OT: Electribe MX taking over my LIFE

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:49 pm

Two things would make the EMX even better:

Velocity on drums and the ability to load say 20-30 own drum samples.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Michael-SW wrote:Two things would make the EMX even better:

Velocity on drums and the ability to load say 20-30 own drum samples.

Sure, those things would be great... (haven't got that far yet with it to see if you can't add velocity on drum sounds, haven't felt limited by it in that regard yet).

As far as not being able to add samples. Well, it's not a sampler. They sell the Sx version if that's what you need to do. I use Live for adding samples...

I think it's best to look at everything this machine does do. And how well it does it. For what it costs, I would have gladly paid even $800 for it!

glu

Post by glu » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:25 pm

Can you all quick talking about these electribes... PLEEEASSEE!
I am sick and tired of trying to justify NOT getting one. :lol:
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:29 pm

Michael-SW wrote:
rikhyray wrote:Is it possible to run ext audio, like voice through the effects or it is only audio through and no FX ?
BTW after having MX for over a week it took over all the simple drums duties and more, seems to make timing better used as master, it is ideal for live use in so many ways
It is interesting to actually play using touch pad, easy for those who ever played violin or any other fretless instrument.
If you use the oscillator type "external" in a synth part it should take the external audio and run it through the whole chain: Envelopes, filters, effects etc. But you will probably only get audio when that synth part is playing so you have to gate it with a pattern or by pressing the pad.

Haven't tested this though.
I already tried that, still hoped there is better way, but since nobody seems to know will try again, who knows I might come up with something really wicked as byproduct.
I dont think there is anything interesting in ES for the Live owners. The combination of Live and MX is perfect, I could get rid of some drums and percussion tracks, keeping only the ones that do what MX cannot.

illsub1

Post by illsub1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:00 pm

exactly!! It frees up the live tracks for other stuff. Before I was so confused about where my drums should be because I could easily have 6 or more drum tracks and the BCR only controls 8 parts at a time. I don't really want any more than 8 tracks in live for that reason. Now I can use more tracks for on the fly capturing of my trumpet and keys. WMC look out I'ma goin renegade PA!!!!!! I have my EV SXA 360s and will have a sub by then so I should be able to find a hotel to set up in pretty easily. I live here in MIA so I'm gonna start lookin I'll keep ya'll posted so maybe we can get some other Live artists in on it too. It looks like people might be gettin a little tired of the DJs cause I feel a revolution brewin!! Each year there has been more and more live acts at WMC. I had a little epiphany reading the latest remix mag with coldcut mentioning Buckminster Fuller and David Icke. The truth is coming out!! Mind control ain't gonna work no more. Video on demand and the decline of major labels is a testament to that.

Anyways back to our regularly scheduled PROGRAM.... The MX is a very forward thinking box. Rugged as a tank with most of the features I need. No other groovebox comes close. The new MC 808 is just terrible watch the demo on sonic state. 2 knobs!!!! I mean really............. I know the fly faders control the other parameters but thats just a pain in the ass.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:30 pm

It works with the audio in and FX but you have to sacrifice 1 part/track or whatever they call it, max the gate for regular use or do some wild gate settings which is interesting too.