ALL PRICES HAVE GONE UP

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funky shit

ALL PRICES HAVE GONE UP

Post by funky shit » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 am

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

The credit crunch FINALY has affected me :(

Swear to jebus.. search for anything you bought or where going to buy in the past. and its lik 10-20% more expensive.

I swear to god abes. if 8 goes down this road im gona shit brix :(

Tone Deft

Re: ALL PRICES HAVE GONE UP

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:54 am

did you hear about the year 2000 bug yet?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:10 am

Tone Deft wrote:did you hear about the year 2000 bug yet?
lol'd :lol:

ya prick :wink:

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:39 am

No.
The price of "things" has not gone up.
The value of your money is going down.
So, You now need to hand over more notes to get what you used to have to hand over fewer notes for.
Its actually a good thing, but only so long as those that get to put base value onto
a currency are able to judge when would be a good time to stop more money going into the system.
This would mean there is less money in the system, so it becomes scarcer, and so its value increases.
This is really what is meant by "Inflation" and "Deflation"
Part of why it all went horribly wrong is because we allowed people to invent lots and lots of invisible money.
Now the easy credit has been taken away, and extra cash has been created and so this is the time of the cycle where the true value of "things" are set.
This value will be indicated by how much of the "Things" we are prepared to buy for the price it is on sale for.
Its also the part where those that do not have access to money most often get screwed.
Especially when they start to value "Things" over food.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 am

HA!

we've noticed it in our food bills, but the price of weed hasn't changed in 20 years, go figure. so, no, the price has not gone up on everything. damn, that's a reason to NOT legalize it. :?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:20 am

Homebelly wrote:No.
The price of "things" has not gone up.
The value of your money is going down.
So, You now need to hand over more notes to get what you used to have to hand over fewer notes for.
Its actually a good thing, but only so long as those that get to put base value onto
a currency are able to judge when would be a good time to stop more money going into the system.
This would mean there is less money in the system, so it becomes scarcer, and so its value increases.
This is really what is meant by "Inflation" and "Deflation"
Part of why it all went horribly wrong is because we allowed people to invent lots and lots of invisible money.
Now the easy credit has been taken away, and extra cash has been created and so this is the time of the cycle where the true value of "things" are set.
This value will be indicated by how much of the "Things" we are prepared to buy for the price it is on sale for.
Its also the part where those that do not have access to money most often get screwed.
Especially when they start to value "Things" over food.

Dude.. I was just talking about how most musical equipment is dearer.
As in, it has gone up in price.. not I cant afford it as must as I could last year.

And yeah, drugs seem to be steady at the same rate.

condra

Post by condra » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:06 am

Funky were you watching RTE news this evening ?
- Burger King opening a new place in Galway with 35 jobs, and they had something like 500 applicants, including college graduates.
This island is so fucked.

jamester

Post by jamester » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:13 am

Prices have absolutely gone up, especially with guitars. Fender has raised their prices ridiculously, and Gibson's seem to fluctuate day-to-day; the two Gibson guitars I bought five months ago each cost $500 more now. A Standard American Strat is $1,300...it's ridiculous.
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:19 am

Tone Deft wrote:HA!

we've noticed it in our food bills, but the price of weed hasn't changed in 20 years, go figure. so, no, the price has not gone up on everything. damn, that's a reason to NOT legalize it. :?

that's what I was thinking. Once we legalize it and tx it in california, you know comnpanies like Pfizer will be giving us that bammer/weak weed in the SFC
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:51 am

condra wrote:Funky were you watching RTE news this evening ?
- Burger King opening a new place in Galway with 35 jobs, and they had something like 500 applicants, including college graduates.
This island is so fucked.
that is terrible!
The amount of people about 10 years older who work me (in a call centre) is insane.
They all have degrees. Im still at school. We're getting paid the same money.
badtimes.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:10 am

We had 800 people apply for "1" janitor position at an elementary school near where I live, crazy.

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:12 am

mankind has gone through far worse. we are doing fine.

RonC
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:12 am

Tone Deft wrote:HA!

my "friend" tried to sell me a $20 gram last summer when I was desperate and in need of a miracle, he said it was "the bomb".......(blueberry/bubble gum/grapefruit, hybrid or some shit) It was the pinnest little gram I have ever seen.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:42 am

funky shit wrote: Dude.. I was just talking about how most musical equipment is dearer.
As in, it has gone up in price.. not I cant afford it as must as I could last year.

And yeah, drugs seem to be steady at the same rate.
Could be something to do with Sterling divebombing 30% last year and it's taken the markets a while to re-adjust. Just checked out a few things I bought last year on thomann and they're pretty much the same price. Still cheaper for me to buy a lot of stuff from uk online stores than eurozone atm though.

What did you notice going up ?

Geebag

Post by Geebag » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:42 am

Some people with degrees are still thick as shite and deserve to work in a crap job.

I have a masters and a good job. I had the job before the masters. I beat those other masters! In summary I am a Masterbeater!

Go Ireland. The Celtic tiger me Arse. We will all be better for the recession. Crime pays!

Sue we can download our meals and have torrent chicken curry and all that shite.