Ableton HQ please read

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ethios4

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by ethios4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Yea, waves accounts for a lot.

Back in the Live v3 days, I was on this kick of installing every plugin I could find. Even back then, that method started causing a LOT of crashes. I eventually cut it back to just the stuff I actually use, and since then I've cut it back even further to just the essential stuff I use. No problems since.

jamief

Post by jamief » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Braindropz wrote:
Poster wrote:
jamief wrote:i have 200 -300 seperate plugs
8O that's insane..
Well, Waves can be, like 175 of them I think...

:)
Uhuh . in process of slimming them down now this afternoon

aizo

Post by aizo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:38 pm

jamief wrote:
aizo wrote:Suite 8 runs perfect for me. 8.1.1 om an ole black Macbook and on an early 2008 iMac
What thirs party plugins do you use ?
I use: (everything is updated to the latest release)

Computers
iMac 20" 2.4 / 4 gigs / 320 gigs (Leopard)
(black) Macbook 2.0 / 2 gigs / 200 (Tiger)
(black) iPhone 3Gs 32 gigs

DAWS
Ableton Live 8.1.1 Suite
Motu Digital Performer 5.13
Renoise

Software
Motu Symphonic / MX4
Reason 3
Lennar Digital Sylenth 1
Camel Audio Alchemy
Rob Papen Blue
Native Instruments Komplete 5
reFX Vanguard
Izotope Trash / Ozone / Vinyl
PSP Vintage Warmer
Sugar Bytes Effetrix
EZ Drummer(DKFH)
Superior Drummer
Addictive Drums

Hardware
Motu 828(first generation)
Motu Midi Express 128
Presonus Tube Pre X2
Western Digital MyBook 500 gigs
Akai MPC2000
Akai APC40
Novation Launchpad
M-Audio Axiom 25
Korg NANO Kontrol
Korg NANO Keys
Korg EMX-1 Electribe
Roland JP-8000
ImageImage

sublimelobc

Post by sublimelobc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 pm

jamief wrote:
jamief wrote:
aizo wrote:Suite 8 runs perfect for me. 8.1.1 om an ole black Macbook and on an early 2008 iMac
What third party plugins do you use ?
Maybe my issues lie in my plugin list - i know massive can cause live to crash
NI Komplete 5
Komplete 2
Kore 2
Kore paks various
omnisphere
trillion
stylus rmx + expanded
atmosphere
trilogy
stylus
camelphat
camelspace
alchemy
Melodyne DNA
Ohm force suite
D16 suite
T-racks deluxe
Ozone izotope 4
BBE sonic maximizer
Ultra Analog
Some Nomad plugins
Waves mercury
Email support at Ohmforce, I had some issues with Ohmicide since Live 8 and they sent me a link to a beta version that fixed it. (possibly they have since released an official update, not sure)

zee verkawound

Post by zee verkawound » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 pm

davepermen wrote:
3phase wrote:you fanboys are really disgusting.. i wonder if it wasnt maybe you and your all forgiving attitude that has intoduced the messy state we have now...

in any case you dont get the point.. somebody that fails on stage before a few thousend people because the software crashes has damage for his reputation.. something that maybe dont matters for you because there is not much reputation too loose.. but nevertheless a problem for others.. that actually can effect theire income..

why not roling back to a stabel version?

again..the file format change... live was a trusted software.. you start doing things with L8..you cant roll back..or you have to do it again.. you maybe try.. but there is not much time..the show tomorw.. ..in such case you might end up in a situation wher you go on stage with live 8 ..even when you know that this is most crazy...
but hope dies last...

the last gig i did i was prepared.. L8 crashed.. but the 606 and 303 was still running... just restart and enjoy the astonishing new extended loading times of L8.1..

thanks god a 606 and 303 is good for more than 3 minutes
you suck and you know it (and yes, it's me again, searching your posts and blaming you to be the failure, and not live.. :))

Troll, please read the forum behavior guidelines. Incidentally, you have some nerve telling this guy he sucks. Have you listened to yourself lately? :lol:

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:32 pm

zee verkawound wrote:Troll, please read the forum behavior guidelines. Incidentally, you have some nerve telling this guy he sucks. Have you listened to yourself lately? :lol:
well, one looks like a troll if one tries to catch a troll everytime he blindly hacks onto ableton hq for no reason (which he does, which got proven in a lot of discussion. his problems is the failure to understand how to work together to fix a problem, and his understanding to need to do that. he wants a cookie, but for free. and he shows that with his penetrant agressive posting all the time.

