AppleTV. Mr. Jobs, you've done it. Again.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: AppleTV. Mr. Jobs, you've done it. Again.

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:04 am

Digital_Damage wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:omfg.

Not the Digital Living Network Alliance!!!

Oh's No's!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, seriously. When that thing utterly and completely stops working and syncing - round about the next Windows update, I reckon :P - give me a call and I'll again explain to you why the AppleTV is the most stable and totally superior device.

( I feel I should end this post with an insult, but....what one? What feeeels right at the moment? Hmm.......hmm......)

Ball licker? No.
Ass Head? No.
Pig Fucker? YES!
To bad it is not a windows thing, and is a industry standard.

Read before you open your stupid mouth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dlna

Like I said OP is a moron...

It is simple install twonky on a mac and stream, no need for a shit box apple TV.

Industry standard? 3 or 4 now-out-of-business companies offered dodgy MacOS versions of their shit DLNA compatible software, lol.

Look, we're going to keep going back and forth where you post something utterly fucking retarded and then I bitch slap you back into reality. We can keep doing that, or you can just admit that what this is really about is that you hate Apple and then kill yourself.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Back and forth? This has actually been very one sided.

Yes, industry standard; as in 250 major manufactures and companys have commited to providing DLNA enabled devices. Covering Phones,TV's,Optical Players,Computers,ect...

You spent $99 on a useless POS and had no Idea what DLNA even was yet slammed it because your level of stupidity rivals that of a lemming.

You lost this fight buddy, lick your wounds and try again another day. who knows you might fare a tad bit better... but I doubt it.

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:36 pm

On a side note, manufactures are already embracing google TV.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2370684,00.asp

and it is DLNA compliant.

RIP Apple TV...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:On a side note, manufactures are already embracing google TV.

RIP Apple TV...
Also saw something about this earlier today. Should be interesting, although I have almost zero interest in "web browser on your TV" options.

And LSZ already hates my tone in this thread but I think Apple really went to sleep from the release of the original AppleTV to the new one and I think competition is going to surpass them quickly if they keep the same pace.

Also there was an extremely low level rumor awhile back that Apple was going to get into the TV making business but given the current state of AppleTV I don't see them making that big leap any time soon.
Last edited by beats me on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:58 pm

double post

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:13 pm

beats me wrote:
Digital_Damage wrote:On a side note, manufactures are already embracing google TV.

RIP Apple TV...
Also saw something about this earlier today. Should be interesting, although I have almost zero interest in "web browser on your TV" options.

And LSZ already hates my tone in this thread but I think Apple really went to sleep from the release of the original AppleTV to the new one and I think competition is going to surpass them quickly if they keep the same pace.

Also there was an extremely low level rumor awhile back that Apple was going to get into the TV making business but given the current state of AppleTV I don't see them making that big leap any time soon.
Ya, not a real fan of browsing the internet on the TV either.

The biggest thing that pops out to me is open source application development will come in the first quarter of next year for these devices. I can see developers moving to android in masses now that then can create a single application that can be distributed to Phones, Tablets(2nd Quarter of 2011) and TV's(first Quarter of 2011).

Embracing the industries standards and building on top of them is defiantly the way to go. Especially if your goal is over all user and manufacture acceptance of the platform.

I do see apple making an attempt at TV's however it will only just be that an attempt. They don't have the production capabilities to go that route without indenturing themselves to screen manufactures.
The downfall for Apple will be iTunes, it is already getting overly bloated with their retarded need to control the devices and services that are compatible with it. It would have been for more beneficial for them in the long run to open the services to developers and manufactures and try to become a standard. If in the strange occurrence it does become a standard in its current form they are going to get sued to the point of bankruptsy.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:15 pm

I understand Apple's desire to have some kind of control or standard over what gets released in an attempt at stability and quality. What I don't understand is making iTunes and synced products closed off to so many different common media file types and associated auto tagging. They're really shooting themselves in the foot on that one and it's totally against their "it just works" mantra.

dum

Post by dum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:30 pm

It only shoots the end user in the foot. Apple are confident their user base will tolerate such locked functionality, with a compliant user base it's pretty obvious why it's advantageous to limit the use of common media types.

You complain, but if I had to guess I'd say you still probably use an Apple device as your portable audio player ?
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:57 pm

dum wrote:It only shoots the end user in the foot. Apple are confident their user base will tolerate such locked functionality, with a compliant user base it's pretty obvious why it's advantageous to limit the use of common media types.

