iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 pm

shadx312 wrote:No, I mean as in running like a fast netbook that can play hi-def games and media, not lag or twitch or glitch and also run for 8 hours.
Also the only crashing I can remember that has a hgappened a couple times is with Chrome on a couple websites that may not have a mobile version, while apps in ios can be a crap shoot.

WHAT?!? :x I have an irresponsible amount of iOS apps and its extremely rare that they have crashed.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Ok well it may have to with me running ios6 :lol:
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 pm

I’m going to have excitement giggle fits when I’m entering my credit card info for Apple Pay. :)

And then I’ll never actually use it. :x

And since it makes virtual pictures of your credit cards I guess skeuomorphism isn’t entirely dead at Apple. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Just read the only difference between the previous iPad mini and the new one is Touch ID. Literally that is it. They are charging $100 more just for that AND still selling the previous version for $100 less. 8O

BALLS: Apple has them.

:x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:42 am

I think the camera is different too, but yeah, it's not the model to get this time around.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Tarekith wrote:I think the camera is different too

I was at my aunt’s earlier this week and my mom was taking a picture of something with her iPhone. My aunt asked my mom if she would like to use her iPad instead because it takes bigger pictures. :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:31 pm

The new iTunes. :?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:36 pm

beats me wrote:
shadx312 wrote:But hey that 160$ chinese octo-core phablet has been running like a champ so I don't feel like I'm really missing out anyway /smugface
With no user experience of Android, iOS is all about the app ecosystem and deep integration with all things Apple. If you’re saying your phone makes calls, texts, gets email, and browses the web like a champ, well, every fucking phone should at this point and that isn’t exactly a bragging point.

Still good to hear you are enjoying your new phone. :)
I realised that there are very few apps I really use on my phone, its only a musicplayer, googlemaps/streetview , email, browser, camera, and possibly a bit of light facebook messenger. Everything else is redundant while I'm mobile. I'm certainly not making a tune on my phone in a cafe, and if I'm trapped on a plane I'll have my iPad. I also realised the only "connectivity" feature I use is sending photos to my TV. The apple solution requires my appletv and my TV, the android version only requires my TV. Of course, my music could be on any phone.
Hmmm.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:50 pm

beats me wrote:The new iTunes. :?
Wait til you see the new Safari, it looks like the old iTunes. :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Angstrom wrote:
beats me wrote:
shadx312 wrote:But hey that 160$ chinese octo-core phablet has been running like a champ so I don't feel like I'm really missing out anyway /smugface
With no user experience of Android, iOS is all about the app ecosystem and deep integration with all things Apple. If you’re saying your phone makes calls, texts, gets email, and browses the web like a champ, well, every fucking phone should at this point and that isn’t exactly a bragging point.

Still good to hear you are enjoying your new phone. :)
I realised that there are very few apps I really use on my phone, its only a musicplayer, googlemaps/streetview , email, browser, camera, and possibly a bit of light facebook messenger. Everything else is redundant while I'm mobile. I'm certainly not making a tune on my phone in a cafe, and if I'm trapped on a plane I'll have my iPad. I also realised the only "connectivity" feature I use is sending photos to my TV. The apple solution requires my appletv and my TV, the android version only requires my TV. Of course, my music could be on any phone.
Hmmm.

I’m not arguing against that and people should certainly use what works best for them. I’m just saying there is some snobbery (not from anybody on here) from people who don’t get that some people like their iPhones for Apple ecosystem specific reasons, features and apps they couldn’t use with an alternative OS. They think people just throw money at Apple as a sign of elitism and nothing beyond that.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:14 pm

that's because Apple won't let you leave without a fight. everyone one else is drag and drop and plug n play.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:26 pm

H20nly wrote:that's because Apple won't let you leave without a fight. everyone one else is drag and drop and plug n play.
Seriously, bro, I don’t have a problem if that is of interest or a priority for other people. Personally I don’t have an issue with the way Apple “syncs” and locks in and other people shouldn’t have a problem with that or think I’m technologically inept because of it. I like the fact that there are just some things I don't have to think about or micromanage because that isn't of interest to me.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:32 pm

beats me wrote: I’m not arguing against that and people should certainly use what works best for them. I’m just saying there is some snobbery (not from anybody on here) from people who don’t get that some people like their iPhones for Apple ecosystem specific reasons, features and apps they couldn’t use with an alternative OS. They think people just throw money at Apple as a sign of elitism and nothing beyond that.

There are definite benefits if you are happy with having all your gadgets be from the same ecosystem, I'm just too idiosyncratic in my choices. I use mediamonkey to handle my music, I use a desktop PC, a Samsung TV, I have a few apple bits and bobs which can talk to each other, but everything else chats together fine! That seems odd to me.

On the flipside my GF is probably a standard Apple user. She's only ever owned apple laptops, from her mid90s powerbook, - and now owns an iMac, iPad, iPhone, and has never once linked one of them with our apple TV, and never sent any music to the wireless speakers in the kitchen. She has never (knowingly) used the icloud. Her method of getting a video onto the main TV is asking me to stream it from my PC over DLNA
She has a post grad in Digital media.

Apple's supposed selling point is inter-connectivity, so why does she, their supposed archetypal consumer, not use it?
:? :?:

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Woot, just ordered the new Air, I'll be happy to get my iOS music making apps back again

Only Apple products in our house these days, and we use things like Air Drop and Apple TV streaming constantly. No brainer back ups and having everything synced across all my devices is the biggest reason I like keeping it all in one family. That and high resale value if you time it right, staying up to date is a lot cheaper than people realize.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Angstrom wrote:On the flipside my GF is probably a standard Apple user. She's only ever owned apple laptops, from her mid90s powerbook, - and now owns an iMac, iPad, iPhone, and has never once linked one of them with our apple TV, and never sent any music to the wireless speakers in the kitchen. She has never (knowingly) used the icloud. Her method of getting a video onto the main TV is asking me to stream it from my PC over DLNA
She has a post grad in Digital media.

Apple's supposed selling point is inter-connectivity, so why does she, their supposed archetypal consumer, not use it?
:? :?:
:)

I think all technology has options that people either aren’t aware of or don’t use even when it makes sense. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve watched a long youtube video on my iPad in bed when I could easily AirPlay it to my Apple TV and watch it on the big screen.