Ladytron

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Re: Ladytron

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 am

oblique strategies wrote: Thanks for the recommendations Machinesworking. I really like the first one. :)
Yeah Come to think of it my favorite three songs by them are 17, International Dateline, and Soft Power.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:21 am

earthloop wrote:One word: GOLDFRAPP!

Alison Goldfrapp is the queen of electro pop! With Will Gregory she produces the most amazing music. She is a stunning singer ... a class above all these pretenders! I know because I have seen her live and she is even better live than in her recordings (I must also mention the band too: excellent!!!)

Am I a fan? Oh YESSSS! :mrgreen:
They're good, but honestly way too produced. It's the same problem I have with Garbage, good ideas, great singer, and way too produced, to the point to where it sounds as clinically perfect as Nsync. Some like than level of detail, and while I appreciate it, I like the the less produced or messier productions. Goldfrapp have no built in limitations, for instance Ladytron always have some analog sounds in any song they do really (Korg MS-20 on everything), while Goldfrapp are definitely 'kitchen sink' producers.
Not saying that Any of these groups are bad though, I like Goldfrapp. I'm a fan of girl electro, probably why I use a girl for the vocal stuff myself. :mrgreen:

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 am

yeah i really like them.

unfortunately when i went to see them live the sound engineer murdered their mix. the bass was just a garbled out of control mess....totally ruined it.
it was at a festival and it would have been hard to pull a good mix initially considering the amount of synths on stage and no soundcheck but it was still a dogs breakfast 5 songs in :(
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:11 pm

now that we're on about girls and electronics, i got to show what i'm up to: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Vsgq3AQ5Y

lunabass

Post by lunabass » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:24 am

nice one coldbuggin!
:: STAK ::
Music for Visual Media
www.staksounds.com
@staksounds

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:06 pm