Some computer performance questions: Mac OS versus Windows

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
distaudio

Re: Some computer performance questions: Mac OS versus Windows

Post by distaudio » Fri May 11, 2012 12:14 am

TBH the only reason I bought a Macbook Pro was the resale value.

I previously was buying a PC laptop every two years and at the end of those 2 years the notebook was worth nothing if I were to sell it on ebay.

Yet with a Macbook Pro (allow with Applecare) after 2 years I can recover a larger sum of my initial investment.

But from a performance point of view I have seen that Windows does have the edge over OSX. But, eh.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:46 am

rikhyray wrote:RME "pro Mac", that is such infantile accusation. Companies like RME are only "pro" their own interests, profits nothing else. I posted the link just to point to something from real life, not just some amateurish tests that are hardly representative and/or of any value. Those infected with Mac fan/hater complex wont get cured through internet fights therapies, pity that normal people (for whom computers of whatever brand are just tools) cant avoid getting exposed to those idiocies.
I'd like to point out the rikhyray's apparent definition of "real life" is to test a 3 year old interface on pre-release drivers using computers that were manufactured approximately 6 years before the tests were performed by a company that is opinionated enough to state the windows could take a page from Apple's book on usb audio...

i highly doubt there are many people here still running Vista or even XP for that matter and running tests using drivers and an interface that hasn't even been released to the public at the time of writing seems a little premature wouldn't you say???

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri May 11, 2012 5:04 am

McQ714 wrote:
rikhyray wrote:RME "pro Mac", that is such infantile accusation. Companies like RME are only "pro" their own interests, profits nothing else. I posted the link just to point to something from real life, not just some amateurish tests that are hardly representative and/or of any value. Those infected with Mac fan/hater complex wont get cured through internet fights therapies, pity that normal people (for whom computers of whatever brand are just tools) cant avoid getting exposed to those idiocies.
I'd like to point out the rikhyray's apparent definition of "real life" is to test a 3 year old interface on pre-release drivers using computers that were manufactured approximately 6 years before the tests were performed by a company that is opinionated enough to state the windows could take a page from Apple's book on usb audio...

i highly doubt there are many people here still running Vista or even XP for that matter and running tests using drivers and an interface that hasn't even been released to the public at the time of writing seems a little premature wouldn't you say???
Again, you're butt-hurt. You came on here years ago spouting off about how much "better" PCs are etc. and RME at that time flatly stated that Microsoft didn't have it's act together in terms of USB support. Like I said then maybe Windows 7 will change that. Honestly both Microsoft and Apple have dropped the ball at times, but one thing is definitely not the case and that would be RME being a Mac centric company. :lol: :lol: It wasn't even considered rumor that RME up until stable Intel versions of OSX hated writing drivers for Apple computers, in fact it took them forever to write Digicheck, their free analysis software for their soundcards for OSX.

People post all kinds of stupid shit on the internet about PCs and Macs, and in the end most "professionals", especially in the audio world, have both in their studios, because in the end it's about making music, not how much you saved on your purchase or how elegant your laptop looks. :roll: