[amo] either drift or quantization is off

vordo

[amo] either drift or quantization is off

Post by vordo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:27 am

my clips are not holding sync in b25. if you retrigger a short loop against a long track they will become out of sync even though everything is tied via a 1 bar quantization value. I think this might be related to the double click thing. no more warping tracks tonight...

Amaury

Re: [amo] either drift or quantization is off

Post by Amaury » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 am

Hello,

Would you mind elaborating a bit more in details?

- Are the clips warped? Both?
- What are the warp settings?
- What is the "double click thing"?
- Do they start playing in sync, and then drift, or are they already starting out of sync?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

vordo

Post by vordo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:33 pm

sorry if it didn't make too much sense and it's hard to figure out what's going. first of all the double click thing (metronome) I've posted as another bug. the clips are not drifting but it does seem like the master clock is... meaning if I start two clips (yes they are both warped - beats and complex or complex pro) they will stay in sync but if I retrigger (usually just a short drum loop against a longer track) it will not come in on the corresponding down beat of the already playing track, like the global quantization is set to none and the clip quantization is off. yesterday was the first time I saw this. now I am working is a really large set (over 6 megs) so I wonder if the scale of the set is doing it. ALSO things were fine in b24 so something either changed in the code or on my machine (powerbook pro 2.6 duo, 4gigs ram, 10.5.6)

vordo

Post by vordo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:48 am

works fine today... go figure. I run live with a different user but I often keep both users active. I rebooted this morning and my guess is that what fixed it. same with my other issues...

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi,

I moved the topic then. Please report to our support, would you experience issues again.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team