[amo] Can cut'n move group tracks only with normal tracks

posssu

[amo] Can cut'n move group tracks only with normal tracks

Post by posssu » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:32 pm

My wish is that we could manipulate a closed group-track as any clip, so we could cut, move, extend etc as any clip and this basically would equal unfolding the group track, selecting all the tracks and editing those together. It should work folded too.

Wait, it's not a feature request, it already exists! Let me explain: when you select a piece of some other normal track and a folded group track next to it, then you can move all of the selected tracks and the folded group track moves as long as you target your manipulation, movement etc to the clip on the normal track. If I drag the clip longer, this happens with the folded group track too. So all the edit stuff gets applied to the group track as a side effect.

So, since it is possible to manipulate a folded group track (drag from corners to make longer, cut, move) when it's included in a bigger selection, why isn't it possible when the track alone is selected?
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

Amaury

Re: [amo] Can cut'n move group tracks only with normal tracks

Post by Amaury » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi,

Ok, it took me a while, but I guess you're talking about a folded group track in the Arranger, and you wish to manipulate its content while it's, well, folded. It's just not available right now.

The fact that it "works" when the overview of the folded group track is part of a selection including clips from another track is more of a side efect of other things and could even be seen as a bug for now.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

posssu

Re: [amo] Can cut'n move group tracks only with normal tracks

Post by posssu » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the pretty unclear explanation... :)
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live