HOW TO ?: REWIRE LOGIC PRO IN LIVE 7

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chib

HOW TO ?: REWIRE LOGIC PRO IN LIVE 7

Post by chib » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me precisely how to do that please ?

Thanks.

EP

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:47 pm

You can't rewire Logic to Live only Live to Logic. There is a slightly convoluted way to get Logic sounds into Live if you need.
MBP 2.5ghz 4gb + Live 8.2.1 (Suite)

chib

Post by chib » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Ok, thanks, so you just can record the audio from logic in Live or you can do better ?

Thanks for your tips.

Dunno why logic refuse to be slaved?

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Logic is designed to be a host & not a slave whereas Live can be both, but not with Logic unles you do some routing with other programs. Here is one thread here that alludes to using soundflower & IAC, which I have not used:
<http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ments+live>

Maybe with someone with more experience with soundflower can chime in with the set-up....?

But here is what I do on occasions (as I prefer to work a lot in Live when I have the basic structure rewire into Logic).....
Alternatively you can use JackPilot (free program to download). Read through the accompanying info to get your head around how to use it & set it up. Once you have it installed you will need to have it up & running. Then open Live first then Logic. Make sure your audio preferences are set to be running Jack & your input in Live is set to receive on the right audio channel. In Jack make sure you are routing Logic into Live.

Hope this helps?

resonatorman

Post by resonatorman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:24 pm