Twitter

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Zubben

Twitter

Post by Zubben » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:18 am

hello,

who in here uses twitter? I just started using it and I kinda like it!

Just thought it would be nice to follow some of you guys!

gjm

Re: Twitter

Post by gjm » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:38 am

iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 am

lol, yeah twitter is retarded...i even hate the word...twitter...urgh
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

Zubben

Post by Zubben » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 am

oops...

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:47 am

Yeah, i dont get the fascination with twitter either. Kinda boring. Dont really see the point if your using somethin like facebook. Seems way more powerful than twitts. Or im just missing somethan?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:59 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Yeah, i dont get the fascination with twitter either. Kinda boring. Dont really see the point if your using somethin like facebook. Seems way more powerful than twitts. Or im just missing somethan?
Apples and oranges. Facebook is something you couldn't even pay me to sign up to. I don't care what my "friends" from high-school are up to now.
With twitter you can follow who you choose. In a sense its like an RSS feed of people's thoughts.
Don't follow people who talk about their kittens. Follow people who go in and out of studios all day.
Don't follow Stephen Fry, he doesn't shut up anyway. Follow Claude Young, he'll tell you which products and records he likes.
Twitter is a good way to connect with people on a more casual level.
Anyway, it looks like Wave will replace it all. So it doesn't matter much. Twitter will be no more than a plugin soon.

zalo

Post by zalo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:03 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Yeah, i dont get the fascination with twitter either. Kinda boring. Dont really see the point if your using somethin like facebook. Seems way more powerful than twitts. Or im just missing somethan?
youre missing something

firstly twitter is text message based, giving it a character limit, you need to make everything short and sweet

you wouldn't post something like "just saw @xblackjohnx spit on a little girl" on facebook, but that is exactly what twitter is for

facebook is for more grand posts, "earlier today at the mall i was hanging out with black john, he went to spit into the trash can but he missed and it hit a little girl in the back of her head. we just kept walking and didnt look back"

also, start following michael ian black, and us @isanadventure

zalo

Post by zalo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:05 am

hoffman2k wrote:Facebook is something you couldn't even pay me to sign up to. I don't care what my "friends" from high-school are up to now.
you arent forced to add people, and even if you do there is a great function to hide updates from people you dont want to read about

80% of the people im friends with on facebook are hidden on my news feed

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:46 am

hoffman2k wrote:
Apples and oranges. Facebook is something you couldn't even pay me to sign up to. I don't care what my "friends" from high-school are up to now.
With twitter you can follow who you choose. In a sense its like an RSS feed of people's thoughts.
Don't follow people who talk about their kittens. Follow people who go in and out of studios all day.
Don't follow Stephen Fry, he doesn't shut up anyway. Follow Claude Young, he'll tell you which products and records he likes.
Twitter is a good way to connect with people on a more casual level.
Anyway, it looks like Wave will replace it all. So it doesn't matter much. Twitter will be no more than a plugin soon.

yeah, actually just got on fartbook myself...after trying to stay away from the un-social networking stuff. must say its really cool to promote events...thats why I use it. I guess it would be really good for any kind of promotion. not as many hot slutty chicks like myspace though, kinda sux in that respect.

zalo wrote:
youre missing something

firstly twitter is text message based, giving it a character limit, you need to make everything short and sweet
too much thinking involved...think all day long. no need for this. no hot slutty chicks, boring!
you wouldn't post something like "just saw @xblackjohnx spit on a little girl" on facebook, but that is exactly what twitter is for

facebook is for more grand posts, "earlier today at the mall i was hanging out with black john, he went to spit into the trash can but he missed and it hit a little girl in the back of her head. we just kept walking and didnt look back"

also, start following michael ian black, and us @isanadventure
Thanks, I realize im not missing anything...

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 am

also, no offense to the op or anyone using twitter. if you enjoy it than by all means...

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Its funny people hate on twitter a little too much. I first thought it was full of complete idiots who just post crap about doing laundry and other menial tasks.

After I started to use it for promotional value I actually found there is some cool stuff in the site.

If you follow people that are interesting to you (Me alot of DJs, Musicians, and Equipment manufacturers, a few comedians ect.) Youll actually get usefull tweets.

If some famous DJ has a goofy pic from a crazy night... he may post it and get a little insight.

If a comedian has a show in your town hell probably tweet it... Im not out of the loop on interesting things.

Rule of thumb... Before you follow someone check their posts. Sometimes people do do the retarded "I wiped my ass 10 sec ago" tweets and they are annoying...
Because Whatever.

gomi

Post by gomi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Zubben wrote:hello,

who in here uses twitter? I just started using it and I kinda like it!

Just thought it would be nice to follow some of you guys!
twitter sucks.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 pm

twitter was so 2009. i'm on google wave now.. now thats 2010 dude!! :)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:08 pm

it's amazing how people overlooked this. shame, very cool work!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz