The true story of Michael Jackson...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
knotkranky

Re: The true story of Michael Jackson...

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm

^^^ @DrXparaMental

The dude loved his pets. And, he was a creative genius. Christ, can't you meet a compatriot half way? The only thing wrong with what you've pointed out in your post, is your actual post.

But, unlike you and your most fortunate "reality" based childhood, many are not so lucky. Even if he was mentally ill, calling someone mentally ill as if that is a acceptable condemnation for being it, is pure bs.

As for hating on MJ, that was a pretty weak post :P

said rat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIqEYid3uoc

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:12 pm

@ alex.the.forge you're right! Extra Terrestrial. No doubt. That amazing spin... He was using alien powers to dance! Any coincidence that his most famous move is called The Moonwalk? Me and I believe weeddigger thinks not...
The question is: which moon?

Harnessing UV rays to become a phenominal performer on Earth... Fuckin Aliens! What will they take next? Our jobs?

We need to get this immigration thing under control :twisted:

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:49 pm

knotkranky wrote:^^^ @DrXparaMental

The dude loved his pets. And, he was a creative genius. Christ, can't you meet a compatriot half way? The only thing wrong with what you've pointed out in your post, is your actual post.

But, unlike you and your most fortunate "reality" based childhood, many are not so lucky. Even if he was mentally ill, calling someone mentally ill as if that is a acceptable condemnation for being it, is pure bs.

:lol:

Dude, if you can HONESTLY state that Michael Jackson was not one thee most mentally fucked up entertainers that ever lived, you're most likely one of those that believe he was really from another planet. Dude was living in la la land. What a maroon. One slice of bread short of a sandwich.

Incidentally, Michael Jackson was certainly never worthy of my hate.

Also: To state that my reference to Mental Illness was a likeness to my condemnation of him is a pathetic attempt at manipulation. Sure, that man was a class A fruit cake, but I wouldn't choose to punish him for the fact. He was mentally ill. Fact.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:08 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:
Sibanger wrote:MJ was a lot of things, but I don't think he was psychotic.
DrXparaMental wrote:Are you honestly stating that you believe Michael Jackson was "in touch with reality"?
Sibanger wrote: No, I probably should have said that I didn't really know him well enough to judge his mental state of mind.
Who knows what was really going on in there. Only those who really knew him well could be the judge of that.
I know where you are coming from Sibanger and from a personal ethical stand point, you are correct. However, because Michael Jackson was a very public figure who had zero qualms with making his personal views known, there is little left up to the imagination. Honestly, I believe I am well within my ethical right to "judge" him based on his own words.

His closest friends are animals.

I think Michael had been ill (mentally) for quite some time, but when you are that wealthy and powerful, naturally your inner circle is going to praise you. I mean who did Jackson end up leaving his estate to? It was undoubtedly the "yes" people.
I know other people who love animals (rats included) more than people.

Ok, MJ was different, and maybe he was a fruitloop surrounded by yes people who supported his delusions.

Maybe his state of mind developed from being used up, fucked over and harassed every time he stuck his face (or what's left of it) outside the door.
There are many other famous people in this world that have become a little strange.

You're the Dr. I can't argue with your diagnosis. :)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:10 pm

dunno which is worse, this or the 'a gay' thread.

someone would look at these and only assume Live comes with free passes for the little yellow school bus.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 pm

Max 4 Live does.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:13 pm

^^

Didn't you get your life time free pass for the little yellow bus?

Came with the boxed Ableton 8 Suite.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 pm

I got kicked out of Ableton U for smoking the sticker pack.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:32 pm

^ :lol:

Yo Tone don't boggart the steekers mang!

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:35 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:
knotkranky wrote:^^^ @DrXparaMental

:lol:

Dude, if you can HONESTLY state that Michael Jackson was not one thee most mentally fucked up entertainers that ever lived, you're most likely one of those that believe he was really from another planet. Dude was living in la la land. What a maroon. One slice of bread short of a sandwich.

Incidentally, Michael Jackson was certainly never worthy of my hate.

Also: To state that my reference to Mental Illness was a likeness to my condemnation of him is a pathetic attempt at manipulation. Sure, that man was a class A fruit cake, but I wouldn't choose to punish him for the fact. He was mentally ill. Fact.

I don't get it dude. What is it about the guy being weird that makes you so uncomfortable? I don't think your the kind of dude that likes to make fun of the mentally ill. Sooo, lets say your right and he was mentally ill. Now what?

