Checking your old man self

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Angstrom

Re: Checking your old man self

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:07 am

My facebook wall, transcribed.

You won't believe what this man does with these puppies. #7 will blow your mind. Sign the petition to stop sex with puppies.
> Typical heteronormative patriarchalist puppy fucker!!
> Oh my god guys this totally validates my point of view.

Wheat is going to strangle and mutiliate your infant children while they sleep say scientists (link:earth-chakra-energy.org)
> I knew it, I cut out all food and now feel great. I cant stand up any more, but i feel great
> wheat is the government
> science is amazing

Science doesnt want you to know: This simple banana can prevent all cancers in a 50km radius (link: energy-peace-gullibility.net)
> I hate scientists
> science is a joke
> I can see colours. Explain that science!

Hey guys, to celebrate my 58th birthday, I've released my new EP "ULTRAHARD BANGERZ" 4 tunes from 180BPM down to a chill 172BPM . Check out http://pensionerbeat.com and catch me on tour.
> that's great grandad, Mom said you used to be something like this. Is it on Virt?
> Oh Dad. What about your bad hip?
> nice one, I got da pillz bro!,

Here's a picture of me looking sexy, but I'm gonna pretend it didn't take me an hour to take a good one, one where my chins are hidden just like my inner pain.
> omg becky you look so hot
> babe
> love u gal
> I'd totally smash you like a walnut but the hammer is my penis. Like a meat hammer, and your vulva is a wrinkly walnut. But pink. Ah fuck am drunk,
> ew, sick
> Iets start an internet crusade against that guy.
> totally.

Cat picture

Cat picture

Pile of dead dogs

Cat picture

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Anything you don’t pay for with money you are going to pay for with some form of privacy invasion. Don’t know if you should be outraged at the companies as much as people not wanting to pay for things. Personally I don’t mind targeted marketing but apparently the advert bots think all my money goes to Native Instruments. At least Google is toying with the idea of blocking advertisements if you pay a subscription, a “put your money where your mouth is” proposition to the outraged whiners.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah I know I pay with my information, and I know it's all for SkyNet, but I have this morbid curiosity about the Singularity: what if it wasn't a bad thing?

Maybe I'd like to see what it's like if AI takes over humanity and tries to enslave us :lol:

I mean, if we aren't a slave to something else, we all have our own chains we like to be stuck in.
And how ridiculous does it need to get for people to fight back (at least in the states)?
If AI forms it's opinion about humanity from the internet and history and wants to protect it's own future and the planet, do we not deserve something foreboding?
Did I leave the iron on?
ImageImage

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Tarekith wrote:
shadx312 wrote:It's not social media's fault, it's just a reflection of the same old shit. It's no different from a forum. It comes down to the people.
Yes and no. On a forum I can pick and choose which threads I want to read, on Facebook it's decided for me what's supposd to be important. I liked it for staying in touch with family back home now that I'm in Europe, but it got to the point that I never saw what they were doing, it was always random musicians that sent friend requests every day.

I could ignore those, but some were potential clients and took offense. Too much a PITA in the end.
That's just facebook aesthetics though. Shouldn't you have a separate page or group for personal and professional anyway? Google does the same thing in a different way. I'm talking about the principle of what certain types of people choose to share online, with who and at what frequency.

And then there's the forgotten option that we don't need to use the internet to communicate andnstay in touch with each other, or at least a social media site. We still have IM, Skype, etc. So sure, most people still need a hub and facebook is the current leader in the west. Eh, I dunno I say keep your friends and family local and do shit in person. :lol: Personally I like what social medias have to offer, it's how and what a lot of people use them for that turns me off.

If you want to feel significant, do something significant. Having children doesn't count.

I think youtube is a great social media site despite the troll population. It's brought a lot of people together that might've otherwise been a hard time in their area (like someone with a brain that lives in a small god-fearing town)
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:08 pm

shadx312 wrote:Yeah I know I pay with my information, and I know it's all for SkyNet, but I have this morbid curiosity about the Singularity: what if it wasn't a bad thing?

