Will Live 8.1 have Max4Live runtime?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Re: Will Live 8.1 have Max4Live runtime?

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 pm

how is that a dig at me? it's UKRuss showing how dimwitted he is, he clearly does not get it. it is fun to sort through max help pages, go from object to object, see how they work, pull the help examples into your own patch to make larger devices. I doubt UKRuss even know what max is. he's completely clueless and now you're signing onto his fuckwittery? stupid move.

you think you've get a grip on Ableton's business model? that's retarded. you're paranoid and think it revolves around you. ask other people, they'd tell a different story about Live's stability. you're bitter, self absorbed, you can't get a computer to work and you blame other people for your own problems.

the obvious move is to sell Live and get Logic or Cubase or Sonar.

we've got this thread, your personal whinefest where you're shouting people down and calling people names or the threads where people are teaching the Live API and sharing max4Live patches. this is lame. you're worse than a n00b, you're stuck in the gutter, you can't pick yourself up and we have to listen to the crying.

there's nothing to learn from you, you're just spreading bad vibes.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Tone Deft wrote:how is that a dig at me? it's UKRuss showing how dimwitted he is, he clearly does not get it. it is fun to sort through max help pages, go from object to object, see how they work, pull the help examples into your own patch to make larger devices. I doubt UKRuss even know what max is. he's completely clueless and now you're signing onto his fuckwittery? stupid move.

lol - it's a JOKE. Designed to generate laughs. Dimwitted ? On the contrary, it's quite witty. I'm not 'signing on' to his 'fuckwittery' , just laughing at you =)

Tone Deft wrote: you think you've get a grip on Ableton's business model? that's retarded. you're paranoid and think it revolves around you. ask other people, they'd tell a different story about Live's stability. you're bitter, self absorbed, you can't get a computer to work and you blame other people for your own problems.

retarded? no. sensible - yes. And asking other people you'll get stories of instability and stability. Like your favourite story, you leave Live running for days on end and it never crashes. That's quite the story all right. the rest of that paragraph is just a cheap shot. kool.
Tone Deft wrote: the obvious move is to sell Live and get Logic or Cubase or Sonar.

Nope, you're getting all emo & disingenuous on me now fanboy. I'm happy to stay with LAST YEARS model. For the simple reasons I have pointed out umpteen times. Have I been bitching about Live8 on this board since it's inception ? Nope. From time to time I simply re-iterate my formula to being a happy Ableton customer - getting Live X.15 when Y.01 is coming out.

Basically, your emotional defensiveness stems from insecurity. Such a pathetic little brand whore.

Tone Deft wrote:go from object to object, see how they work
:lol:

Three blind mice, three blind mice,
See how they run, see how they run,
They all ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a thing in your life,
As three blind mice?
Last edited by 4/4 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:33 pm

4/4 wrote: What I was doing dicking around for months? well, simple. Doing the EXACT same thing over and over.
Disk defrags, repairing permissions, re-installing PACE extensions, booting from external hard-drives and doing all of the above again. Over, and over.
Definition of insanity?
4/4 wrote:btw, I held out on doing a fresh OS install because that was NOT an option during that time.
In the end what happens to your system due to a lack of options is your fault. Having all the escape routes planned in advance is what professionals do.

As far as the fanboy thing, I'm not sure precisely what you're on about, but it sounds like an insult so I'll chalk it up to my old "only pussies who couldn't win in a street fight talk shit from the safety of their bedroom" theory.
Unsound Designer

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:36 pm

stringtapper wrote:
4/4 wrote: What I was doing dicking around for months? well, simple. Doing the EXACT same thing over and over.
Disk defrags, repairing permissions, re-installing PACE extensions, booting from external hard-drives and doing all of the above again. Over, and over.
Definition of insanity?
Could be, it did annoy the piss out of me.

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 pm

stringtapper wrote:As far as the fanboy thing, I'm not sure precisely what you're on about, but it sounds like an insult so I'll chalk it up to my old "only pussies who couldn't win in a street fight talk shit from the safety of their bedroom" theory.
heh, and that's ironic considering the discussion at hand. I'm stating simple, plain irrefutable facts observing the Ableton business model of the last 3-4 yrs...and you're dissing my computer savvy.

I could be in a coma, and the Ableton business model would still be the same way I have described it.

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:40 pm

stringtapper wrote:Having all the escape routes planned in advance is what professionals do.
yep. and as we all know, the majority of ableton users are professionals (who expect their tools to fail catastrophically)

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:45 pm

I just love how those first 200 posts always set the tone (no pun intended.. well maybe a little) for the next 2000 to come.
Its like watching a fracking season of BG, it happened before and it'll definitely happen again. :lol:

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:46 pm

4/4 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:As far as the fanboy thing, I'm not sure precisely what you're on about, but it sounds like an insult so I'll chalk it up to my old "only pussies who couldn't win in a street fight talk shit from the safety of their bedroom" theory.
heh, and that's ironic considering the discussion at hand. I'm stating simple, plain irrefutable facts observing the Ableton business model of the last 3-4 yrs...and you're dissing my computer savvy.

I could be in a coma, and the Ableton business model would still be the same way I have described it.
So you just conveniently leave out the part where you're straight up calling names like "fanboy" but conveniently characterize my questioning of your computer skills as simply "dissing" just so you can make it sound like you're being a saint and I'm being the negative one here?

Great argument. :roll:
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:49 pm

4/4 wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Having all the escape routes planned in advance is what professionals do.
yep. and as we all know, the majority of ableton users are professionals (who expect their tools to fail catastrophically)

What does this even have to do with anything? We were talking about a general computer setup at that point (yours), not any specific software or group of users.
Unsound Designer

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:50 pm

stringtapper wrote:
4/4 wrote:

So you just conveniently leave out the part where you're straight up calling names like "fanboy" but conveniently characterize my questioning of your computer skills as simply "dissing" just so you can make it sound like you're being a saint and I'm being the negative one here?

Great argument. :roll:

*tumbleweed*

you're reaching far with that one, stringy old bean. Not worth a real response.
the post I was replying to was RIGHT ABOVE my reply. If I was trying to hide something by leaving the fanboy bit out....well.... no. that's just an utterly retarded premise.

get a grip

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:53 pm

4/4 wrote:

*tumbleweed*

you're reaching far with that one, stringy old bean. Not worth a real response.
the post I was replying to was RIGHT ABOVE my reply. If I was trying to hide something by leaving the fanboy bit out....well.... no. that's just an utterly retarded premise.

get a grip

You've got a great career on a video game forum somewhere.
Unsound Designer

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:55 pm

And you wonder why I call you little pusses fanboys, just look at this clusterfuck.

"oh noes! someone isn't down with being an early-adopter, get him!"

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 pm

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 pm

4/4 wrote:And you wonder why I call you little pusses fanboys, just look at this clusterfuck.

"oh noes! someone isn't down with being an early-adopter, get him!"
I couldn't care less about whether you're an early adopter and never addressed it here, so if you're talking to me it doesn't make much sense. I just hate people who talk shit on the internet, especially when the chances are that they're probably not 14.

If I wanted to "get" someone I sure wouldn't do it on the internet.
Unsound Designer

4/4

Post by 4/4 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:09 pm

facetious [f??si???s]
adj
1. characterized by levity of attitude and love of joking a facetious person
2. jocular or amusing, esp at inappropriate times facetious remarks