Real Facts: MJ was a very shrewd business man - not the trait of the mentally ill. MJ was the single most successful entertainer in history - not a trait of the mentally ill, yada, yada.

I've chatted with MJ at length. He was a smart, charitable good soul with an amazing mental capacity. He was a history buff and read like crazy. A genius to musical detail and nuance. You would be no match for MJ in many important capacities, but then again I don't presume to know your state of mental illness either :P

if normalcy? is the argument, i still don't get it. Maybe you can enlighten me with it.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:42 pm

knotkranky wrote:What is it about the guy being weird that makes you so uncomfortable?
in 1967 he was seen by other kids eating glue...

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:48 pm

mmmmm, glue

the glue was way better back then. imho

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Sibanger wrote:
DrXparaMental wrote:
Sibanger wrote:MJ was a lot of things, but I don't think he was psychotic.
DrXparaMental wrote:Are you honestly stating that you believe Michael Jackson was "in touch with reality"?
Sibanger wrote: No, I probably should have said that I didn't really know him well enough to judge his mental state of mind.
Who knows what was really going on in there. Only those who really knew him well could be the judge of that.
I know where you are coming from Sibanger and from a personal ethical stand point, you are correct. However, because Michael Jackson was a very public figure who had zero qualms with making his personal views known, there is little left up to the imagination. Honestly, I believe I am well within my ethical right to "judge" him based on his own words.

His closest friends are animals.

I think Michael had been ill (mentally) for quite some time, but when you are that wealthy and powerful, naturally your inner circle is going to praise you. I mean who did Jackson end up leaving his estate to? It was undoubtedly the "yes" people.
I know other people who love animals (rats included) more than people.

Ok, MJ was different, and maybe he was a fruitloop surrounded by yes people who supported his delusions.

Maybe his state of mind developed from being used up, fucked over and harassed every time he stuck his face (or what's left of it) outside the door.
There are many other famous people in this world that have become a little strange.

You're the Dr. I can't argue with your diagnosis. :)
Sibanger, you have the winning edge. I concede. Incidentally, I am NOT a real Doctor. Not in the least. Your opinion is EVERY bit as valid as mine. I just believe it to be foolish to practice reserve when it comes to abstract opinion and social interpretations in an OT thread. I come from that "let it all hang out" school of being "real". I'm as subject to being perceived as mentally ill and/or foolish as the next guy.

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who let it out, and those who keep it all in. Guess who have the nasty headaches and ulcers?

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:37 pm

knotkranky wrote: I don't get it dude. What is it about the guy being weird that makes you so uncomfortable? .
Uncomfortable about him being "weird"? Nothing. Not a single thing. Repulsed? Take a look. He fucked up his face beyond belief when there was zero wrong with it to begin with. Do you think that was a good thing? Do you think that because he states that he is perfectly happy with it all, that others shouldn't have every right to say "hey Michael, why'd you do that to yourself you idiot?" I would think the latter expression is mighty normal provided you believed that honesty is always appropriate and ethical.
I don't think your the kind of dude that likes to make fun of the mentally ill. Sooo, lets say your right and he was mentally ill. Now what?
Nothing. Why does there "need" to be anything beyond the fact.
Real Facts: MJ was a very shrewd business man - not the trait of the mentally ill.
First off, I'd like to see that accompanied by some form of substantiated proof for myself. I believe this is nothing more than opinion. Personally, I would be willing to bet that it was Michael's personal decisions and excess, certainly not a sense shrewd business, that left him in the aristocratic gutter after his Child Molestation charges. He was broke and looking at liquidation if my memory serves me correctly. I believe that Michael was given a great deal of good advise from shrewd businessmen, but what was solely of his doing, I don't know and I really don't know how someone on this forum could either.
MJ was the single most successful entertainer in history - not a trait of the mentally ill, yada, yada.
Boy, that's about as subjective as subjective gets. "Successful entertainer" certainly not in mine and many other's estimation. You mean "made the most money"? "was the most popular" "AS DECLARED BY THE MEDIA" what?

I've chatted with MJ at length. He was a smart, charitable good soul with an amazing mental capacity. He was a history buff and read like crazy. A genius to musical detail and nuance. You would be no match for MJ in many important capacities, but then again I don't presume to know your state of mental illness either :P
More subjective BS. Other than his voice, what instruments is the genius fluent on? Could you please substantiate his genius beyond your opinion? Did Michael write music like a composer?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:22 pm

DrXparaMental wrote:Those who let it out, and those who keep it all in. Guess who have the nasty headaches and ulcers
and you said you're not a doctor... hmph

so I've got this nasty itch....