Incredible Tutorials for Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:26 pm

nebulae wrote:^ can't wait to see the next series! I have no doubt it's gonna be amazing. (no pressure :)
LOL, yeah no pressure at all :wink: I'm very happy with how it's turning out so far, and it's giving me a really great excuse to dig into effects combinations I never used much before.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:28 pm

(psst, I believe they're called "racks")

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:44 pm

nebulae wrote:(psst, I believe they're called "racks")
You bet your sweet ass I'm gonna use me some racks.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Nick the Zombie wrote:
nebulae wrote:(psst, I believe they're called "racks")
You bet your sweet ass I'm gonna use me some racks.
Damn, that kind of talk always gets my bits-n-pieces tingly.

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:44 pm

What program did you use to do the tutorials?

thanks

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 am

jimmynitcher wrote:What program did you use to do the tutorials?

thanks
Screenflow under Mac OS

Nick the Zombie

Re:

Post by Nick the Zombie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:25 pm

klagga wrote:
innerstatejt wrote:My Appologies,
I never received the private message, or perhaps I just don't know my way around this forum(but getting better). Email is the best way to contact me. I can be contacted at:
musicsoftwaretraining@gmail.com

When you use the paypal link, you'll be sent a download page as soon as the payment goes through which should be immediately. If you don't see the download page, check your junk folder in your email or contact me right away.

Cheers,
Jason
OK, I tried the paypal, but it didn´t work, it didn´t allow me to use paypal. I also tried paying with creditcard, it didn´t work either. I had to enter state, but I don´t live in the states, but in Europe. Seems a bit hard to get hold of these videos...
Hey klagga,

I just did a test and went through the whole paypal process on Jason's site, and it's working fine as far as I can tell. If you'd like, shoot me a PM and we can try to work out the issue.

- Nick

Mehalic

Re: Incredible Tutorials for Live

Post by Mehalic » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:47 pm

I have to say that I went ahead and purchased the vid's this past weekend after all the rave reviews here. I have to admit they are good, but am hoping they go a bit deeper for the next series. It sounds like you are going this way with instrument racks, but maybe doing some stuff on Drum Racks besides slicing and building drum kits. Not sure if this would fall under your scope or not, but ways of using drum racks for multiple instrument racks (nesting - you touched on this briefly with the drum racks stuff you did, but with only 2 Samplers for a layered pad sound) and how to effectively use a set up like this would be beneficial (wish list you could say)!! All in all they are good tutorials and I do like how they delve into sampler (although I was left wanting more for sure).... Great value, great info....

So much to learn, damn day job.
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Mehalic wrote:I have to say that I went ahead and purchased the vid's this past weekend after all the rave reviews here. I have to admit they are good, but am hoping they go a bit deeper for the next series. It sounds like you are going this way with instrument racks, but maybe doing some stuff on Drum Racks besides slicing and building drum kits. Not sure if this would fall under your scope or not, but ways of using drum racks for multiple instrument racks (nesting - you touched on this briefly with the drum racks stuff you did, but with only 2 Samplers for a layered pad sound) and how to effectively use a set up like this would be beneficial (wish list you could say)!! All in all they are good tutorials and I do like how they delve into sampler (although I was left wanting more for sure).... Great value, great info....

So much to learn, damn day job.
I appreciate the constructive feedback! You're definitely right, though, my priorities didn't really include going super deep into nesting racks (although I do discuss it in some detail in both of my series). My three biggest priorities with the first series were a) to present, in detail, my technique for sample manipulation, b) talk a lot about grouping parameters, and c) going in depth with complex modulation. I'll certainly be focusing a bit on layering via instrument and drum racks in the next series, but my core priorities will remain the same (but now I'll be focusing on effects manipulation along with using similar techniques from series 1).

I'm glad you found these to be of value, and don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions about what you see.

- Nick

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Nick the Zombie wrote:and don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions about what you see.

- Nick

^ what about if I have other random questions, and I just feel like your soothing voice has got to have an answer?

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:47 pm

nebulae wrote:
Nick the Zombie wrote:and don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions about what you see.

- Nick

^ what about if I have other random questions, and I just feel like your soothing voice has got to have an answer?
Only if you promise to use the word "hawt" at least 38 times :)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm willing to bet that your next video series will have you saying "hawt" in it. It'll just slip out. You won't even remember to edit it out.

(like that time you left in "edit that"...and didn't)

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:31 am

nebulae wrote:I'm willing to bet that your next video series will have you saying "hawt" in it. It'll just slip out. You won't even remember to edit it out.

(like that time you left in "edit that"...and didn't)
I can just see the shitty reviews now: "If I had one complaint about these tutorials, it would be that the author chose to rely on the word 'hawt' at least 37 times over their 3 hour running time" If this happens, I will be cursing your name forever :lol:

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:55 am

When you curse my name....

that's totally hawt!!!!!!!!!

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:59 am

that's hot
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent