APC40 creating high pitched noise

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sacredgeometry

Re: APC40 creating high pitched noise

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 am

ffs whats with my mac double posting
Peace + Hugs

Brian

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:35 am

EMF's???

anybody tried plugging it in away from their gear. Fluorescent lighting ballasts? Turned off and unplugged the TV or your 220v vibrators maybe? :)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 am

sacredgeometry wrote:I'm not being argumentative
are too. ;) :roll: (easiest pwn ever.)
I said that most people with common sense don't point their mics at their computers especially when using it as a argument for the amount of noise they have from one piece of equipment...if you think that's unfair i apologies.
and timothy damn well knows that. you're being condescening in saying that he's doing it wrong.
it is hard to believe that it would be louder....which in my case is true...
you find it hard to believe because you won't open your ears (err eyes) and READ what people are writing, you can't think beyond your own little world and insist on telling people how it is in THEIR studios, pull the banana out of your ass, that's just dumb and narrow sighted.

if you really know what timothy is hearing in his studio then I know for sure that that's a number 12 Chiquita banana sticking out your ass. get it?? f-ing perve.
i am so sorry that you got one of a bad batch i didnt thus far mine is silent i even did tests to the cause ...i am sorry this information wasnt of value to you but it might go towards proving that your apc is not functioning the way they should and might infact help you get a refund...or get it repaired.
again, if you'd READ the thread I've stated many times that mine is fine, or at least the noise is much quieter than my drives. BUT I accept that other people have different experiences.
peace (no i will not take this out because it is a genuine sentiment no matter how angry a person you are or how much you dislike me i wish you no harm)

brian
now you're calling me an angry person and being rude. "peace" yeah, right. :roll: I have feelings too ya know. :cry:

like I wrote earlier, there are varying reports of the level of the noise, why are you so narrow minded to think that everyone's experience is your own? it's the freaking interweb, there are many more experiences out there than your own. dismissing information people are posting will not help us figure out what's going on, we get it, you're not buying that people have APCs louder than yours. please STFU so the adults can do some critical thinking.

sacredgeometry wrote:ffs whats with my mac double posting
it's a Mac, get a PC FFS. :roll: :P

it's not just about recording noise, it's simply annoying to be in a room with a buzzing piece of gear.

still, I'd love to get an idea of just what people are experiencing. if nakedbestiality-banana-up-the-arse-boy is correct and you're a bunch of whiners, this is retarded. or brilliant if you're just trying to lower the customer base to make it easier for your friends to get a hold of one.

really, what's the reality of this for the whiners? because I WANT TO KNOW!!

I posted for people to post their serial numbers, please do so.

/Red Bull fueled rant. ;) HA!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:49 am

Tone Deft wrote:
sacredgeometry wrote:I'm not being argumentative
are too. ;) :roll: (easiest pwn ever.)
I said that most people with common sense don't point their mics at their computers especially when using it as a argument for the amount of noise they have from one piece of equipment...if you think that's unfair i apologies.
and timothy damn well knows that. you're being condescening in saying that he's doing it wrong.
it is hard to believe that it would be louder....which in my case is true...
you find it hard to believe because you won't open your ears (err eyes) and READ what people are writing, you can't think beyond your own little world and insist on telling people how it is in THEIR studios, pull the banana out of your ass, that's just dumb and narrow sighted.

if you really know what timothy is hearing in his studio then I know for sure that that's a number 12 Chiquita banana sticking out your ass. get it?? f-ing perve.
i am so sorry that you got one of a bad batch i didnt thus far mine is silent i even did tests to the cause ...i am sorry this information wasnt of value to you but it might go towards proving that your apc is not functioning the way they should and might infact help you get a refund...or get it repaired.
again, if you'd READ the thread I've stated many times that mine is fine, or at least the noise is much quieter than my drives. BUT I accept that other people have different experiences.
peace (no i will not take this out because it is a genuine sentiment no matter how angry a person you are or how much you dislike me i wish you no harm)

brian
now you're calling me an angry person and being rude. "peace" yeah, right. :roll: I have feelings too ya know. :cry:

like I wrote earlier, there are varying reports of the level of the noise, why are you so narrow minded to think that everyone's experience is your own? it's the freaking interweb, there are many more experiences out there than your own. dismissing information people are posting will not help us figure out what's going on, we get it, you're not buying that people have APCs louder than yours. please STFU so the adults can do some critical thinking.

sacredgeometry wrote:ffs whats with my mac double posting
it's a Mac, get a PC FFS. :roll: :P

it's not just about recording noise, it's simply annoying to be in a room with a buzzing piece of gear.

still, I'd love to get an idea of just what people are experiencing. if nakedbestiality-banana-up-the-arse-boy is correct and you're a bunch of whiners, this is retarded. or brilliant if you're just trying to lower the customer base to make it easier for your friends to get a hold of one.

really, what's the reality of this for the whiners? because I WANT TO KNOW!!

