[amo] 8b13: transients not in right place?

forge

[amo] 8b13: transients not in right place?

Post by forge » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:42 am

I have wondered if we needed a sensitivity control, but now I'm just starting to wonder if it's just getting it wrong sometimes:

I would have thought it should have placed a transient to the left at about 21.2.3

mdb

Re: 8b13: transients not in right place?

Post by mdb » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:39 pm

There is a transient change there. There just isnt one at the beginning. Add it. Takes 2 seconds and your done.

forge

Re: 8b13: transients not in right place?

Post by forge » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:07 am

mdb wrote:There is a transient change there. There just isnt one at the beginning. Add it. Takes 2 seconds and your done.
no this is consistant right throughout the track and it creates and audible glitch, mainly if teh global tempo is lower, so I also have to delete teh ones Live placed there

it's just that everywhere else is in the right place

forge

Re: [amo] 8b13: transients not in right place?

Post by forge » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:09 am

ok...after the many discussions on this and playing about with it quite a bit there is something inconsistant

I started to decide there was no problem and that as Amaury said computers can only get it so right and that the problem was more to do with transients being a little off or unneccessary, which just meant either deleting the transient or moving it with the shift key

but I have found that when taking exactly the same file, deleting the ASD file and warping it again from scratch it was getting it really close yesterday and now today every time it is way off requiring a lot of intervention

so it is this inconsistancy that makes me think something is not working as intended

one question I have - does the set tempo affect how a clip is warped? It is the only variable I can think of that could be different each time as the file is always exactly the same

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 pm

is it possible that live only reacts on positive transients and therefor gets wrong results when a phase reversed file is loaded?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

scientist

Post by scientist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:57 pm

forge wrote:so it is this inconsistancy that makes me think something is not working as intended
something is DEFINITELY wrong with warping right now. i've documented my problems here:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=108641
i've got a hunch these are related. the craziest issue i get is that warp markers sometimes change in between saving, closing and reopening a set.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi,

I moved this topic away as there were things fixed in the transient detection. If you detect problems that you are sure of, please report in the bugs forum, or to support.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team