The Automap 3 Mixer Control petition for Live 8

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
outsidesys

Re: The Automap 3 Mixer Control petition for Live 8

Post by outsidesys » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 pm

+1 I wish I had seen this thread before I purchased my SL.

spanda

Post by spanda » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm

33tetragammon wrote:the novation remote sl zero mk2 has a dedicated "ABLETON MODE",made in collaboration with the Abes........maybe by using automap 3

Yes interesting... Not much info as yet that I can find, will have on as soon as they hit Australia so will report back on improvements.
http://www.spanda.com.au
http://www.maclifesaver.com.au
http://www.liveelectronic.com.au

Mac OSX 10.6.4
ADAM S2.5A/SUB12
Mac Pro 2.8x8/ Macbook
Virus Ti
Novation 0 SLII
Kore 2, Komplete 6
Fireface 800
More Green, Blue, Red, Grey and Silver stuff.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:25 pm

spanda wrote:
33tetragammon wrote:the novation remote sl zero mk2 has a dedicated "ABLETON MODE",made in collaboration with the Abes........maybe by using automap 3

Yes interesting... Not much info as yet that I can find, will have on as soon as they hit Australia so will report back on improvements.
Refer to my last post in this thread. Explanation of what Automap offers and why people want Automap to have 'mixer control'. Simply put, the preset 'AUTOMAP UNIVERSAL' which allows you to use the wrapped plug ins, does not give you Mixer control, and 'ABLETON MODE' which allows mixer control, does not allow you to use the wrapped plug ins. It's pretty annoying. Only solution now is to constantly jump between the two Remote SL presets.

spanda

Post by spanda » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:56 pm

Are you saying the new Ableton mode only available on the remote sl0 mkll, not the other sl mkll keyboard versions, is actually no different to what we have been discussing in regard to automap 3 and remote sl version 1.

If you have read official info somewhere I am willing to believe and would love a link with that info but do find it a little odd novation states a difference on their web site?

Cheers

spanda

Mac OSX 10.6.4
ADAM S2.5A/SUB12
Mac Pro 2.8x8/ Macbook
Virus Ti
Novation 0 SLII
Kore 2, Komplete 6
Fireface 800

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 am

spanda wrote:Are you saying the new Ableton mode only available on the remote sl0 mkll, not the other sl mkll keyboard versions, is actually no different to what we have been discussing in regard to automap 3 and remote sl version 1.

If you have read official info somewhere I am willing to believe and would love a link with that info but do find it a little odd novation states a difference on their web site?

Cheers

spanda
All they really state as hugely different in Automap 3 is that you can buy the Pro version, and use two of their hardware controllers at the same time.... it's really pretty lame IMO. I have Automap 3 regular, and there's absolutely no difference in the way the Ableton Automap works, it still does not map the volume and give the name of the tracks to the sliders on the right while allowing you to use wrapped Aurtomap plug ins on the left hand knobs and buttons, which Cubase for one will do in Automap Universal mode.
If you can point to information on their site that in any way insinuates that Automap 3 solves this with Ableton Live, I would love to see it.

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 am

Likewise for the above post. :roll:
Once is curiousity, twice is fun, three times is an addiction...

spanda

Post by spanda » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 am

• All SL Mk II's come with a dedicated Ableton Mode which was designed in collaboration with Ableton. - Very interesting marketing... as this is only mentioned in the SL0 MKll section, hence the slight misread on my behalf thinking the SL0 had some extra features. From the below info and a very good combing over of I can see they are just trying to market the 0 to Ableton users.

Ableton and ZeRO SL Mk II
When we launched the ReMOTE 0SL, it quickly became clear that it was a favourite amongst Ableton users. Professionals who use Ableton (from performers to Ableton Certified Trainers) were keen to tell us how well matched they were. So, when designing the ZeRO SL Mk II, our developers thought carefully about how they could optimise it for use with "Live", whilst maintaining its versatility across other DAW's (such as Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase etc).

The result is that despite its multi-DAW compatibility, ZeRO's hardware features and software integration make it an ideal control surface for writing and performing with Ableton Live:
- Definitely some interface improvements for use with Ableton (and everything else) but no special mapping for the 0 :-(

More collaboration needed please Novation and Ableton....

Mac OSX 10.6.4
ADAM S2.5A/SUB12
Mac Pro 2.8x8/ Macbook
Virus Ti
Novation 0 SLII
Kore 2, Komplete 6
Fireface 800

deejay1

Post by deejay1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:06 pm

+1

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:22 pm

I've just gone through the videos for the SL mk2 and from what I can see Ableton functionality is the same as with the SL mk1, ie. to control the Live mixer or Live devices one must use the Ableton advance mode template (template 40 on the SL mk1).
See:

Automap VS Advance Mode

Notice how Live suddenly changes into Cubase about 3/4 of the way through, when he mentions the mixer control map.

I'm thinking that the "dedicated Ableton Mode" is the same as the SL mk1's template 40.

chris_in_london

Post by chris_in_london » Mon May 11, 2009 3:54 pm

I'd love to see automap 3 / HUI implemented with Ableton so the ableton mixer could be controlled better using my Nocturn...

mazmith

Post by mazmith » Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm

i get mixer control and plugin control with the novation by essentially tricking ableton into thinking it is another controller that has these capabilities. i set the control surface in live to the bcr2000, and the input/output to automap. then i see which cc#s and such the bcr2000 sends to live and mimic those settings on the novation. you then have instant mapping of all of live's mixer controls/fx/instruments. it takes about a day to set up, but it works well. i have also use the trigger finger with the bcr's controls, so i know it works with several controllers. just find the data sent from a controller that has instant mapping capabilities and copy that.
ASUS GL553VE- i7 2.81gHz 32gb RAM Win10 64 bit Live 10 standard
Behringer X32, Microlite 5x5, midisport 4x4, APC40
Deluge, Beatstep Pro, keystep, SQ-1
Voyager, Prophet 6, JX-3P, JX-8P, BSII, Minibrute, MB33, Eurorack
DRM1, TR-505, HR-16, Rhythm Wolf, RX15

chris_in_london

Post by chris_in_london » Mon May 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks - I'll try this. OK if I come back with any questions that might arise?

mazmith

Post by mazmith » Mon May 11, 2009 4:40 pm

o fo sho :P
ASUS GL553VE- i7 2.81gHz 32gb RAM Win10 64 bit Live 10 standard
Behringer X32, Microlite 5x5, midisport 4x4, APC40
Deluge, Beatstep Pro, keystep, SQ-1
Voyager, Prophet 6, JX-3P, JX-8P, BSII, Minibrute, MB33, Eurorack
DRM1, TR-505, HR-16, Rhythm Wolf, RX15

gardenIMPERIVM

Post by gardenIMPERIVM » Wed May 13, 2009 6:58 pm

+1!!!

chris_in_london

Post by chris_in_london » Wed May 13, 2009 7:33 pm

i've been experimenting with nocturn and mackie emulation. working out pretty well. will probably get a Presonus Faderport to this, and keep nocturn for plug-in control...