You were wrong and I was right.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john doe by choice

Re: You were wrong and I was right.

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 4:56 am

aisling wrote:this thread should be about supporting beats me and not arguing over nonsense.
agreed, the nonsense was originally why I was insulting this thread, not because someone had their house broken into. No one deserves that. Unfortunately, it does happen, which is why I keep a mossberg under my bed.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 12, 2009 5:00 am

aisling wrote:this thread should be about supporting beats me and not arguing over nonsense.
yep.

it's dropped jon, trivial bullshit.

as I'm shaking off the work day the gravity of the situation is hitting me.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 5:05 am

As said:
john doe by choice wrote:Pitch Black wrote:
wires x'ed on teh interweb :lol:

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 5:09 am

Seriously though, Beats, be thankful that these people were people you didn't know...nothing shatters trust like getting robbed by people who are supposed to be your friends, but getting robbed by a dumbass you don't know will make you and your friends closer, and it's far easier to recover from.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Tue May 12, 2009 5:15 am

Or, it was a self fulfilling prophesy. All the internet juju from the original post was channeling a storm. They were innocent until the Ableton forumites possessed them. Nah, probably not. Good luck Beats. Maybe it's just a sign to move, a new direction.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 am

You need to stay in contact with the police and demand to know what's going on with these people and what the police can do to ensure your safety - the answer is usually "very little," which is why: At the very least make your concerns known, that way if something does happen and the cops could have done something there will be a record that you voiced concerns.

I will also add that while home defense is not for everyone, it sure does offer me peace of mind.
Unsound Designer

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 5:23 am

Yeah, my girlfriend wasn't exactly hip to the mossberg at first, but I don't sit at the dinner table with it, so she's chilled out considerably. Out of sight out of mind with that thing, at least for her, and I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 12, 2009 5:29 am

how did they get in?

AFAIK many home burglaries are from people going around randomly trying doors.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue May 12, 2009 5:32 am

john doe by choice wrote:Yeah, my girlfriend wasn't exactly hip to the mossberg at first, but I don't sit at the dinner table with it, so she's chilled out considerably. Out of sight out of mind with that thing, at least for her, and I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
And a Mossberg is really the best for home defense. Using a handgun in the dark with adrenaline and nerves in play can be a bad combo even if you know how to shoot.
Unsound Designer

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 6:01 am

stringtapper wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:Yeah, my girlfriend wasn't exactly hip to the mossberg at first, but I don't sit at the dinner table with it, so she's chilled out considerably. Out of sight out of mind with that thing, at least for her, and I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
And a Mossberg is really the best for home defense. Using a handgun in the dark with adrenaline and nerves in play can be a bad combo even if you know how to shoot.
Yeah, I wish it were a little shorter, but I'm not interested in a felony beef over home protection. Besides, I don't care who you are, the business end of a shotgun induces pant-shitting, post-haste.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 am

Get some of these for your doors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMITH--&--WESSON,-- ... 03002r2666

Get a dog?

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 am

john doe by choice wrote:.

I don't care who you are, the business end of a shotgun induces pant-shitting, post-haste.
:lol: :lol: :lol: that was funny

have you seen this recent tragedy....
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20 ... /905101123
I bet they were tweakers all spun and paranoid, probably thought the 7 year old was gonna rob em.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 6:39 am

aisling wrote: tweakers all spun and paranoid, probably thought the 7 year old was gonna rob em.
The file photo on the culprits would back your statement there:

Article states:

"Sheila Muhs fired a 12-gauge shotgun once, then handed it to her husband, who also fired once."

Obviously, being totally fucked in ones head, along with being a criminal, is not limited to listeners of gangsta rap; Gayle looks like he'd eat a dead rat's anus for a line of crank.

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue May 12, 2009 6:43 am

john doe by choice wrote: Gayle looks like he'd eat a dead rat's anus for a line of crank.
:lol: :lol: :lol: your pretty snappy with the humor, that was quite funny also!
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 6:52 am

I've got white trash ridicule down pat, sir, having been an unwilling citizen of Oklahoma for a few years (imprisoned by my parents and not the penal system, mind you)
Last edited by john doe by choice on Tue May 12, 2009 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.