Zebra 2. Oh dear god.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am

noratronika wrote:its says

BUY NOW!
$199

whats this 196 business, 169? :?:
Just click on the link already, and OBSERVE :)

gnapier

Post by gnapier » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:22 pm

noratronika wrote:so let me get this straight, if you are American its $169 if you are Australian its $243.36. Put this transaction through a currency converter and Aussies are paying more than anyone else. Thats not right, what gives?
The $169 was a limited time offer I believe while it was under development. You could have ordered it early for a discount. Now that time is passed and its $199.

No grand conspiracy theories please. Anyone could have ordsered it at that price.

GN

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:42 pm

Urs said in a thread at KvR that he had already changed the link, however, he was giving people till Monday Oct 16, to purchase for $169. I believe if you click on the link it will come up for $169. If not email Urs.

markoos

Post by markoos » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:09 pm

frisbeedisk wrote:if anyone would like a link for this, pm me :wink:
you scummy fucking little cunt

deva

Post by deva » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:54 pm

frankie123 wrote:
Kodama wrote:I could understand if you said freeware is good enough for you & you can make amazing music with it , etc... but I would love to know what you think is so great for $169 that comes close to Zebra2???

8O
isn't it 200? Says so on the site. For 80 bucks more you can get the Motu MX4 which I think sounds better.
I tried the MX4 demo. I would say the basic sound quality with Zebra 2 is better. I sy this because I tried making presets with each using no effects and was much happier with the Zebra results.

http://draigathar.org/zebra/mozart.mp3

Here is a short snippet of a zebra preset I made. No effects in Zebra or 3rd party.

C.S.

Post by C.S. » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:58 pm

deva, is that your work in the Zebra preset bank? If so, really nice stuff.

deva

Post by deva » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:11 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
frankie123 wrote: Yup, got it on my computer right now. Download the MX4 demo, the patches sounds much fuller and Hi quality then zebra 2 patches.
Simple thing really. Urs lets anybody who has expressed interest in Zebra and his other products, and desires to, make presets. Out of the thousand or so, there will inevitably be a large percentage of merely decent ones.

Compare that MX4, and you'll notice that they actually hire people to make their patches.

If you cannot make your own synth patches, and actually believe a simpler synth like MX4 is capable of a wider variety of sounds, sounds better etc. then why not just use romplers?

To me anyway the included presets are just starting points, that's all.

Besides, MX4 has a dongle, Urs is a great guy actually, an interesting an unique person. I feel quite sure that in my world, giving my hard earned cash to somebody who doesn't use an invasive and personally offensive form of copy protection, who offers $20 upgrades to new versions, and free UB's etc. is the better choice.

Exactly, MX4 is a synth that if you just play some presets, sounds quite good. Deeper exploration left me less enthused. Try turning off effects and making some basic sounds. It is nothing special. Fab Filter Twin for example, has some excellent basic sound quality which deserves mention, but not MX4.

MX4 does have the audio in which is cool. Besides that, I think you get much more for your money with Zebra2. Zebra 2 arp is worth noting, and the comb modules add something that MX4 cannot match.

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:12 pm

I´ll try out the demo,
crazy when you look at the dinosaur crossgrade galery! 8O
Trade in an alesis andromeda to save 50 dollars? :roll:
Must be heavy stuff that zebra2.

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

deva

Post by deva » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:13 pm

C.S. wrote:deva, is that your work in the Zebra preset bank? If so, really nice stuff.
yes, and thanks!

Urs

Re: Zebra Rocks...

Post by Urs » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:27 pm

gnapier wrote:...and Urs is great. Totally top-notch dev with an amazing vision.

I think Zebra will get snapped up like Absynth did...who knows maybe even by NI. Truly outstanding piece of kit.

GN
Nope, I have no plans to sell out and absolutely no reason to do this. Instead I have plans to expand.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe the quality of job offers I'm getting every other month, including green card for Cupertino, nice living in Tokyo or a lame flat in Hamburg. But the point of doing what I do is, THIS is the real fun, and to my own surprise it pays off almost like a decent position in any other company. I'm pretty happy with that, and as long as stuff like Filterscape or Zebra finds a market, there's no point in giving up.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:28 pm

serotoninsteve wrote:I´ll try out the demo,
crazy when you look at the dinosaur crossgrade galery! 8O
Trade in an alesis andromeda to save 50 dollars? :roll:
Must be heavy stuff that zebra2.

Greetings
You don't really trade it in though, you just say you're going to if I understand the deal correctly.

dmacintyre

Re: Zebra Rocks...

Post by dmacintyre » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:54 pm

Urs wrote:
gnapier wrote:...and Urs is great. Totally top-notch dev with an amazing vision.

I think Zebra will get snapped up like Absynth did...who knows maybe even by NI. Truly outstanding piece of kit.

GN
Nope, I have no plans to sell out and absolutely no reason to do this. Instead I have plans to expand.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe the quality of job offers I'm getting every other month, including green card for Cupertino, nice living in Tokyo or a lame flat in Hamburg. But the point of doing what I do is, THIS is the real fun, and to my own surprise it pays off almost like a decent position in any other company. I'm pretty happy with that, and as long as stuff like Filterscape or Zebra finds a market, there's no point in giving up.

Cheers,

;) Urs
Exactly why I had no problem in giving you $169 of my money. That and the quality of the product. I hope you become big enough to realise your personal aspirations but not so big you have to compromise on the excellent quality and customer service.

All the best.

David
I invented coffee

kuniklo

Post by kuniklo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:20 pm

I just feel bad that it only cost me $20 measly bucks to upgrade from Zebra 1, when this is such a tremendous upgrade. I feel like I should mail Urs a case of beer or something.

tylenol

Post by tylenol » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:34 pm

noratronika wrote:its says

BUY NOW!
$199

whats this 196 business, 169? :?:
You have to actually click the link. When you get to the shopping cart, it will say $169.

leonard

Post by leonard » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:06 pm

is there no stand alone version?
all i could see on the demo page was AU/vst et. al.
also how would this compare to something like tera3?