OT: We The People

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stringtapper

Re: OT: We The People

Post by stringtapper » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:55 pm

starving student wrote:actualy most of the slaves went to brazil but yeah not just slavery, gotta go but I'll be baaaaaack
Yep. The figures I've seen show about 5% made it to North America.
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Good thing it wasn't 50.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 am

the simplest way to put it would be to say that our founding fathers didn't see humanity for what it is, they were evil, they authored great documents that they themselves at their deepest cores were opposed to and in conflict with, and they told the greatest lies this country has ever seen because the truths they held evident were not for everyone. The ramifications of their lies might be felt forever, they are certainly being felt to this day. the difference between this country and other countries is that other countries don't have faces like that on their money. If Germany put hitlers face on their money tomorrow the whole world would go bananas and people would threaten to stop using live.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:51 am

H20nly wrote:Good thing it wasn't 50.
better than leaving them on the ocean floor

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 am

starving student wrote:
H20nly wrote:Good thing it wasn't 50.
better than leaving them on the ocean floor
Sorry bro can't agree with you here... I've been a slave on a modern day Alabama Plantation and if I had to go through what some of those people went through back in the day for life! ... I'd take my chances with the fish.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:21 am

starving student wrote:the simplest way to put it would be to say that our founding fathers didn't see humanity for what it is, they were evil,
Ok you're getting into the preachy moralistic stuff now. I can't follow. What makes your morals any better than someone else's? (Which is not me btw, because I don't believe in any moral authority. I have my own personal beliefs which make me dislike fact the African slave trade existed but I don't push those beliefs on anyone else and I'm not going to cite them as the reasons for an argument to be sure.) Citing things like "evil" sounds no different than Bush. And from most of what you write you don't seem like you'd want to be associated with the likes of him right? Well it's not different than him saying the "terrorists are evil." It's all made up, religious claptrap. What I'm trying to get across is that the very act of your believing that something is "evil" makes you no different from those you oppose, from a truly objective standpoint.

starving student wrote:the truths they held evident were not for everyone.

That's right. And not even for all white men. Only white male land-owners, the people who they thought held the most stake in the future of the country.
starving student wrote:The ramifications of their lies might be felt forever
That's just a tad bit dramatic. Humans will not be here forever, despite what religious beliefs you may hold to the contrary.
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:28 am

on second thought...

anybody got any statistics on how many people went from not having shit, whether it be from a poverty or a prisoner of war standpoint, to actually ending up better off? - whose kids grew up to have more than they did? who went through hard times but were able to watch as things slowly got better?

What good is it bitching about the past to a bunch of people who weren't alive to influence it? This race card shit is old - especially when the biggest racists seem to be the people who claim to have the biggest issues with racism. This one way street needs a yellow line painted down the middle of it with a fuckin parade to boot. Fact is people just like to bitch and be shitty about things different. Race just seems to be a conveniently obvious difference.

Its racist if a bunch of "white" cops beat up a "black" man right?
Is it racist if a bunch of "white" cops beat up an Irish man?
What if a bunch of "black" cops beat up a Haitian man?
What then?

I'll tell you what then.... ________________________ nothing. You won't hear about it on the news. Even though bunches of cops shouldn't be beating men up you won't hear shit unless the color combos are just so... The mass-media and "the ratings" are rotting your fucking brain, not drugs, not chemicals, manipulation. Mind controls... give em something to fuss about. Look over there... no, OVER there... no, over THERE.. NO, over there.

:evil: fuck it. I said it.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:42 am

irish people are white to white people

haitian people are black to black people

better examples plz.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 am

hurlingdervish wrote:irish people are white to white people

haitian people are black to black people

better examples plz.
I think what you mean to say is that Haitian and Irish are not races.

With that in mind the examples are completely legitimate.
Unsound Designer

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 am

not at all really

its not really racism that's the problem, its white people judging "colored" people whether they are mexican or african or whatver

the ignorant people who do judge people, don't care if they are Haitian, African, or Brazilian.
that would take far more effort on their part.

you are implying that because no one calls out racism when injustice is done from a white man (who could be irish..) to an irish man , that racism should not be called out when a white man does injustice to a black man?

what kind of fantasy world is that? if those examples were similar than racism doesn't exist...but with the history of the united states, and even in recent accounts, that simply is not the case.

i know where you are coming from...but you are just plain wrong

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:38 am

hurlingdervish wrote:you are implying that because no one calls out racism when injustice is done from a white man (who could be irish..) to an irish man , that racism should not be called out when a white man does injustice to a black man?
What if it were an injustice that was not done for racist purposes? Would you still be for the white man being called a racist? Of course this is the whole flaw with the well intentioned idea of "hate crimes" because it's impossible to read someone's mind.

And the inverse of your question might be "Are you implying that police who happen to be white should not be allowed to enforce the law against criminals who happen to be black because of the possibility that they could treat them unjustly because of racism?"
Unsound Designer

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:46 am

Right but you are thinking in extremes...of course not every time a white man arrests a black man its racism. thats a given. but many many times it does come down to racism. and its not just because the cop is white, its because there is evidence that he was making a judgement based on his skin color.

i don't even know why we are discussing this TBH it seems pretty self evident there are tons of racist cops. and if we don't call them out, they will continue to get away with bullshit.

you sound kind of racist actually.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 am

hurlingdervish wrote:Right but you are thinking in extremes...of course not every time a white man arrests a black man its racism. thats a given. but many many times it does come down to racism. and its not just because the cop is white, its because there is evidence that he was making a judgement based on his skin color.

i don't even know why we are discussing this TBH it seems pretty self evident there are tons of racist cops. and if we don't call them out, they will continue to get away with bullshit.

you sound kind of racist actually.
Really. Got nothing better than that? Couldn't think through anything to intelligently discuss the topic so you just revert to insults instead?

Once again proving my theory of how any pussy can say the most outlandish shit on the internet because there's no one standing in front of them.
Unsound Designer

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:53 am

i didn't insult you in one line.

if you were hurt by me saying you seem racist...then you probably are...because if i called you blue and you were purple you would laugh.

whatever though.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:12 am

Right because "blue" and "purple" imply bigoted states of mind (or any state of mind). Not very good reasoning. Comparing ways of thinking with something like "colors?" Why didn't you just choose different kinds of animals. It would have made just as much sense. How about cars? "If you were a Porsche and I said you were a Smart Car you would laugh." Yeah makes perfect sense how that correlates to such "simple" things as states of mind, ideological bias, and conditioned thinking. :roll:

No, you were insulting me and it was unnecessary.
Unsound Designer