NI Komplete Kontrol

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Airyck

Re: NI Komplete Kontrol

Post by Airyck » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Just got an email with a license for the Komplete Kontrol Software as an owner of Komplete 9 Ultimate. Guess I'll give it a go after work today.

I think it would be cool to have a little preset selector box. Just a little box as small as a mouse with a couple of knobs, buttons, and display for selecting presets... nothing else.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Airyck wrote:Just got an email with a license for the Komplete Kontrol Software as an owner of Komplete 9 Ultimate. Guess I'll give it a go after work today.

I think it would be cool to have a little preset selector box. Just a little box as small as a mouse with a couple of knobs, buttons, and display for selecting presets... nothing else.

Hmm. Got that too and was about to delete it because I don’t have the controller and thought that is all its for. Good thing I read your post because it’s for the software that’s all things NI in a single interface. Sweet.

I wonder if they are going to offer it for sale for people who don’t own Komplete. More importantly I wonder if you have something like a Novation controller with displays you’ll be able to see and do everything that the NI keyboard can do. 8O

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:19 pm

Yeah, would be nice if it worked to some extent with other controllers. Guess we'll just have to see once we get it all installed... couple more hours of work to go :lol:
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Downloading now. Hopefully it imparts some of the functionality of Kore in a good way. :)
TomViolenz wrote:
sporkles wrote: I get it - I really do: to you, a company like U-He can only be deemed successful if they make a hardware controller for Zebra and hire a couple of hundred people - even though a tiny team of developers is doing this very well as it is. I just don't see any point in carrying on this discussion.
To me his argument reads the other way around.
A big company like NI needs a different and more reliable income structure, while small companies, through self exploitation and greater flexibility get away with doing software only. (It would probably also be very difficult for a small outfit like U-He to contract out the sort of construction and assembly that a controller would need.)

I think his argument makes sense, and that you and Machinesworking are misunderstanding it (on purpose?!)
He stated an absolute and added the whole larger company part later when it fell flat. I really comes down to whether you're OK with an enclosed business model (dedicated hardware that works best with your software) or not. I'm no hater of NI, I've owned Komplete since v2, but I'm not going to say I like the current model much, the fact is that NI like a lot of software companies makes mistakes, and only time will tell whether or not this is one of them. We're just spinning our wheels in speculation really.

I could easily after playing with the software part come back gushing about the new paradigm, I'm not married to my opinions! :x

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 pm

I installed it and am working with it as a vst in Live. (I also own Maschine, so it is primarily just the browser), but is very nice for Komplete instruments...)

That said, I own Komplete 9, and KK also lists the presets for K10, so you get an annoying message saying the K10 preset cannot be found if you click on one of those ....

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:50 pm

Buleriachk wrote:I installed it and am working with it as a vst in Live. (I also own Maschine, so it is primarily just the browser), but is very nice for Komplete instruments...)

That said, I own Komplete 9, and KK also lists the presets for K10, so you get an annoying message saying the K10 preset cannot be found if you click on one of those ....
:x

I have K9U and don’t really see a point in upgrading to K10U, but we’ll see how I feel in the moment of the holiday 50% off upgrade sale. But even without that there are some K9U things I didn’t install because I don’t have that much drive space (who does?) for things I probably won’t use.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:27 am

isham wrote:Sorry if this point was already raised (I've tried to read all posts ): what about ableton releasing a keyboard based on Push functionalities and even better than Kontrol s serie ?
:mrgreen:
Very possible, something in the league of Nectar Panorama would be cool.
beats me wrote:I have K9U and don’t really see a point in upgrading to K10U
I'm only interested with Molekular and Kontour for now.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:49 am

Been messing with it. Sticking to my guns on this one. While the chord function is cool, and it's basically free, I don't think it's that great. The list of categories for finding a sound is small and seemingly random IMO. maybe with the mapping that the dedicated controllers give, but even then.... For those of us that own more than NI plug ins, that use Automap and Abletons own mapping system, it's not going to do much besides clutter up your system. It is essentially half ass Kore. :x

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:49 am

Looks like my problem is between Maschine 2.1.2 and the updated version of Reaktor (and/or the installation of Komplete Kontrol).

Reaktor 5 and its children (Monark, Prism, etc..) run fine standalone, vst and in KK, except that Maschine 2.1.2 can't find any of the presets in its browser (get the message cannot load plugin).

(The effects for Reaktor and Prism are still recognized in the Maschine browser, however.)

Nor sure what is going on yet..... So Komplete looks ok, but it looks like something is screwed up with Maschine vs Reaktor....
Last edited by Buleriachk on Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:23 am

Buleriachk wrote:I installed it and am working with it as a vst in Live. (I also own Maschine, so it is primarily just the browser), but is very nice for Komplete instruments...)

I was afraid of that.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:37 am

Buleriachk wrote: That said, I own Komplete 9, and KK also lists the presets for K10, so you get an annoying message saying the K10 preset cannot be found if you click on one of those ....
I was wrong about this; Now I think it is strictly a Reaktor 5 vs. Maschine 2.1.2 issue....

Sional

Post by Sional » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:48 am

Buleriachk wrote:Looks like my problem is between Maschine 2.1.2 and the updated version of Reaktor (and/or the installation of Komplete Kontrol).

Reaktor 5 and its children (Monark, Prism, etc..) run fine standalone, vst and in KK, except that Maschine 2.1.2 can't find any of the presets in its browser (get the message cannot load plugin).

(The effects for Reaktor and Prism are still recognized in the Maschine browser, however.)

Nor sure what is going on yet..... So Komplete looks ok, but it looks like something is screwed up with Maschine vs Reaktor....
I had this exact problem which I cured by rescanning the Plug Ins (note - not the library paths).

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Turned out it was a Maschine issue. I reinstalled 2.0, upodated to 2.1.2, and everything works again...

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Installed it yesterday (along with about a dozen NI updates :x ), haven’t used it yet. While I was in the neighborhood I also freed up about 100G of drive space by deleting a bunch of folders linked to Kontakt 2 – 4. NI and their ever changing/refining file structure. :x

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:39 am

beats me wrote: But the price is way too steep for what is currently there.
If these are very playable quality Keys I disagree they are too expensive. I'm willing to pay for quality. If they're just so and so from a playability standpoint , then they are indeed expensive and more importantly very uninteresting.

AudioModder was more interesting for me than what NI offers in their new software. I don't see anything in 10 that makes me want it right now.
Make some music!