OT: LOST

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
the_antagonist

Re: OT: LOST

Post by the_antagonist » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:12 am

i can wait to watch the whole thing end to end.

you can tell that even right at the beginning they were sewing seads.

thefinger

Post by thefinger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:42 pm

yea, me too. i plan on taking a weeks vacation before the final episode so i can watch the whole damn thing.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:27 pm

This thing has been planned out in detail from the very beginning.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:42 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:This thing has been planned out in detail from the very beginning.
naahh, i'm pretty sure season 1 wasnt , that sucked ass (compared to all the other seasons)

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm

season 1 was stand alone in many ways. but there was some seads in that season that were expanded apon and some that were just abandoned.

i think the idea was to take it where they could plot and caractor wise. until the writers stike when they decided to start working towards the end.

my one grumble with lost is 2 folk who were introduced then appeared in a few episodes leading to them having a dedicated episode where they ended up being buried alive due to some diamode heist or something else equally pointless.

they have not resurfaced and their plot had nothing to do with the big picture. was there bigger plans for them?

where they just written out cause they blew the big one?

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

yes pirate ship was way out at sea... but richard on that ship, doesnt sit with me.

smoke monster must be the anti jacob.

smoke monster met with locke right at the bigining. that was the cataylist that led us to where we are now.

anti jacob said "you know how long iv been working on this" (trying to find the loop hole and get all the pieces in place. anti jacob isnt the spirit of locke. anti jacob is pretending to be locke. dead folk cant come back to life. thats the rule. anti jacob must also have been jacks/clairs dad.

any other dead people walking around?

ARDJ

Post by ARDJ » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:57 pm

smoke monster did everything in its power to make sure John was looked at as the "leader". Yemi (Eco's brother) told eco John was doing the utmost important work. Ben's daugther said don't even THINK of killing him (a 2nd time). A bunch of other instances as well (but it's too early and i can barely remember who i am right now)

thefinger

Post by thefinger » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:03 am

the_antagonist wrote: my one grumble with lost is 2 folk who were introduced then appeared in a few episodes leading to them having a dedicated episode where they ended up being buried alive due to some diamode heist or something else equally pointless.

they have not resurfaced and their plot had nothing to do with the big picture. was there bigger plans for them?

where they just written out cause they blew the big one?
that was nikki and paulo. and yes, they were written out cause they "blew the big one". they were universally panned by critics and fans alike so they folded and killed them off.

i kind of think that sayid has a storyline that might have been meant for mr. eko, had the man who played eko not gotten a bad case of homesickness and quit the show. i might be wrong but who knows. the fact is they had a storyline planned out for eko in the long term.

among other things you can't plan for when you run a tv show. you can have a vague idea, but the details don't come together until it's on the writers' to-do list.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:21 pm

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:31 pm

That sounds like the worst drug ever!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:09 pm

So far this season = meh.

I'm seriously missing the more scifi aspect that we saw the last couple of seasons. Faraday & others clearly making cool discoveries about time travel and the island, Dharma trying to harness the power thru technology.

Now? Somewhat Battlestar Galactish. A lot of good vs evil drivel. Wouldn't mind that so much if they would at least keep the scifi aspect up a bit.....

Oh, time to move this thread to ze Lounge.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:24 pm

I lost track of Lost at the end of Season 3! Will have to go an buy the whole lot on Blu-Ray once it's finished and play a bit of catch-up.

Is it still ultra-wierd?
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:27 pm

^even more so, but that's what makes it great.

I read yesterday that the finale for Lost is getting Superbowl-level fees for commercials...$900K for a 30-second spot.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Yeah, I thought the same thing about this season. It's ok, but they've gone from something really complex and intriguing to just a simple good versus evil thing. I'm hoping that it just goes crazy the last few episodes.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm actually enjoying this season for the first time in a long time. Sure they're leaving a lot of lose ends if you really want to reflect to death on past episodes and seasons but at least it's starting to make some sense. Now they just need to explain the origin of the good and evil characters. I hope they go to Steven King for this and it's some clown/frog/turnip beast.