Pad Nature Recreation On Sylenth1!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mbird21

Pad Nature Recreation On Sylenth1!

Post by mbird21 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi!!!

I'm working on a new track which i was wanting something atmospheric in background over the chords because its a uplifting number.

So i decided to work on creating a nice atmospehric bird like pad to cover the high frequencies in the pad and used Sylenth1.

Took a little tweaking etc to get the sound i nearly want but its quite good but does require a little automation aslo. If anyone would like a little guide through on creating the sound on here, i would be happy to share it and then perhaps it would help other people create their own weird wonderful sounds by following the guide?, anyway if you do fancy a little heads up in that direction, just give me a comment on here and i post up in the next couple days :)

Best Regards

Michael

P.S. You will only require the Sylenth1 for the atmospheric pad with no other add on fx, everything esle fx etc is from Live!.
Alex!

timothyallan

Re: Pad Nature Recreation On Sylenth1!

Post by timothyallan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Congrats!

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:04 am

hehe...yeah i'm quite proud of it actually!! :), will be quite good for film project at uni too, so its useful in two ways ;)
Alex!

Kent_in_CO

Post by Kent_in_CO » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:18 am

Nice...Sylenth is an amazing synth. Glad to hear you're getting good results with sound design. Definitely post your guide!
Hong Kong: 2050 A.D. You're about to inject a dose of mind-altering nanobots. This is the soundtrack to your trip. https://seven7hwave.bandcamp.com/album/cyberia

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 am

You should post an audio file, or the fxp itself! Sylenth1 is a great synth, but I find it's own of the less versatile ones out there, so it's always great to hear what people are doing with it for interesting sounds. Who knows, you might inspire!
Professional Shark Jumper.

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks for replies fellas;)

I was going to post preset file first but i thought trying to describe how i went about looking for the sound would be more helpful then just simply putting it in the vst and looking, if you know what i mean ;) i'm crap at explaining on forums lol.

Thanks and i will post a little guide up in next couple days that hopefully someone will find helpful :)

Best Regards
Michael
Alex!