Ableton Live 10

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yur2die4

Re: Ableton Live 10

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Stromkraft wrote:Of course, most of these should come in Live 9.2 or so.
Yes. This is what I'm agreeing with. A lot of requests that people expect are either outside of the Live paradigm, really specific for their personal use only, or small things which should not require a new version.

We do not know what Ableton has on the table for a version 10. I'm sure that they wouldn't waste a new version on things which don't dramatically change the face of the program.

The ability to edit multiple clips at once would be pretty cool feature. ...in Live 10 :P

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:29 pm

For Live 10 I predict:

Upgraded and completely new Push 2.0 with new functions and perfect integration into Live 10

In Live 10 Suite, upgraded AAS instruments (Tension, Analog, Collision, etc.). A Logical step since AAS just upgraded the VSTs the plug-in DSP is based on.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
TheNobleNemesis wrote:What major features do you guys think will be (and want to be) implemented in Ableton Live 10?
  • Ability to see and edit several clips at once, also in session mode
  • Ability to edit several grouped clips as if they were one
  • Push support for Drum rack mixer
    [

Of course, most of these should come in Live 9.2 or so.
I often need to do those. Would make things so much quicker

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:08 pm

I'd just like imported REX files' tempo metadata to be respected.

(Radio-friendly version)

SpeedKing

Post by SpeedKing » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:45 pm

For me it would be:

1) Session View Comping
2) Musical staff composing for MIDI

Aaaaand that's it. For me, those would be absolute gamechangers. Editing highly layered MIDI arrangements in ONE musical staff, with different instruments color coded would pretty much end any discussion about "which DAW is better" for me for the next 20 years. If Ableton could do these two things, for what I do and my workflow, it would literally be a "perfect" DAW.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:00 pm

SpeedKing wrote:For me it would be:

1) Session View Comping
2) Musical staff composing for MIDI

Aaaaand that's it. For me, those would be absolute gamechangers. Editing highly layered MIDI arrangements in ONE musical staff, with different instruments color coded would pretty much end any discussion about "which DAW is better" for me for the next 20 years. If Ableton could do these two things, for what I do and my workflow, it would literally be a "perfect" DAW.
Now that you mention it, I would love that, or any such layering of MIDI editing different instruments, colour-coded and all.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:04 pm

I always see people talking about how they want proper PDC but in order to have proper PDC the audio would have to stop every time you load a plugin in order to adjust the PDC. If you look at DAW's like Cubase which have proper PDC every time you load a new plugin the audio cuts out until it is adjusted. I'm guessing that they haven't done anything with PDC because they want to have a seamless audio engine for "live" performance purposes.

One idea would be to allow people to turn it on or off depending on if they are performing or producing where audio cutting out wouldn't matter vs live performance where it does matter.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

SLEEarts

Post by SLEEarts » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

More than anything, I would like to see a system developed for collaborations over the internet.

SLEEarts

Post by SLEEarts » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:27 pm

Also, please let me comp takes!

daddytang

Post by daddytang » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm

how about saving multiple midi clips as a single file and mp3 export in addition to everything mentioned here.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 pm

daddytang wrote:how about saving multiple midi clips as a single file and mp3 export in addition to everything mentioned here.
Yes, to the first. The second is so easy to do outside of Live so I fail to see the point. I just automated the creation (On Mac) and create multiple quality 16bit MP3s, ALAC and AIFF when I add the 24bit non dithered export to my publish folder.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
TheNobleNemesis wrote:What major features do you guys think will be (and want to be) implemented in Ableton Live 10?
  • Support for graphics card calculations. There're already some plug-ins that supports this.
  • Ability to steer Audio to MIDI Drums to your instruments of choice including the voice selection
Since Ableton made clear they are not that interested in calculating real-time audio in the graphics cards. Lack of widely adopted industry standards is what I suppose is behind that. Considering the hardware boxes of Waves and UAD some acceleration hardware would seem natural.

Possibly you can already use your own preset for Audio to MIDI. I haven't tried that yet.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:52 pm

SLEEarts wrote:More than anything, I would like to see a system developed for collaborations over the internet.
Real time you mean? Because there is already Splice.
Make some music!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Didn't expect anything, still disappointed.

theinfinate

Post by theinfinate » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Have the clip midi note editor detachable as to have it in another screen.
Have an option to play from different parts of clips in session view and have all tracks play from corresponding part (so we can work on a part at the end of a clip without having to play from start just to hear it)
I nearly switched to bitwig because of how these things help the workflow
Have audio overdub so we don't have to use the stupid looper, this would be a breakthrough for live looping!
Have midi overdub in arrangement view work the same as session view. I just want to visually see the notes i'm adding in the midi editor in relevance to the existing notes.
Push should do more in arrangement mode, maybe have access to step editor (haven't thought too much about this but as soon as i take things to the arrangement mode, push becomes rather obsolete