Bitcoin

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: Bitcoin

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:59 pm

There’s some serious tire destroying potholes in the road on my way home. Which party is the party of road maintenance? It’s affecting me directly.

And please let me know before this thread gets locked. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 pm

I didn't say these were exclusive to Libertarians.

Merely wanted to point out that, in addition to a strong desire to completely pollute the environment, Libertarians actually stand for other things as well...

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:22 pm

-
Last edited by TomViolenz on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:29 pm

while you lot have been arguing about who gets to own the slaves a terrible tragedy has befallen the bitcoin community

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi ... story.html

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 pm

-
Last edited by TomViolenz on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Ok then. i'll address what the thread is about now... i called politicians and got them to provide a retort to LSZ's post:

LoopStationZebra wrote:Things Libertarians Believe:

Gay Marraige
The Right wants government to outlaw gay marraige. The Left wants the government to allow and protect gay marriage.
The Libertarians wonder why government is involved in marriage in the first place.
:lol:

because there's money involved.

Free Trade For All - No More WTO, World Bank, NAFTA, etc etc
These organizations were established by the elite ruling economic classes and have done nothing but keep 3rd world countries poor whilst protecting and bolstering wealthy individuals and nations. They are totally and utterly political organizations, and their practices continue to destroy lives.

but.... there's a lot of money involved.

Stop Meddling In The Foreign Affairs of Other Nations
Across the board, this is one of the main platforms of every Libertarian group. Need I say more? FFS. It's the most important tenant of the Lib platform.
do you have any idea how much money this involves

Legalization of Pot / End the so-called 'War on Drugs'
Nuff said. Nearly every Libertarian group supports these two measures.
government... admit being wrong AND lose all that money!! pfft!!!

End Financial Support (esp military) for Israel and Every Other 'friendly' nation
Can't get any clearer than that, really.
religious money!

Drastic Reduction of Military Spending and Complete Withdrawl of US forces from Europe.
What are US troops still doing in Europe? FFS.
keeping the money flowing!

End All Drone Strikes
A drone here, a drone there. Pretty soon we're talking about real lives and money.
yeah... money!

End the embargo on Cuba, re-establish trade and diplomatic ties.
This shit has gone on long enough.
it's our money. Cuba can't have none.

Stop Bank and Corporate Bail Outs
No matter what the circumstance, the federal government in the US should stop bailouts.
but, the money!

Get Rid of the Patriot Act - or at least most provisions
Libertarians see the Patriot Act as one of the most heinous assaults on Liberty since the USA was founded.
some of us made a lot of money from those contracts

Keep the Internet Free From Government Interference
Libertarians feel that any involvement by the government to regulate and police the internet is flat out wrong.
but we have to protect the money! and ummm... the children. yeah

Support of A Patients' Right To Die
Libertarians believe that terminally ill patients should have a right to end their own lives with medical assistance.
our parents don't like this and it was their money that got us into politics... so NO!

Hold CEOs Accountable
Libertarians would end the endless myriad of corporate and LLC protection laws that prevent CEOs and other high ranking corporate leadership from being held personally accountable for massive failures and corruption. Prior to the early 1970s, bank owners and other corp executives (and their personal fortunes) were not so easily protected and immune from civil and criminal action.
:lol: wait, you're serious? but they have so much money. what if we just move them around a little?

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:18 am

@ Tom, yeah sure—the extreme left wants free trade. Can you back that up with an off-topic quote? :roll:

As for the EPA, it's ace!

:arrow: http://m.nationalreview.com/articles/29 ... rio-loyola

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:13 am

-
Last edited by TomViolenz on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:28 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
The main contention was that LSZs rebuttal was missing the point by listing side issues that where not discussed. That one still stands.

My 'rebuttal' was a list of Libertarian issues that would also appeal to many liberals; done so to point out important like-minded thinking. That was intentional. Up until now I haven't had to point that out because I thought it was OBVIOUS.

:lol:

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:37 pm

@ Tom; the merit is there, you just conveniently choose to ignore it. The argument that my example illustrates is that the state has a very poor track record of protecting the environment. The statist (republicans, democrats and hippies) would argue that this sort of abuse is a bug, whereas the libertarian would argue that this is feature of the system, and look to explore free-market solutions. Given that property rights are generally considered to be God in a libertarian utopia, it should be readily apparent to even the dimmest of thinkers which form those solutions could take. It would be bizarre to speculate that a freely acting business would intentionally destroy its own property, and the property of others would be protected from pollution in much the same way as it would be protected from other types of aggression.

Of course, it goes without saying that the statist looses all claim to the moral high ground the second he defends the need for politicians or monopolistic bureaucracy, so if you want to continue this "intellectual" discussion, it will have to be in the realm of practicability.

I wish you the very best of luck :lol:

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Are you fucking kidding me????

This is the thing that real libertarians have to show me/us/ everyone else.

How the hell are we supposed to believe that what you are basically saying is that you don't shit where you eat?

Give me one good concrete example of where, through your own your own interests of god given property rights you have NOT intentionally destroyed your own property in the name of a dollar? Or so others in your so called cause can live better without costing themselves money, cause this is really what it's all about right?

Money

This is the hill you have to climb. CONVINCE an average person that you are really out there not to make a shitloads of money(since when have you heard of a libertarian whom isn't rich :? :( ) and are really out there for the good of everyone involved.

:x
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:37 pm

arctic ranger wrote:since when have you heard of a libertarian whom isn't rich
"who"

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Well, I hope the thread doesn't get locked. I think it's been very civil up until this point. No hard feelings and whatnot.

:)

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:52 pm

As an avid bird watcher, I just searched for "tits and swallows" in Google.

What the hell is wrong with the internet??!