats gonna be in live 8..

just spend more time making music with what ever version your on and leave the next to the developers and coders..

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
[like]Image

roby

Post by roby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:56 pm

condra wrote:It will include 4 GB of farmyard animal samples.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:19 pm

fisto wrote:
Slightlydelic wrote:i cant think of anything Ableton could do that would make me want to spend more money with them, right now native instruments are my prefered company to spend money with.
+1

N.I + Sonar X1 is THE SHIT For me now. I also won't spend a dime on the Abes the next few years :-)

I agree. I see no reason to spend any money on the Abes for a few years. I'm in no rush for a new version of Live. I'll wait patiently until it's released and somewhat stable. I would be willing to help beta test, but I'm not spending any money on an upgrade for some time after it's released.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

deva

Post by deva » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:07 pm

I do not care about a Live 9... I just want Live 8 more stable... and when there is a Live 9, what I want most are basic improvements and really make all the features already there solid and efficient. There is too much stuff that feels half-assed.

It feels like Ableton has pressure to keep selling to support too big a company. Ableton has become too big for Live to support it. So then Live has to try to become all things to all people. Make the company smaller and get back to the roots. Too many extra add-ons and not enough focus on the core program. Too many new features thrown in and stability has suffered.

my 2 cents

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Reply: "I don't care and it pisses me off that you do! I will now ridicule your thread".

Oh, interwebs forums... you fuzzy little friends of the bored.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.