Remix releases

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sebastiansek

Remix releases

Post by sebastiansek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi to all .

I finished remix for BT ( he provide all samples on his webside so there's no any stealing) , but what I would like to do is to releasing this on propely label.

Is it wise contact artist and let him listen and then ( if he likes ) ask for official release ???

...or is some other way to do this.

Can i have your opinions ???

Regards

re.mark

Re: Remix releases

Post by re.mark » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Send the track to him/his label.
If they like it and can see any reward in releasing the track, they will contact you.
Dont distribute the track anywhere else though otherwise you could dampen your chances of getting it released, having said that, if its a track that theyve provided the samples for, presuming its not for a remix competition then Im guessing theyve written off the track and havnt got any plans to release any remixes.

sebastiansek

Post by sebastiansek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Well, i am not sure about competition, cause track is quiet famous so maybe was some contest in the past. Is this make my chance 0 % ?? , or if he will really like ( my remix is quiet different, more minimal trance industrial stuff - a bit like James Holden , Nathan Fake but really dark :) I was researching I find only few remixes and all not really closed to mine .

...but let's we say that my remix is different and he will really like etc.

is it chance to released ??

Cheers

sebastiansek

Post by sebastiansek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm

I have downloaded those samples ages ago , now he's websside is change no information etc

http://www.btmusic.com/

... but like you just pointed , if he likes track etc , I think is worth to try ??

re.mark

Post by re.mark » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Give it a go, worst that can happen is they say no - or dont say anything and leave you waiting endlessly :evil:

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 pm

sebastiansek wrote:I have downloaded those samples ages ago , now he's websside is change no information etc

http://www.btmusic.com/

... but like you just pointed , if he likes track etc , I think is worth to try ??
it's always worth a try to send music to labels and see if they like it / want to release it.

just don't let yourself down if you are rejected... move on, make more tunes, send again.
(if it is your own material, not remixes, you basically need to bombard labels with stuff over and over again, hundreds of them a hundred times, or you have some connections before or you are lucky to hit straight away someone with the taste for your stuff, what i want to say with that is, never give up trying to make your music as much public as possible)
*** Image GAFM ***

sebastiansek

Post by sebastiansek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks for supporting words !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

anachroschism

Post by anachroschism » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:53 am

BY releasing those packs im assuming that there is no chance of a commercial release, but kind words from him if he likes it is probably worth more.

If you think its good enough for BT to praise then you need to give it away free to as many people and labels as possible, keep the faith and believe in your self and keep at it. Im find great inspiration from Pretty Lights who acheived some remarkable success and sold out tours by releasing everything for free forever and making unique and really good shit that rocked places. Good music will get you paid, we just got start finding new means of payment in this era.

Im going to try jingles for local ads;)

sebastiansek

Post by sebastiansek » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:20 am

thanks for advise