Maybe I'd like to see what it's like if AI takes over humanity and tries to enslave us :lol:

I mean, if we aren't a slave to something else, we all have our own chains we like to be stuck in.
And how ridiculous does it need to get for people to fight back (at least in the states)?
If AI forms it's opinion about humanity from the internet and history and wants to protect it's own future and the planet, do we not deserve something foreboding?
Did I leave the iron on?

Most of us are already slaves to our assumption paranoia fueled by the media including the internet. Throw in the fact that a lot of people find negativity extremely seductive and intoxicating. It might be a refreshing change if we could rally against tangle AI slave masters.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:18 pm

shadx312 wrote:That's just facebook aesthetics though. Shouldn't you have a separate page or group for personal and professional anyway?
I did for specifically that purpose, but I still had everyone trying to friend me as well as like the page.
Ableton Forum Administrator

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:41 pm

I get way more friendship threats from Linkedin and I don’t think I’m even a member on that site. :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:42 pm

It might be a refreshing change if we could rally against tangle AI slave masters.
Agreed, plus any distraction to avoid battling our own inner demons is the goal, right?
ImageImage

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:42 pm

[erm] wrote:
shadx312 wrote:That's just facebook aesthetics though. Shouldn't you have a separate page or group for personal and professional anyway?
I did for specifically that purpose, but I still had everyone trying to friend me as well as like the page.
Doh logged in with the wrong account.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Yeah I saw what you did there (Luxembourg) :lol:
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:05 pm

"Admistrator", might wanna tighten that up T.

Angstrom, that's not your page it's mine! Scoundrel! how did you get my Facebook login and password? :x

TomViolenz wrote:Yes Apple has everything on you too, but with them you are at least the customer and not the product
for real.

i hadn't thought about it that way, but that's exactly the way it works in the Walled Garden vs. Android ecosystem. makes me wonder if they called it Android because that's what they intend to make out of us... or if it's just a self fulfilling prophecy that they stumbled upon while trying to come up with a stupid name that sounds futuristic.

*shurgs* at least it doesn't have a damn lower case i in front of it. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:15 pm

According to my roommate people won’t STFU about that lion getting killed on Facebook. I’ve become a broken record with my “how about spending that same amount of outrage on bigger picture injustices that actually impact you”, but maybe that’s just my old age cynicism. Maybe most people have their life all figured out and no bigger picture injustices are impacting them. So they are justified in piecemealing out their outrage between their long parade of epic wins and it’s nice that they still have some humanity and compassion despite being pillars of unencumbered success. :|

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:28 pm

beats me wrote:According to my roommate people won’t STFU about that lion getting killed on Facebook. I’ve become a broken record with my “how about spending that same amount of outrage on bigger picture injustices that actually impact you”, but maybe that’s just my old age cynicism. Maybe most people have their life all figured out and no bigger picture injustices are impacting them. So they are justified in piecemealing out their outrage between their long parade of epic wins and it’s nice that they still have some humanity and compassion despite being pillars of unencumbered success. :|
Well I think it's just another addition of the piles of things we're seeing where man has this non-chalant careless attitude towards any other form of life that doesn't look exactly like ourselves, maybe even moreso for animals because we're proactively encroaching upon their territory while they don't bother us. Like it's one thing for man to kill each other but you know what I mean. I'm glad people are pissed. He's got another picture with a hippo and the only reason he's sorry is because he got busted for it.

"Oh sry I didn't know you guys liked that lion I wouldn't have done it to that lion if I knew you liked him' - like he doesn't even realize he's poaching or that it's a really shitty thing.
The guy is literally a piece of shit. Literally.

Image <---- dentist poacher guy. Note the smiling.
it’s nice that they still have some humanity and compassion despite being pillars of unencumbered success.
damn dude, do successful people not give a shit or what?
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:52 pm

What I’m saying is how come we don’t see the same call to arms over the fact that when adjusted for inflation most people haven’t gotten a raise in over 30 years. How do people still buy things? Massive debt. I could go on and on with related horrific information. But OK, let’s all rally together over the tragic death of a lion at the hands of a human.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Yeah I know what you mean but the 2 comparisons are pretty different.

1 is pretty universal and basic emotional thing while the other is very relative to each person.
1 is easy for people to come together while the other is more divisive.
1 involves your own reality where you have to rock the boat and potentially lose your position, the other enables channeling anger through a scapegoat.
ImageImage