How's the CPU efficiency in Live 10?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
KoffeeStar

Re: How's the CPU efficiency in Live 10?

Post by KoffeeStar » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:43 pm

I just got ALS 10 2 days ago. The CPU usage is insane even with ONE track and a VST like Diva. ALS 9 was fine. Disappointed to say the least. I'm not seeing the value of the upgrade.

Running 2014 MBP 15" with OSX High Sierra, 2.1 GHz i7, 16GB ram and 1TB internal SSD.

Nokatus

Re: How's the CPU efficiency in Live 10?

Post by Nokatus » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Luckily CPU use has generally been normal over here. Already upgraded my license and have done some projects in Live 10. But yep, many people are reporting clearly abnormal CPU loads, here and elsewhere, when compared to the earlier Live version on the exact same system -- and also other audio software on the same system. It's not about a slight increase, or even a whopping 10-20% increase; there are reports of Live 10 completely overloading under what should be a trivial load (and is, in the earlier version). So, for anyone not yet on Live 10 it's a very good idea to test thoroughly with the trial version first before upgrading.

I'm quite sure Ableton will soon get around to fixing the issues as they go through reports from users and have some time to really delve into that stuff. If you're experiencing problems like that, please send Ableton detailed info of your system and the sets you are seeing these issues with.