what's being played in the clubs now??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hacktheplanet

Re: what's being played in the clubs now??

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:37 pm

A few months ago, this hot ass chick was chatting me up. I offered to get her a drink and she wanted a top shelf margarita. Luckily my friend caught me talking to her and pulled me away. She was a stripper and just wanted free drinks for flirting with people.

I guess I almost got played in the club.
Last edited by hacktheplanet on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 pm

the_planet wrote:A few months ago, this hot ass chick was chatting me up. I offered to get her a drink and she wanted a top shelf margarita. Luckily my friend caught me talking to her and pulled me away. She was a stripper and just wanted free drinks for flirting with people.

I almost got played in the club.
wahhh... :lol: :lol: :lol: classic.
*** Image GAFM ***

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:43 pm

the_planet wrote:A few months ago, this hot ass chick was chatting me up. I offered to get her a drink and she wanted a top shelf margarita. Luckily my friend caught me talking to her and pulled me away. She was a stripper and just wanted free drinks for flirting with people.

I'd say 90% of women in clubs have this mentality without being a stripper and the drunker they get the more they see themselves as hot stripper quality.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:46 pm

beats me wrote:

I'd say 90% of women in clubs have this mentality without being a stripper and the drunker they get the more they see themselves as hot stripper quality.

is that an american thing???
*** Image GAFM ***

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:58 pm

SubFunk wrote:
beats me wrote:

No. It's an in my head thing.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 pm

I think the female degradation featured in 20 years of Hip Hop lyrics has finally sunk into a lot of bitche's brains. "If they gonna call me Ho, then I'm gonna act like one"

Aint life grand? :roll:
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 pm

:oops: I am so out of touch with club music, but is trance totally washed (psy and goa, not the tiesto gay sailor stuff......nothing agianst gay sailors) up, kind of like admitting you still like Crosby Stills Nash and Young, or the Temptations? I don't know why, but I still find some gems from that genre that I gather creative inspiration from.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:01 pm

SubFunk wrote:
beats me wrote:

don't know if it's an american thing.. but I fell for it once when i first started clubbing many years ago.. a couple of african american girls approached me and my cousin and started chatting with us.. One said to me "you should be a model" and it's funny now, but my stupid ass fell for it thinking wow, this girl is interested in me and I've never really dated a african american.. so my cousin and I buy them drinks and afterwards, they say "my place is just across the street, and we have a hot tub".. we go there and my cousin and the girl he was talking to went off some where and I was left with this chick.. I was like cool, were alone and there is a hot tub, what more can I ask for.. then a big african american guy shows up out of nowhere and starts talking to her.. turns out it's her "friend" and we get introduced and they get in the hot tub.. then they start making out and I'm just standing there thinking of the money I spent on her.. And this guy was big, like 6 ft 5' and I'm just a 5'10 filipino.. so I left without them even noticing cuz they were making out already and just tried to find my cousin.. didn't find him til the next day.. he says he got "some" so it's cool.. but i thought i was the model.. :mrgreen:

anyways, enough ranting.. back to subject.. can you guys then help me with what's hot out there in your opinion.. I come from a hip hop/turntablism background so I don't really know much outside that besides what's being played on the radio which is pop music, not saying that it's all bad... So I know the difference between say crabs and flares, but can't distinguish the differences in the many sub genres of electronic music. I think I just realized dubstep is the same as drum and bass so i am pretty clueless outside mainstream radio. Not only that, I don't know many good artist in electronic music besides the ones that have crossed over to mainstream like Daft Punk, Tiesto, etc. I've listened to some artists that's been mentioned here but sometimes, all I hear are blips and stuff and wasn't really diggin it.. but name me some more artists please!! thank you and happy friday everyone..

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:21 pm

aisling wrote::oops: I am so out of touch with club music, but is trance totally washed (psy and goa, not the tiesto gay sailor stuff......nothing agianst gay sailors) up, kind of like admitting you still like Crosby Stills Nash and Young, or the Temptations? I don't know why, but I still find some gems from that genre that I gather creative inspiration from.
The psytrance nights I've been to have been full of us young types, it's nice change from dubstep which has pretty much taken over the south of england, though 'rocking the pirate ship' would be beautifully poetic in Bristol :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:50 pm

nuxnamon wrote:hi all,

I don't really go clubbin' any more but I still want to know what's popping in the clubs besides the usual commercial stuff I hear on the radio.. I just want to know what people digging now and any new creative stuff I don't hear in the radio.. I know it depends on who's Djing but I've been to places where the Dj sucks, but as soon as he puts that new hot track, nobody cares anymore and he's the hero.. Any good websites?

this is sad.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:57 pm

beats me wrote:

A friend and I actually made "acquaintances" with these two ladies who have the routine down to a science. They go to a bar, scout the crowd, then pick a posse to flirt with and get free drinks from. Once they get their buzz going, they ditch, and usually call someone else for a nightcap. Most of the time, that someone else being my friend and I.

