UC-33e Mouseless Navigation Templates - Now with Demo Video!

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Patch

UC-33e Mouseless Navigation Templates - Now with Demo Video!

Post by Patch » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:12 pm

***Video Updated - Now includes the DJ Patch Theme Tune! ;-)***

CLICK HERE to watch the updated 2-Channel Template Demo Video

I've created 2 Live Templates for use with the UC-33e. All of my templates will come with a copy of the Bomes MT Player Template, which allows you to run Bomes Scripts with the Bomes MT Player. (Available HERE FOR FREE)
The UC-33e can prove tricky for some users right out of the box when used with Live (the midi info sent by the unit needs to be altered before Live will recognise functions like button presses). These templates modify the controller so that Factory Preset 1 is immediately available for use in Live. NO SWITCHING BETWEEN TEMPLATES IS NECESSARY!!! All the functionality is from Preset 1 - you'll never need to change a preset mid-set!

All templates are £10. Updates are FREE. Once you have bought a template, you will recieve all future Templates as they become available.

4-Channel Template incl. 24 Slot Sampler
The 4-Channel Template has 3 DJ-Channels (3 "Decks") and a 4th Channel that contains 4x6 slot samplers (all samples are triggerable from the UC-33e numpad). Designed with mixing Techno/House/Tarnce, etc, etc... in mind.
This is based on Factory Preset 1 on the UC-33e. No editing of the hardware is necessary.
All decks and samplers have a full DJ effects section, all controlable/selectable by the rotaries on the UC-33e.
BUT - the best bit is the mouseless navigation. This uses ONLY 5 buttons on the UC-33e, and with it you can navigate around the Session View (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT), open the browser, load a clip into the session view, and close the browser.
UPDATE: This now comes with a Bomes MT Player Template! Everyone with a UC-33e can now have mouseless navigation without owning Bomes! (Everything you need to use my templates comes packed in the .zip file)
This is the first template I've made available - so there will be updates to it.

Live Template (2off. 1 includes samples in all slots, the other is left empty fr your own samples.
Bomes MT Player TemplateMakes Mouseless Navigation Possible.
All Documentation An in depth help file that describes EXACTLY how to use the template. Also includes a few sneaky tricks/techniques... Shhhh... Don't tell anyone. ;-)
UC-33e Overlay A .PDF file that you can print off and cut out and overlay on your UC-33e.
Bomes MT PlayerThe FREE Player for the Bomes Template
MidiYoke The FREE virtual midi cable for PC

Did I mention LIVE LOOPING/LOOPING ON THE FLY from the UC-33e?

NOW AVAILABLE
2-Channel Glitch Template incl. SupaFadez!

CLICK HERE to watch the 2-Channel Template Demo Video

The 2-Channel Template is BAD-ASS. It has 2-DJ Channels, a Send Channel, and a SUPAFADEZ channel. It also includes some of the best free VTS available for DJ's. This was designed with mixing Hip-Hop/Drum n' Bass/Breakbeat, etc, etc... in mind. I LOVE THIS TEMPLATE! Wicked for mashing/chopping n' screwing/remixing on the fly, etc, etc...
Free if you've already bought the 4-Channel Template - £10 if you haven't.

This template rules. It includes:

-Mouseless Navigation
-Mouseless Browsing/Loading of tracks
-SupaFadez Channel
-The BEST DJ VSTs
-Some Un-mapped controllers (following requests from users - great if you plan to personalise the template)
-Full DJ effects Rack on each channel
-Full Send FX Rack
-Live Looping/On the Fly Looping
-Simulated Deck Stops/Wind downs/Rewinds (great for Hip-Hop)

.Zip file includes:

Live Template
Bomes MT Player Template Makes Mouseless Navigation Possible.
All Documentation An in depth help file that describes EXACTLY how to use the template, including info on SupaFadez and how to best use the included VSTs. One user called it "Idiot Proof!" ;-) Also includes a few sneaky tricks/techniques... Shhhh... Don't tell anyone. ;-)
UC-33e Overlay A .PDF file that you can print off and cut out and overlay on your UC-33e.
Bomes MT Player The FREE Player for the Bomes Template
MidiYoke The FREE virtual midi cable for PC
All necessary VSTs That's right. All the best DJ VTSs are included in the .zip file!

Thanks to everyone that has already bought Templates. Your enthusiasm has kept me interested and will ensure that I keep making dope templates. And to those thathave already bought, all updates are and will continue to be FREE.

PM me if you are interested.
Last edited by Patch on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Patch

Post by Patch » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:06 pm

UPDATE: Now comes with Bomes MT Player Template. No need to own Bomes MT in order to use the template!

Patch

Post by Patch » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

UPDATE: 2-Channel Template now available.

