Loops in Worship, Church Settings

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fmckinnon

Loops in Worship, Church Settings

Post by fmckinnon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey Folks,

This is a request for those who are specifically using Ableton and loops in a worship-related setting, as in at church services, or worship concerts, etc ... would love to have your insights, loops, and ideas shared in a dedicated "Loops and Recording" forum at TheWorshipCommunity.Com:
www.theworshipcommunity.com/forums

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Avoid hitting the reverse button on loops that contain subliminal reversed Satanic messages. :D

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Sorry couldn't help myself! Just being silly of course :D please explain what is you do exactly like, backing to church gospel? Sounds cool.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 pm

I've only got atheist loops, sorry. :(

fmckinnon

Post by fmckinnon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 pm

djsynchro wrote:Avoid hitting the reverse button on loops that contain subliminal reversed Satanic messages. :D
HAHAHA - Yeah "we worship You ... smoke marijuana" ...

Nah ... seriously, more and more of the modern, contemporary worship-style music is filled with loops. I've used Ableton and I'm working on some tracks now to supplement our on-stage praise band. For the most part on this tune, I'm just adding the horn links and some aux percussion.

On lots of the modern worship recordings you can hear loops and things playing in the background - we use them in our church on some songs - just want to hear from some folks who are doing this actively - the forum quoted above is geared for that, and we could use some more folks from over here and other forums that have the skill (and share the same desire to see the technology used in worship) to help some of our newbies out.

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi Fred,

I am a member at worship community so I will try to keep an eye out. I just got Ableton, so I don't know much yet, but I did just go over there and answer a question about click tracks.

JK

fmckinnon

Post by fmckinnon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:36 pm

Kilroy wrote:Hi Fred,

I am a member at worship community so I will try to keep an eye out. I just got Ableton, so I don't know much yet, but I did just go over there and answer a question about click tracks.

JK
Sweet, yeah --- just saw your response, that is awesome. Thanks!

channelite

Post by channelite » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 pm

If you are a Live user, a Electronic musician, couldn't you bring your own loops/music to the church. What does God inspire you to bring? My advice- feel it, envision it, create it. Ask God for inspiration. IMO it'll probably be more interesting.

fmckinnon

Post by fmckinnon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:16 pm

[quote="channelite"]If you are a Live user, a Electronic musician, couldn't you bring your own loops/music to the church. What does God inspire you to bring? My advice- feel it, envision it, create it. Ask God for inspiration. IMO it'll probably be more interesting.[/quote

Hey, that's what we're doing - creating our own loops for use in worship.

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:19 pm

channelite wrote:If you are a Live user, a Electronic musician, couldn't you bring your own loops/music to the church. What does God inspire you to bring? My advice- feel it, envision it, create it. Ask God for inspiration. IMO it'll probably be more interesting.
:lol:

that was a joke right :?:
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:29 pm

I only make loops to worship Darwin and The Omega Point.

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:33 pm

SimonPHC wrote:I only make loops to worship Darwin and The Omega Point.
Oh no.....

i feel another creationism\evolution debate coming......

I'm out 8O
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 pm

But David played a Harp didn't he?
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

channelite

Post by channelite » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:44 pm

jez3122 wrote:
channelite wrote:If you are a Live user, a Electronic musician, couldn't you bring your own loops/music to the church. What does God inspire you to bring? My advice- feel it, envision it, create it. Ask God for inspiration. IMO it'll probably be more interesting.

No I was serious. Why not God for inspiration, if you're a church goer? Maybe my advice a bit weird since I do not pray before I use Live or make any kind of art. But, I use to play the drums in a church band, and they prayed before every rehearsal.

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

channelite wrote:
jez3122 wrote:

No I was serious. Why not God for inspiration, if you're a church goer? Maybe my advice a bit weird since I do not pray before I use Live or make any kind of art. But, I use to play the drums in a church band, and they prayed before every rehearsal.
i meant no offence....i'm sorry

i just don't get the religeon thing it just makes no sense to me...
i honestly thought you were being sarcastic and it made me laugh....
as for asking God.....is he even on this forum :?: is it Tarekith :?: i knew it!

I'm gonna PM him now.....i've a couple of questions for the big man 8O