OT: Zoloft and anxiety/panic attacks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ThrowAway

Re: OT: Zoloft and anxiety/panic attacks

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 am

thats a good story mac.

On the topic of women, I think fixating on one is bad very bad for me. It definitely doesnt flow with my nature and its not about sex. I dont think were supposed to be monogamous naturally society just invented it to distance ourselves from our monkey ancestors(I pretty sure all modern monkeys are polyamarous(sp?). I do think that some people will have strong enough chemistry or self-delusions to make it through long relationships. Ive met two women I am positive I could have done this with but life got in the way. I am sure I will meet more as well. I hate being emotional or depressed so I came up with my three month rule to avoid bad break ups for me or the girls I date. Its better than the previous rule I had were I only tried to date girls I couldnt stand or had some serious personality flaw that would always put me off so I didnt get attached but I found out that this killed my social life.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:48 am

ThrowAway wrote:thats a good story mac.

On the topic of women, I think fixating on one is bad very bad for me. It definitely doesnt flow with my nature and its not about sex. I dont think were supposed to be monogamous naturally society just invented it to distance ourselves from our monkey ancestors(I pretty sure all modern monkeys are polyamarous(sp?). I do think that some people will have strong enough chemistry or self-delusions to make it through long relationships. Ive met two women I am positive I could have done this with but life got in the way. I am sure I will meet more as well. I hate being emotional or depressed so I came up with my three month rule to avoid bad break ups for me or the girls I date. Its better than the previous rule I had were I only tried to date girls I couldnt stand or had some serious personality flaw that would always put me off so I didnt get attached but I found out that this killed my social life.
actually there are some pretty convincing views that there really is a very solid and real reason for monogamy in humans, mainly being that we're one of the few species where our offspring are completely helpless for several years after birth, mainly so that the brain is small and squishy enough to fit through the birth canal. There's been some pretty compelling evidence that the men stuck around even thousands of years ago and it's one of the reasons we have been able to thrive and evolve in the way we have.

Not that I'm a great fan of monogamy really, it usually just seems to lead to misery. :lol:

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 pm

yeeesh, datura. I've only ever heard extreme bizarre unpleasant stories about that one. We've got a large plant in our yard....it's quite beautiful. Also known as moonflower, it has amazing large white flowers that are open all night. I'd never mess around with that though.

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:28 pm

ghast wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote:
Incidentally, if you had ever done any REAL acid in any real quantity my friend (I mean that), your pot experiences would seem like popping baby aspirin with respect to introspection. Real LSD is HEAVY shit and frankly, during the peak trip consisting of a 250-500 micro gram dose, you had better be in some safe and friendly surroundings. That designer JUNK that goes around on blotter is NOT acid in 99% of the cases. That garbage in and of itself can cause a LOT of unexpected neurotransmitter dysfunction. Sometimes even permanent.
Does liquid from san fran count? I suspect it probably does. I don't know what to say, I just never had any kind of problem at all with it. I understand that things can change and I can suddenly react differently, thats why I've implemented the super xanax emergency knockout plan. It's still in beta testing, but early data appears promising.

BTW, I think that the idea of humanity simply losing the technology to create real acid is simply a bunch of poo. Every old hippy in the world wants to believe that their trips are so much more epic than anyone elses. It still exists, it always will, it is NOT rocket science. Just because the old labs went down doesn't mean jack squid. I can almost follow the synth and I only have 1 year of chem. There are PLENTY of BA's in chem out there making cash on the side. Believe it.
Two words, BE CAREFUL, as I believe you are intelligent enough to be.

re: Liquid from SF, meaningless. Almost all street hallucinogens are liquid in nature. Other than DMT, Mescaline, Shrooms, etc., everything synthesizes to a liquid.

Real (pure) LSD is extremely rare, even according to the dreaded DEA. The last cat to really make any authentic quantity was busted in 2000. The real thing requires a professional dedicated lab facility. It can't be done with a modicum of chemistry in someone's bathtub. The reason you find quantities of street hallucinogens on either cost is because most of that garbage comes in from over seas.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:52 pm

ethios4 wrote:Ever since my mom died, I have heart palpitations sometimes. I've done some reading on them and seen doctors, and basically the best thing is to NOT think about them. The more I think about them the worse they get.....heart attack anxiety just makes my heart beat faster! Now when I get that tight feeling I have to consciously make an effort to breathe deeply, relax, and remind myself that everything is going to be ok, I'm ok.
me too. exactly the same even.
once you get into the mindset that its nothing except your mind playing tricks on you it get easier. still get attacks but theyre a bit easier to control. the worst thing is for me that im an insomniac and my mind is usually at full speed when i go to sleep but my body isnt so i sometimes get that falling sensation you get when youre about to go to sleep only that my mind is fully awake and let me tell you; that if anything triggers anxioty attacks. basicly what i do then is to think "ok, here we go again. its nothing, just take a deep breath and think about something else".

