[amo] Sample offset not working properly in Transient mode

Martyn

[amo] Sample offset not working properly in Transient mode

Post by Martyn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:43 pm

If you edit the sample offset in clip properties on, for instance, a 1 bar drum loop, the zero point red line appears to be 4 lines above the actual center line of the waveform.

If you set the resolution so you're editing 16ths, get the pencil tool and raise a 16'th by one step, the offset seems to play a hit that's actually 5 steps back instead of one step back.

It seems to me that zero line is just 4 steps wrong here and when activated by editing always will subtract 4 steps from whatever envelope you draw.
Last edited by Martyn on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:34 am

Still the same in 8b7

Whatever edit you make to the sample offset actually happens 5 or 6 steps earlier than it should.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:42 am

Just noticed that behavior seems ok if you switch the warp mode to anything other than Transient so I guess it's fair to assume that Sample Offset doesn't work with the new "transient" warping? Maybe it should grey out as an option in that case, unless it is supposed to work and it really is a bug.

I'm going to change the thread title accordingly.

The zeroed envelope line still seems off-centre on a stereo waveform, even if the old beats mode warping is selected, although it does seem to function properly.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:54 am

Hi,

This seems to be an issue of all clip envelopes when using the Beats warp mode protecting Transients. See this thread:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=106324
The zeroed envelope line still seems off-centre on a stereo waveform, even if the old beats mode warping is selected, although it does seem to function properly.
Here you're talking about the Transpose envelope only, right? To me, it looks the same as in Live 7, but for a thick line which is on the "-5" step, in Live 8. Is it what you observe as well?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:32 am

Amaury wrote:Hi,

Here you're talking about the Transpose envelope only, right? To me, it looks the same as in Live 7, but for a thick line which is on the "-5" step, in Live 8. Is it what you observe as well?

Regards,
Amaury
Hi

I was just talking about Sample offset, I hadn't noticed a problem with the transpose, probably because I rarely use it in beats mode.

It looks to me like the (pink) envelope line when at zero is off centre (higher than it should be) on a stereo file.

Amaury

Re: [amo] Sample offset not working properly in Transient mode

Post by Amaury » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi,

That should be fixed by now. Can you confirm?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi Martyn,

Would you give it a try in 8.0.1, and let us know if that particular issue is fixed for you?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi Amaury

Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed it the first time.

Yes, I can confirm that this appears to be fixed. Great.

Cheers.