The APC I want AkaiPro to build.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Panic

The APC I want AkaiPro to build.

Post by Panic » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:06 am

I have an APC40 and I love it. I Like the "idea" of the APC20 but for my needs it functionally goes in the opposite direction. I threw together a quick mockup of what I would have preferred Akai to make. My mockup APC and an APC20 would be the perfect dual APC setup for my particular needs.

Each encoder bank would work nearly exactly like the device control section of the 40.

JuanSOLO

Re: The APC I want AkaiPro to build.

Post by JuanSOLO » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 am

Panic wrote:I have an APC40 and I love it. I Like the "idea" of the APC20 but for my needs it functionally goes in the opposite direction. I threw together a quick mockup of what I would have preferred Akai to make. My mockup APC and an APC20 would be the perfect dual APC setup for my particular needs.

Each encoder bank would work nearly exactly like the device control section of the 40.

You should build them and sell em like the guy who started Monome.

marconk

Post by marconk » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 am

I like very much.
I like the idea of the APC20, when you're 13 you never have enough for an APC40, I might just be able to afford an APC20.
I would love Novation to announce an update to the Launchpad with rotaries added.
That would kick the APC20 into the ground.

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:11 am

Panic wrote:I have an APC40 and I love it. I Like the "idea" of the APC20 but for my needs it functionally goes in the opposite direction. I threw together a quick mockup of what I would have preferred Akai to make. My mockup APC and an APC20 would be the perfect dual APC setup for my particular needs.

all it would need in my opinion are lcd screens above the knobs to show you what knob does what.
other than that,it's exactly what i(and probably a whole lot of others want)

come on Ableton and Akai,we all love Live,we all love knobs(lots of 'em).

Post by 4.33 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:13 am

marconk wrote:I like very much.
I like the idea of the APC20, when you're 13 you never have enough for an APC40, I might just be able to afford an APC20.
I would love Novation to announce an update to the Launchpad with rotaries added.
they wont
cuz they need to sell nocturns and zerosl

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:14 am

marconk wrote:I like very much.
i don't know if that's ever going to happen.they have nocturn already.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 am

I'd buy it, good idea having the track select beneath.Perhaps even one with just two sets of device controls would be great

marconk

Post by marconk » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 am

Then Akai could rip us off with the Akai APC16 :lol:

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Excellent. 8)

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:09 pm

nice..
and cool addition would be a quick way to get into the sends effect parameters so you can tweak them while your routing signal to the sends.. maybe just add a little shift button so you can select send 1-8 for each bank

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:07 pm

that looks pretty good, and if they would make it in a way that you can free assign anything for other apps, too.
then it would probably kill the BCR, nice! (and if possible USB powered please!)

well, those slanted sides they can leave out, they make no sense and a neat / space saving set up impossible.
*** Image GAFM ***

Panic

Post by Panic » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Loop in/out would be a welcome addition too, as well as possibly a tempo/pitch slider. I've got a few additions to this design that I'll upload after work. Great suggestions so far! thanks!

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:00 pm

This idea is currently restricted by the software though right? I believe you can only have the blue hand on one device at a time, so even having 2 APC40, you could only use device control on one (or they'd both be assigned to whatever is selected).
Professional Shark Jumper.

julienb

Post by julienb » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:15 pm

buy a BCR 2000 :)
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:17 pm

julienb wrote:buy a BCR 2000 :)
well, that is exactly what some of us want to avoid.
*** Image GAFM ***