I posted for people to post their serial numbers, please do so.

/Red Bull fueled rant. ;) HA!!

oh right i see your level of maturity now, i wont be adding anything more to this thread

peace

brian
Peace + Hugs

Brian

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:52 am

sweet.

unrest.

Mike.

now that he's gone... just how loud are these faulty boxes?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:58 am

Tone Deft wrote:sweet.

unrest.

Mike.

Tone Deft - "gate keeper" Yer like a right of passage here dude, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b4bGAoVR7g

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:00 am

knotkranky wrote:

unrest.

Mike.

sorry to break a rule but he is more like an insufferable ass

edit: ps holy grail has to be the best python ever
Peace + Hugs

Brian

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:07 am

sacredgeometry wrote:
knotkranky wrote:

unrest.

Mike.

sorry to break a rule but he is more like an insufferable ass

edit: ps holy grail has to be the best python ever
Oh i won't disagree with you about TD, lol. But i still like him for it. Gives me license too.

Yes mate, Python holy grail is absolute 100% genius!!!

Let me add that TD is less serious than you think.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:58 am

Brian - seriously, what's your role here? you're telling people they're not hearing what they're hearing, that's totally not productive. I am genuinely interested in hearing more about this and helping people, what's your role in this thread?

did I not leave enough clues to lighten the mood? lighten up man. you'll never get that banana out if you keep going on like this.

KK - lol, just a product of this environment.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Brian - seriously, what's your role here? you're telling people they're not hearing what they're hearing, that's totally not productive. I am genuinely interested in hearing more about this and helping people, what's your role in this thread?

did I not leave enough clues to lighten the mood? lighten up man. you'll never get that banana out if you keep going on like this.

KK - lol, just a product of this environment.
so far i have done quite alot to prove that my unit does not have this problem...i did not say once that people do not have a hiss i just said that personally i wouldnt point a microphone at a piece of equipment that made a sound.....as you brought that as a genuine reason for it to be a problem.

all you have been doing is contradicting me....or misconstruing my what i am say to make it either insulting to me or other people....what is your role here other than being a child?

right i am officially bored with you i have stated what i needed in this thread more than once just to satisfy you and your slow pickup on information.

ill reiterate once more incase you really cant get it

i don't have a noisy APC40

You might have one talk to AKAI pro about it

peace

brian
Peace + Hugs

Brian

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:10 pm

Tone Deft wrote:KK - lol, just a product of this environment.
Oh sure, It simply can't be avoided, but I won't worry until you get a nose job or a monkey.

have you?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:52 pm

knotkranky wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:KK - lol, just a product of this environment.
Oh sure, It simply can't be avoided, but I won't worry until you get a nose job or a monkey.

have you?
no nose job but the wife is quite a monkey, or was that me? either way we get on just fine. eeeeek eeeek ooooooh oooooohhhh!!!

if anyone's not convinced SacredGeometry is a fuckwit I'll gladly rant on the bitch more but he's not worth it and seems to be having so much fun on the carpet. glad it's not my place.

please do post audio of LOUD APCs or an SPL.

if people would post serial numbers of loud ones I bet we can find a range of numbers to avoid, which batch went goofy on the production line.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

wackraps

Post by wackraps » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:05 am

So I just received a replacement for my first APC that was making the noise and the issue is not present in the new one. I was worried it was a design flaw.

meowzah

Post by meowzah » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:08 pm

mine is also making noise, especially at the same time a led lights up... but it doesn't bother me.
I'm just worried that if its bad circuitry that the unit could be damaged in the long run? Is that possible?

I don't know anything about electronics, but that's all I'm concerned about-that the apc40 works and won't crap out... The noise itself is not a big deal.

So how many of you guys who returned noisy apc40's got back quiet ones?

I really don't want to have to return it just because of the noise, but if its a bad indicator of something else then I guess I will have to.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:40 pm

the "noise" is only perceptible if you stick you ear on the apc [or very near]. :lol:

If you Read the advertising notice that comes with the apc, it's written to not push stuff closest to it for efficient ventilation_ No overheat_
I don't say there some fans in it, but really the "noise" is so unperceptible_ the apc runs 100% fine.

My laptop is way more noisy than that_