2-Channel Glitch Template incl. SupaFadez!
The 2-Channel Template is BAD-ASS. It has 2-DJ Channels, a Send Channel, and a SUPAFADEZ channel. It also includes some of the best free VTS available for DJ's. This was designed with mixing Hip-Hop/Drum n' Bass/Breakbeat, etc, etc... in mind. I LOVE THIS TEMPLATE! Wicked for mashing/chopping n' screwing/remixing on the fly, etc, etc...
Free if you've already bought the 4-Channel Template - £10 if you haven't.

Patch

Post by Patch » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:09 pm

Demo video now added to original post. Audio starts about 1/4 of the way in and includes a demo of SupaFadez.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:10 am

patch, this is really awesome!

I love the tunes you are playing as well. We're can i hit some of that stuff?

Someday i'll be a DJ.... not just an underpaid guitar player.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Patch

Post by Patch » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Hey Jekblad - glad you like it! The tracks are:

Run-DMC - Down with the King (All time Hipitty-Hop CLASSIC!)
The Electrons - Get Up
Lords of the Underground - Funky Child (Instrumental)
Ugly Duckling - The Breakdown

None of that should be too hard to find... Ugly Duckling's first album (Journey to Anywhere) is an absolute CLASSIC - track it down and enjoy!

Patch

Post by Patch » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:36 pm

***Video Updated - Now Includes the DJ Patch Theme Tune***

:wink:

CLICK HERE to watch the updated 2-Channel Template Demo Video

Patch

Re: UC-33e Mouseless Navigation Templates - Now with Demo Video!

Post by Patch » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm thinking of putting together some new templates for Live 8. I just wanna gauge the interest around here. I'd be looking to make 3 or 4 new templates, with different templates suited to specific genres of music.

If anybody has any suggestions, leave them here. I'd like to see ideas for:

- Genres to cover (House/Electro/Techno/Breacks, etc, etc...)
- Effects type to include for that genre
- Any extra mouseless functionality (waveform zoom, for example)

I'd love to make a template that uses the Lucifer 2 VST - would anyone be interested in a template that allowed use of Lucifer 2 (either on the master, or on separate channels) with the keypad of the UC-33e controlling specific parameters? Obviously, you'd have to won the Lucifer 2 VST in order to use the template.
ALSO - the new templates will (hopefully!) include SOFT-TAKEOVER for the presets on the UC-33e...

Thanks to everyone that has bought templates so far. Hope you're all enjoying the 3 templates that are alredy out there.

Cheers,
-Pat.

[EDIT: I'm out of the country for a week starting tomorrow - any PMs will be answered when I return (tanned, and hung-over!)]

innerfuze

Post by innerfuze » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 pm

DJPatchUK... i've got to say, you have sincerely created a HUGE winner with these templates.

anyone who owns a UC33e MUST take notice... these templates transcend the controllers usage into a full on creativity suite, making the best of ableton's features and functionality.

we all know warping takes the guesswork out of mixing... and with that, frees us up as DJs to expose the create potential of ableton to tweak, retweak, destroy and then repair, simply do just about anything to our tracks....

what you have created has opened a new door for me... your template was good on it's own, but with my own personal modifications, it's now a perfect extension of my mind, all controlled from the UC33e... no mouse, no keyboard, nothing but pots, faders and buttons.

cheers mate. you really nailed it.

THANK YOU!
http://www.innerfuze.com
http://www.verminstreet.com

IDMCore3 series now out on iTunes, Amazon, Digital-Tunes and Juno. Search for innerfuze and you've found it.

moogly

Post by moogly » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 am

Hey,

Ive just got this and was wondering if any one has it running on a mac?

If so what little tweaks are needed to get it going??

Cheers.

Oli

innerfuze

Post by innerfuze » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:21 am

moogly wrote:Hey,

Ive just got this and was wondering if any one has it running on a mac?

If so what little tweaks are needed to get it going??

Cheers.

Oli
Bome's MIDI player runs on MAC, so provided you follow the instructions properly, there should be no issues.

you can ask me any questions, if you like, or the master himself, DJ Patch.

cheers,
eric

IDMCore3 series now out on iTunes, Amazon, Digital-Tunes and Juno. Search for innerfuze and you've found it.

Dr.Or

Post by Dr.Or » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 am

Hey,
Saw you guys talking about ableton 8 plans, was it ever created?
DJ Patch, where can i buy your templates?

innerfuze

Post by innerfuze » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 pm

i'm running his templates on 8.08, and they work just fine. you wouldn't believe how you can get the crowd hopping once you get used to the controls.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS remember to turn the FX button off.... ugh, a mistake i learned 8 times the hard way.

i would say PM him here, or you could PM him here (which is where i got the templates): http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/view ... highlight=

if you don't hear from him, i will send him an email.

cheers,
e

moogly

Post by moogly » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Has anyone got this running on a mac, i know you can translate the midi using midistroke, but i havent got a clue where to start with it???? can anyone help a brother out???