** solution to the moderation issue ** - firefox required

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:34 am

Tone Deft wrote:
nebulae wrote:TD, you're such an absolute moron shit -sandwich

(just had to try it...people from the east coast come up with the best put-downs)
is there a size limit to the ignore script file? mine's filling up fast. :P

So, August 5th is Independence Day?
It's august 6th here which is Hiroshima day

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:40 am

forge wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:Just funny to me, that's all....

i couldn't imagine the boredom of such a "paradise"

.lm.
dont worry lm, we could never live without your deeply cynical, nihilistic world view to ground us

I pretty much agree with you - but there are one or two who's life mission is to play the shit midas and turn everything they touch into misery

those are the ones I can live without

most of the shit stirrers are funny and I get a good laugh off them

I will never, ever block EvilEvilEvil

the cool thing is Europe still sleeps - so far we have yet to see their reaction to all this.....

I think I'll still keep logging in on my other browser just to see some of the reactions

oh the pathos of solitary swearing into the wind while no-one is there to listen...... :lol:

Evils my savior -

Europe can stay half asleep

LM, it's easy to say one thing but it's hard to do another - I'd say I've done pretty well staying out of harms way...I don't respond to certain people or their posts - but that doesn't mean they don't get read

and when I see people doing the same shit they do to me as they do to other people it just turns me off to the boards

but now - I never have to think about that ever again - it really is a big weight lifted off my internet browsing

not to mention, some of the more vocal political analysis I don't have to read anymore - I don't particularly like george bush, but I'm sick of hearing about how lame he is - and I could really live without hearing about Iraq or Iran <-- not that I don't care, but it gets old

the good news is, people don't have to read posts about South Park anymore, they don't have to see my retarded threads about T-Pain or Plies, or even hear about how great my life of leisure is

it works both ways no one wins, no one looses

the forum will have a large divide in the months to come but hey...at least some cool people will stick around and maybe the loudest of loud shit talkers will finally shut the f up now that no one is listening (AT ALL)

I love it

thanks again Neb, Forge and Angstrom

peace

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:05 am

forge wrote:the cool thing is Europe still sleeps - so far we have yet to see their reaction to all this.....
This thread's been up for over 24 hours at this point....

I doubt I will bother with this myself, but I do have to say it's pretty cool and will be well received by those who've been wanting an ignore button or something similar.

Personally I think the worst of the worst (ie. TITBAG, et al.) are all one single person with multiple logins, and I've a strong suspicion who it is, but I'll keep that to myself.

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:11 am

smutek wrote:
forge wrote:the cool thing is Europe still sleeps - so far we have yet to see their reaction to all this.....
This thread's been up for over 24 hours at this point....

I doubt I will bother with this myself, but I do have to say it's pretty cool and will be well received by those who've been wanting an ignore button or something similar.

Personally I think the worst of the worst (ie. TITBAG, et al.) are all one single person with multiple logins, and I've a strong suspicion who it is, but I'll keep that to myself.
sunday's usually quiet on the forum though

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:20 am

Yeah - was just thinking the same. Plus lots of cats browse the forums from work and what not, so tomorrow (or later today) there should be a bit more reaction.

I'm tempted to try it out myself, just for the hell of it, but truth be told not too many people here bother me like that.

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:24 am

smutek wrote:Yeah - was just thinking the same. Plus lots of cats browse the forums from work and what not, so tomorrow (or later today) there should be a bit more reaction.

I'm tempted to try it out myself, just for the hell of it, but truth be told not too many people here bother me like that.
same really - there have just been a couple of times I've wished I had an ignore button

DJ']GuntKobbl3r

Post by DJ']GuntKobbl3r » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:50 am

I was told I could find some plump ladyboys in here ?
I'm recording a new polka-noisecore album and I need some ladyboy squeels & shrieks for an epic build up for the first track ,,, PM if you've got the pickles

ableton rulezzz :twisted:

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:08 am

ahem
Last edited by forge on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJ']GuntKobbl3r

Post by DJ']GuntKobbl3r » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:09 am

nebulae wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: omfg
OMG
you two would be perfect!
so are you pre-op ? ...pre-ops will do so long as they're taking hormones...

anyways, TD if you wouldnt mind squeeling 'omfg' into a mic, and neb if you shriek out an 'OMG' ... I can get this track finished in time for breakfast!

anyone else into polka ?
ableton rulezzz for polka!
:P

DJ']GuntKobbl3r

Post by DJ']GuntKobbl3r » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:37 am

The javascript thingy is interesting - but it doesnt work on me for some reason!

I guess if you dont want to hear about polka you may not be so lucky cuz i LOVE polka! and talking about polka!

:lol:

Hope you fix your script soon! It certainly got the ladyboys in a tizzy, seems a shame to let them down! if you get the spare time could the genius programmer who wrote that script help me make an ableton set which makes hardcore/polka-noisecore breaks automatically ?
:)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:55 am

forge wrote:ahem
got it sussed, thanks for the beta test, troll.

PM myself, forge or nebulae for the answer.

until then, this is a great example of what an ignore feature would do for the forum.

thanks again. :D

edit - spelling
Last edited by Tone Deft on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:15 am

Tone Deft wrote:
forge wrote:ahem
got it sussed, thanks for the beta test, troll.

PM myself, forge or nebulae for the answer. if you don't 'know' the poster don't tell them, the troll has alternate nicks.

until then, this is a great example of what an ignore feature would do for the forum.

thanks again. :D
Nice work, TD! Blue skies again...

DJ']GuntKobbl3r

Post by DJ']GuntKobbl3r » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:19 am

breakfast is looming and no sign of those wavs, I guess you arent ready for the big time!
:)

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:35 am

Tone Deft wrote: until then, this is a great example of what an ignore feature would do for the forum.
I would say this discovery has almost guaranteed there will never be an official ignore button now

Abe loves this kind of community driven stuff and also doesnt want to get involved in changing "dead technology" like this forum - this is a happy solution for them

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:18 pm

I love this thing - It was like waking up in a new neighborhood - a much more quiet neighborhood...like we finally moved out of the ghetto

the first thing you notice is actually how quiet it is

bump this one !!!!!!

later g money <-- you can take tha playa out tha game but you can't take tha game out that playa

no, wait, you can take tha playa out the hood but you can't take tha hood out tha playa

truly yours,

Adonis

*edited because I spelt the wrong, with an E, not an A tha, not the
Ableton | Elektron

Music