You complain, but if I had to guess I'd say you still probably use an Apple device as your portable audio player ?
I've largely lived in an Apple bubble for quite some time except my work PC which has lived up to the bad reputation Microsoft has, but partially due to IT wielding more control over it than even Apple does with their computers.

I haven't had too much headaches as far as audio is concerned, but with video it wasn't really until I started using Plex and their one step "put any file type in a folder" setup that I realized how retardedly tedious the process is to attempt to get a similar end experience with iTunes and synced devices.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:Yes, industry standard;
lol. An 'industry standard' that nobody has fucking heard of....

Oh. Wait. I see Gizmodo.com mentions it in passing when reviewing the horrid new Samsung Droid phone. :P

DLNA, indeed.

priceless.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:33 pm

beats me wrote:I realized how retardedly tedious the process is to attempt to get a similar end experience with iTunes and synced devices.
I was fortunate enough to realize this early on with iTunes. I had Music Match jukebox and that thing ran circles around iTunes... until fucking Yahoo bought it and turned it purple... I get why Apple do what they do from their side and I truly think that they are smart for this to some extent, but what blows my fucking mind is why end users are willing to do it. I don't watch TV so I don't see the ads. Maybe thats my saving grace.

I can't help but be curious about how this will all play out over time.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:58 pm

H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote:I realized how retardedly tedious the process is to attempt to get a similar end experience with iTunes and synced devices.
I was fortunate enough to realize this early on with iTunes. I had Music Match jukebox and that thing ran circles around iTunes... until fucking Yahoo bought it and turned it purple... I get why Apple do what they do from their side and I truly think that they are smart for this to some extent, but what blows my fucking mind is why end users are willing to do it. I don't watch TV so I don't see the ads. Maybe thats my saving grace.

I can't help but be curious about how this will all play out over time.
Again, I haven't had any issues with iTunes and music and I like the way it organizes things, but I know people who were throwing fits over the now gone DRM issue or it not being able to read any and all audio file formats. I know it's against the odds but in all this time I don't think I've ever gotten an audio file that wasn't in mp3, wav, or aiff format and I was unable to listen to it.

Another recent WTF is there are video formats that will play on iTunes but not on iPhones or iPads, but of course there are 3rd party apps available that can translate.

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:04 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:

Oh. Wait. I see Gizmodo.com mentions it in passing when reviewing the horrid new Samsung Droid phone. :P

DLNA, indeed.

priceless.
Nope, just your stupid ass has not heard of it.

How about you provide some facts to your argument? If that is not the industry standard what is? Please enlighten us to another standard that has practically every major manufactures support.

Can’t wait for this response…

I think deep down you are just upset your spent $99 on a crap product that does not provide anything a modern standalone TV does. Seriously, what total fucking idiot spends $99 on a useless product then goes on a messageboard to praise it?

This is quite comical...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Digital_Damage wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:

DLNA, indeed.

priceless.
Nope, just your stupid ass has not heard of it.

How about you provide some facts to your argument? If that is not the industry standard what is? Please enlighten us to another standard that has practically every major manufactures support.

Can’t wait for this response…

I think deep down you are just upset your spent $99 on a crap product that does not provide anything a modern standalone TV does. Seriously, what total fucking idiot spends $99 on a useless product then goes on a messageboard to praise it?

This is quite comical...
Hold up there. It's not useless and you probably wouldn't be able to find another box for $99 that does what it does. Also a lot of people probably recently bought a new TV or blu ray player and don't want to fork out money just to add those features to something that otherwise works great.

Not to break up the insult hurling…it's nice to see this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Also if this is the industry standard I hope it's not on par with manufacturers slapping on USB ports that are completely useless as I've experienced on so many TVs and stereos.

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:26 pm

beats me wrote:
Hold up there. It's not useless and you probably wouldn't be able to find another box for $99 that does what it does. Also a lot of people probably recently bought a new TV or blu ray player and don't want to fork out money just to add those features to something that otherwise works great.

Not to break up the insult hurling…it's nice to see this thread hasn't been locked yet.
Twonkey is free, but if you are talking about stand alone uits
You Can buy a new samsung blueray BD-C5500C player for $99 that supports DLNA..., How many blueray disks can Apple TV play?