[amo]Tension - Filter Freq drops on Oxygen8v2 octave change

ibbur

[amo]Tension - Filter Freq drops on Oxygen8v2 octave change

Post by ibbur » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:36 pm

While playing any Tension preset that utilizes the Filter, when Oxygen8v2 sends an octave down change command (via octave up/down buttons on controller) Filter frequency will bottom out to 53Hz. This occurs on all selectable filter types unless preset frequency parameter is below 53Hz. [8.0b26]

Amaury

Re: [amo]Tension - Filter Freq drops on Oxygen8v2 octave change

Post by Amaury » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand:

- You load a Tension preset.
-> Do you play a note? A clip? Nothing?
- You change the octave of your MIDI controller, with the Octave +/- button.
-> Is you MIDI controller set as a control surface in the Preferences? Is is set to remote control Live, or is only the "Track" button ON, in the MIDI Preferences?
-> Do you have any other controller/virtual MIDI port?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

ibbur

Re: [amo]Tension - Filter Freq drops on Oxygen8v2 octave change

Post by ibbur » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Sorry for delay in posting a reply. I just started a new thread explaining the behavior as it seems to affect all AAS instruments in some way. I would think it's the way that the controller delivers the octave change command.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113924

But to answer your questions...

- You load a Tension preset. (Yes, but the same behavior will be exhibited having loaded the instrument with or without a preset)
-> Do you play a note? A clip? Nothing? (You can play notes and the instrument still continues to receive MIDI but the volume drops to -42db as well and you can no longer hear the instrument)
- You change the octave of your MIDI controller, with the Octave +/- button. (YES)
-> Is you MIDI controller set as a control surface in the Preferences? (YES)
-> Is is set to remote control Live, or is only the "Track" button ON, in the MIDI Preferences? (TRACK is ON and REMOTE is ON...Live recognizes the controller from the drop-down list of Control Surfaces)
-> Do you have any other controller/virtual MIDI port? (NO other controllers hooked up at the time these problems arise. It is connected straight to USB port on PC)

I hope that helps.