[amo] snapping is not accurate

kenporter

Post by kenporter » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Amaury wrote:Hi,

Please hold a bit on the issue, there are many things going on here, and we're trying to cope with the bugfixing. We'll eventually find a good solution for all.
kenporter wrote: PS: Btw, in 8.0b10 the clips snap to any clip edge not only on the same track.
That was always the case. Snapping to clips on the same track is not an issue I think. It only comes in the picture when you want to "replace a clip with another one", or "resize a clip up to the beginning of the next one", and as I understand, that's not what annoys you the most.

For time selection, it's already be a few betas that both setting the insertion mark, and selecting time, only snaps to the grid, and to clip starts on the same track.

Regards,
Amaury
Hi Amaury,

OK, then I misunderstood the previous explanation because the way I understood was that only clips on the same track snap to edges etc. This never worked the way I expected it.

The problem I am having with this is bascially like Tarekith had explained. I have a section with drum edits, vocal edits or whatever that don't line up to a 1/1 or whatever grid. Now I want to copy parts from one section to this section and I am always off, because even though I am on a 1/1 grid and copying should snap to that I am off by some small amount (the clip edge of some random vocal or drum edit clip) so that the timing gets messed up. I'll have to zoom in and check that I actually landed on the grid I wanted to land on, and move the clips around so that they are in time again.

Thanks,
Ken

Amaury

Re: [amo] snapping is not accurate

Post by Amaury » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi,

Please check the latest beta (b16) as this has changed quite a bit, and I think you guys using a lot of micro editing should now be happy.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Amaury

Re: [amo] snapping is not accurate

Post by Amaury » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi,

I moved the topic as I received positive feedback from the 2 users who seemed the most annoyed with the snapping. Please open a new thread if necessary.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team