APC40 / Live 8.03/8.04 bug...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
bagginz

APC40 / Live 8.03/8.04 bug...

Post by bagginz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:47 am

I can crash my APC40 consistently.

I just turn on the Map Mode button on and off in a rack and assign a Device Control encoder (Live 8.04 and 8.03) and move the knob while switching the button off while Live is playing audio. Crashes the APC40 every time, and no bringing it back except by rebooting Live. Not good for Live performances as I sometimes assign midi controllers on the fly

In Live's MIDI Config page I have the APC40 selected as the only control surface, and inputs and outputs both set to "USB device" and just the remote in and remote out radio buttons selected for the APC40. (both set to MME because DirectMusic causes glitches in audio when turning MIDI config on and off when playing back - at low cpu loads)

Question: is this config somehow at fault?

I did try to find some guidance on the matter, but detailed information on this subject is sorely lacking in both the instruction manual (actually, leaflet) and Live's PDF manual.

Is it just my unit, or is anyone else having the same problem?

Is anyone willing to reproduce this by using <Map Mode> (in a Live Rack) to assign say Live's AutoFilter plugin parameters in a LIve Rack and using the Device Control knobs on the APC while playing back audio?

Cheers,
bagginz

***Update***:

Here's the repro. steps:

The audio plug in (say Autofilter for instance) needs to be inside a Live Rack for this test. (select the plug and Ctrl + G )

Once it's inside the Live Rack, expand the rack so you can see the 8 virtual macro knobs.

Assign a real knob on the APC to a macro virtual knob 1 controlling say <Cutoff> on Autofilter by switching on the Map Mode(green button)and clicking on cutoff, then onto <map> under the first macro knob on the rack.

Then toggle the <Map Mode> button on and off on the rack while simultaneously moving the controller knob on the APC.

What happens?

WinXP SP3, DEll XPSm1530 slaptop with Core2Duo @ 1.8 ghz

bagginz

Re: APC40 / Live 8.03/8.04 bug...

Post by bagginz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Wow! no replies from the Abes?

I've had one person reproduce on his system...

It's reproduceable, therefore most probably a bug. Or should I just stop bothering to report?

bagginz