From the night we met them we have refused to pay for a single one of their drinks, so I guess they "liked us for who we are" :lol:

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:01 pm

nuxnamon wrote: don't know if it's an american thing.. but I fell for it once when i first started clubbing many years ago.. a couple of african american girls approached me and my cousin and started chatting with us.. One said to me "you should be a model" and it's funny now, but my stupid ass fell for it thinking wow, this girl is interested in me and I've never really dated a african american.. so my cousin and I buy them drinks and afterwards, they say "my place is just across the street, and we have a hot tub".. we go there and my cousin and the girl he was talking to went off some where and I was left with this chick.. I was like cool, were alone and there is a hot tub, what more can I ask for.. then a big african american guy shows up out of nowhere and starts talking to her.. turns out it's her "friend" and we get introduced and they get in the hot tub.. then they start making out and I'm just standing there thinking of the money I spent on her.. And this guy was big, like 6 ft 5' and I'm just a 5'10 filipino.. so I left without them even noticing cuz they were making out already and just tried to find my cousin.. didn't find him til the next day.. he says he got "some" so it's cool.. but i thought i was the model.. :mrgreen:
Dude, your lucky you got out of there. A friend of mine had a similar experience happen to him in new Orleans once. Turned out he was getting mugged and when he protested, he woke up in the hospital with a broken jaw, a fractured eye orbit, a few broken ribs and a bruised spleen.....The girls was leading him into the trap. We still don't know how he got to the hospital, or who called the ambulance. His wondering eye is a constant reminder not to listen to the little guy downstairs and find girls based on sober common interests....

On the size difference between you and Mr. T, as a bar tender in AC NJ durring my 20's, one of the best showdowns I saw was a huge steroid college football jerk off, harass a Puerto Rican guy (about 50 pounds and 6 inches smaller) who was probably in for a quick drink after work from one of the restaurants. The college dude thought it was funny to make snide remarks to his friends about the guy because he not dressed for sat night (it's a jersey thing...).The puerto Rican guy was minding his own business just drinking a few Heinekens. After about an hour of this taunting, the college guy was getting annoyed that he was not getting a "rise" or response from the Puerto Rican dude (all this was happening right in front of me, separated by the bar counter), so he pretended to be going to the bathroom and "bumped" the puerto Rican dude obnoxiously and obviously. The puerto rican guy was apparently a boxer, because he responded with a flurry combo and dropped the big guy. He then said he was sorry to have to beat the shit out him, but he was just minding his own business, and the taunting was inappropriate..... Just another example how size really does not matter :wink:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:15 pm

I read some great insight into these games in 'Surely You Must Be Joking Mr Feynman'
"OK," he says. "The whole principle is this: The guy wants to be a
gentleman. He doesn't want to be thought of as impolite, crude, or
especially a cheapskate. As long as the girl knows the guy's motives so
well, it's easy to steer him in the direction she wants him to go.
"Therefore," he continued, "under no circumstances be a gentleman! You
must disrespect the girls. Furthermore, the very first rule is, don't buy a
girl anything -- not even a package of cigarettes -- until you've asked her
if she'll sleep with you, and you're convinced that she will, and that she's
not lying."
"Uh... you mean... you don't... uh... you just ask them?"
"OK," he says, "I know this is your first lesson, and it may be hard
for you to be so blunt. So you might buy her one thing -- just one little
something -- before you ask. But on the other hand, it will only make it
more difficult."
hth apparently it works.

I'm so glad to be off the market, people and their games. :roll: the power of The Pussy, omfg.

very good book btw, interesting guy. it's online for free here:
http://www.gorgorat.com/
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Myself, on the other hand, am about to get "back into the market". Well technically, I've never been off. I love being in a relationship almost as much as I love being single. These little club sluts can be a so much fun when you beat them at their own game. Looking forward to a summer of mind games and meaningless sex. 8) 8O :lol:
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:19 pm

I once was chatting it up with a couple ladies at a bar for a couple hours with drinks o'plenty and things seemed to be going well. Towards the end of the night some younger, slicker dude comes waltzing up and within 10 minutes undid all the hours of legwork I put in. I politely removed myself from the circle and went home. No harm done.

When I got home a car pulled up behind me and when I got out of my car one of the chicks I was talking to at the bar got out of the car and from the inside of her car I heard the other one go "Oh shit, wrong car!". I asked her if they wanted to come in and she said "no thanks" and got back in her car and took off.

I thought I left the bar fairly unscathed and the whole time never even insinuated I wanted to hook up beyond that. Younger party boy pretty much slammed shut that window of opportunity on me at the end of the night, but who the fuck has somebody follow them home just to blow them off??

I dare you to top that.