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:
ghast wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote:
Incidentally, if you had ever done any REAL acid in any real quantity my friend (I mean that), your pot experiences would seem like popping baby aspirin with respect to introspection. Real LSD is HEAVY shit and frankly, during the peak trip consisting of a 250-500 micro gram dose, you had better be in some safe and friendly surroundings. That designer JUNK that goes around on blotter is NOT acid in 99% of the cases. That garbage in and of itself can cause a LOT of unexpected neurotransmitter dysfunction. Sometimes even permanent.
Does liquid from san fran count? I suspect it probably does. I don't know what to say, I just never had any kind of problem at all with it. I understand that things can change and I can suddenly react differently, thats why I've implemented the super xanax emergency knockout plan. It's still in beta testing, but early data appears promising.

BTW, I think that the idea of humanity simply losing the technology to create real acid is simply a bunch of poo. Every old hippy in the world wants to believe that their trips are so much more epic than anyone elses. It still exists, it always will, it is NOT rocket science. Just because the old labs went down doesn't mean jack squid. I can almost follow the synth and I only have 1 year of chem. There are PLENTY of BA's in chem out there making cash on the side. Believe it.
Two words, BE CAREFUL, as I believe you are intelligent enough to be.

re: Liquid from SF, meaningless. Almost all street hallucinogens are liquid in nature. Other than DMT, Mescaline, Shrooms, etc., everything synthesizes to a liquid.

Real (pure) LSD is extremely rare, even according to the dreaded DEA. The last cat to really make any authentic quantity was busted in 2000. The real thing requires a professional dedicated lab facility. It can't be done with a modicum of chemistry in someone's bathtub. The reason you find quantities of street hallucinogens on either cost is because most of that garbage comes in from over seas.
i dont know what cave you are living in but there is plenty of real acid going around.
lots coming out of boston. my friend gets liquid from a chemist.
i was tripping so hard all i wanted to do was watch the stars spiral into eachother

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 pm

^^^^ :lol: Ah, the young and DUMB.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:^^^^ :lol: Ah, the young and DUMB.
why dont you get in your time machine and bring back your precious acid, im sure i could make some money off of it.

because since you obviously havent done any lately (dont blame you for that 8O ) you wouldnt know what kids are taking this days.

everyone is aware of that bust, that doesnt mean there no more acid, since that was oh, about a DECADE ago

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 pm

hurlingdervish wrote:
why dont you get in your time machine and bring back your precious acid, im sure i could make some money off of it.

because since you obviously havent done any lately (dont blame you for that 8O ) you wouldnt know what kids are taking this days.

everyone is aware of that bust, that doesnt mean there no more acid, since that was oh, about a DECADE ago
You are missing the point sonny,(note me old man dialect) TONS O powerful hallucinogens out "there" that you can trip your ass off on, VERY little real/pure LSD. Do a little research, check it for yourself hippie. :D

Again, you have zero clue what you've been trippin' on. You just been trippin'. Good luck.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:04 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:
hurlingdervish wrote:

You are missing the point sonny,(note me old man dialect) TONS O powerful hallucinogens out "there" that you can trip your ass off on, VERY little real/pure LSD. Do a little research, check it for yourself hippie. :D

Again, you have zero clue what you've been trippin' on. You just been trippin'. Good luck.
what do you think kids are tripping off of liquid 2cb or something?

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:34 pm

alex.the.forge wrote:

actually there are some pretty convincing views that there really is a very solid and real reason for monogamy in humans, mainly being that we're one of the few species where our offspring are completely helpless for several years after birth, mainly so that the brain is small and squishy enough to fit through the birth canal. There's been some pretty compelling evidence that the men stuck around even thousands of years ago and it's one of the reasons we have been able to thrive and evolve in the way we have.

Not that I'm a great fan of monogamy really, it usually just seems to lead to misery. :lol:
Is the evidence that we were pack animals or that we were monagamus?

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:41 pm

ThrowAway wrote:
alex.the.forge wrote:

well I'm just regurgitating something I read at some point but from what I can remember it had to do with finding skeletons of man, woman and child all together - but there was more to it than that and I do remember reading that archaeologists were seeing it as evidence that humans have tended more towards monogamy

the bit I found really interesting was the stuff about the brain being squishy etc!

ghast

Post by ghast » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:41 am

DrXparaMental wrote:
hurlingdervish wrote:

The thing is, as you continue with that stance, you really are implying that you are aware of every single available drug hookup in the entire world. I just don't know what to say to that. I'm bailing from this thread.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:58 am

alex.the.forge wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:
alex.the.forge wrote:

well I'm just regurgitating something I read at some point but from what I can remember it had to do with finding skeletons of man, woman and child all together - but there was more to it than that and I do remember reading that archaeologists were seeing it as evidence that humans have tended more towards monogamy

the bit I found really interesting was the stuff about the brain being squishy etc!

You have kids right? the skull has soft spots for a while after birth though I cant recall how long. You can feel and see it.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 am

ThrowAway wrote:
alex.the.forge wrote:
ThrowAway wrote: Is the evidence that we were pack animals or that we were monagamus?

You have kids right? the skull has soft spots for a while after birth though I cant recall how long. You can feel and see it.
yep - the fontanelle - it's there for exactly that reason, otherwise we'd have to have tiny heads or women would have to have enormous fannies

thank god for the fontanelle ;-)