Can't afford to upgrade right now? I have a plan!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
amo

Post by amo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:37 pm

Don't bash Smutek, that thread is old and he could not achiee the goal of quiting smohing yet... Hope he'll do soon though, cause he inspired a great bunch of people here who actually quit.
Good luck to all,

amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

trash

Post by trash » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:06 pm

bollocks i smoked a few when i was drunk
but im not going back to the old ways
im going to keep trying....

rrRRR

fucking tempting isnt it ??
:twisted:

conny

Post by conny » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:20 pm

I felt near to losing it today, after, well, months.
But I did not give in and now this day will be over and I manged.
Trash - don't give your self bad wibes for a backlash, it's the good moves that count, the one that get you further to your goals.

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:23 am

I actually quit smoking almost 3 months ago. the weird thing is that right after I quit I couldn't breath very good for like 2 weeks cause of anxiety attacks constantly I had to go on anti depressants just to calm down but it helped and I am still not a smoker. and off the pills too.

now I just drink lots.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:29 am

Good luck you ciggarette smoking junkies,strong will you must have to pull this off.
I quit again as of yesterday, not because of this thread but because of it's a nasty habit. This time I really don't want smoke any more, you must just get over the 3 day hump and you guys will be alright. Keep some tee tree sticks around to chew on, really helps the oral fixation, and if you have some patches throw one of those bad boys on your arm, take it off before bed though or you won't sleep, nicotine spins you out and gives you fucked off dreams. but the patchies do work well.
and if you really want to quit, there are capsules you can buy, filled with some ancient chinese secret, but you take a capsule everyday, and if you smoke anytime after injesting one of these things the smoke tastes like you are sucking on a rusty quarter, rude and foul, you simply can't smoke. go to any chinese erb store to pick them up.

once you do go a few days though, ahhhhhhhh, you will feel so much better, more energy,less stink.

have fun

d das

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:41 am

I felt like fu**ing sh** after a couple days man I don't know what you're talking about. I couldn't breath. more energy yes. but I was tense as all hell for a good while. and felt like I was choking half the time. not caughing. just coudn't breath. hard to explain. I still have issues with my throat actually after 3 months. doctor says it's just stress from not smoking.

now I spend all that money on coffee and beer.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

jamesp

Post by jamesp » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:05 am

This thread always makes me want a smoke. :D

conny

Post by conny » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:55 pm

Johnisfaster wrote: I was tense as all hell for a good while.
I think some of the feel-good-stories about giving up smooking does not apply to all of us. May depend of what the smooking and what needs the substances actually fills for the individual.

My panic attacks came long after quitting cigarrettes, but I did use wet tobacco then instead = even more nicotine. When still suffering hard from anxiety etc, when this thread started, I quit nicotine at all and I think my body and mind was so upset by my other symtoms (yes, I lay o the floor just trying to breath), that the nicotine abstinence was swallowed by the other things going on.
I hope it's not the other way around for me, that the anxiety would go away if a stared smoking again... Don't dare to try.

And yes, more alcohol for me.
But while smoking alot, at times I really felt I was soon be dead, lungs hurted, so no regret and the money counts
Bleeps and Blops!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:31 pm

Respect and power too all you quitters!

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:39 pm

any update on how the original poster of this thread is doing on his quest?

conny

Post by conny » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:48 am

Johnisfaster wrote:I still have issues with my throat actually after 3 months. doctor says it's just stress from not smoking.
Just read/heard that a heavy smooker may get into astma when quitting without downscaling.

// C
Bleeps and Blops!

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:35 am

Everytime I try to quit smoking I start to cough more often than I normally did while smoking. I cough up that disgusting yellowish phlegm. I think after a week or couple days of no smoking your body is trying get rid of the nasty shit in your lungs from smoking. If you smoke your lungs produce more mucus(spelling?) in the air sacs to protect them from the smoke. So a week or whatever after being smoke free your lungs decide to get rid of that excessive mucus, hence the coughing more often shortly after quiting.

forge

Post by forge » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:06 am

conny wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote: And yes, more alcohol for me.
But while smoking alot, at times I really felt I was soon be dead, lungs hurted, so no regret and the money counts
hate it if I was somking too, I already spend the same on alcohol as I would for a pack a day, and that is a strain, but I know people who do both!

conny

Post by conny » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:48 pm

suburbanbather wrote:the coughing more often shortly after quiting.
The coughing says to some extend that the lungs are getting back their functions, some of which have been "killed" with smoke.

Another thing I read is that the lungs protect themselves to some degree, but this ability degrades if you are going back and forth between smoking and not smoking. That stresses the protection system. You shall smoke OR quit.

// C
Bleeps and Blops!

smart1123

Post by smart1123 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:25 pm

For all you having trouble quitting... Zyban, I haven't smoked for four years after a 1 month course of Zyban and it was EASY to quit (after smoking for 18 years). The neat thing is that you keep smoking for two weeks after you start taking the pills and then you quit the pills two weeks after the zyban, it was a little expensive ($60/month) but no where as expensive as smoking and I've never looked back. My wife is just doing it now and hasn't had a smoke in four days and she says it easy too.

Best of luck to you all.
15" TiBook 1.5 GHz 1Gig RAM, MOTU Traveller, Live 5, Reaktor 5, Alesis Micron, Yamaha EX-5, UC-33e, BCR2000, Lexicon MPX-1, Orbit, Event 20/20's