i try to help for the most time. if you feel offended by my posts, it's most likely because it's true but not how you would like it. (and now, i guess i have to run again :)).

and btw, yes, i listen to myself for each post i do. and i think about the need to step over politeness in each post that is against some others view. most of the time, there is no need, as one can politely discuss different views (see about all my posts in this thread as an example, except against 3phase who really doesn't know how to behave). i'm often quite focused on my view, as i know it's a view that works (unlike most other views which are about crying how live sucks :)), and i'm not that gentle, but quite direct. yes.

but calling me a troll is, well.. interestingly, my webs first time :) and i'm on the web since now .. 10 years or so? so maybe i'm not that much troll that you'd like to see :)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:36 pm

dave - consider a language barrier with 3phase. I fully understand what you're saying, I've been there, frustrated with him but it seems to me that the guy is easily misunderstood. he writes with a lot of emotion and not being a native English speaker I don't think he knows just how he comes off. he doesn't do subtle.

my $0.02.

NOW LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMBLE!!!!! when 3phase reads your post. 8O
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Tone Deft wrote:dave - consider a language barrier with 3phase. I fully understand what you're saying, I've been there, frustrated with him but it seems to me that the guy is easily misunderstood. he writes with a lot of emotion and not being a native English speaker I don't think he knows just how he comes off. he doesn't do subtle.

my $0.02.

NOW LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMBLE!!!!! when 3phase reads your post. 8O
chance is big that he doesn't care about my post :) why? because so far, i always was last :) (and he's the old grumbly guy in the discussion, dreaming of his missed chances and such.. :) so no matter how much he tries to make his points who where valid way before software business existed, he'll lose).

now he'll bite for sure haha.

yeah, i could used better wordings. but sometimes, one just can't.. i'm sorry for that. it was for a good thing.. :(

(but i fail in here anyways. i like pc's, i think apple stinks, i love deadmau5, trance is nice music in my mind, i'm not much of a gearhead, and i have 0 problems with ableton live... i have to look kinda strange in here :))

zee verkawound

Post by zee verkawound » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

davepermen wrote: well, one looks like a troll if one tries to catch a troll everytime he blindly hacks onto ableton hq for no reason (which he does, which got proven in a lot of discussion. his problems is the failure to understand how to work together to fix a problem, and his understanding to need to do that. he wants a cookie, but for free. and he shows that with his penetrant agressive posting all the time.

i try to help for the most time. if you feel offended by my posts, it's most likely because it's true but not how you would like it. (and now, i guess i have to run again :)).

and btw, yes, i listen to myself for each post i do. and i think about the need to step over politeness in each post that is against some others view. most of the time, there is no need, as one can politely discuss different views (see about all my posts in this thread as an example, except against 3phase who really doesn't know how to behave). i'm often quite focused on my view, as i know it's a view that works (unlike most other views which are about crying how live sucks :)), and i'm not that gentle, but quite direct. yes.

but calling me a troll is, well.. interestingly, my webs first time :) and i'm on the web since now .. 10 years or so? so maybe i'm not that much troll that you'd like to see :)
Dave, when you tell someone that they suck, you are making a personal attack on that individual. No one has a right to do that without being called a Troll. I have read many of your posts and you are constantly playing this Ableton fanboy routine. You also respond to 3phase in an absolutely predictable fashion.

Troll is as troll does. You cannot expect to elicit a positive response, or accomplish a constructive communication by telling someone they suck. This guy was making electronic music before you were born. That's saying a great deal and he is entitled to his opinion.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:03 pm

zee verkawound wrote:
davepermen wrote: well, one looks like a troll if one tries to catch a troll everytime he blindly hacks onto ableton hq for no reason (which he does, which got proven in a lot of discussion. his problems is the failure to understand how to work together to fix a problem, and his understanding to need to do that. he wants a cookie, but for free. and he shows that with his penetrant agressive posting all the time.

Dave, when you tell someone that they suck, you are making a personal attack on that individual. No one has a right to do that without being called a Troll. I have read many of your posts and you are constantly playing this Ableton fanboy routine. You also respond to 3phase in an absolutely predictable fashion.

Troll is as troll does. You cannot expect to elicit a positive response, or accomplish a constructive communication by telling someone they suck. This guy was making electronic music before you were born. That's saying a great deal and he is entitled to his opinion.
not really my definition of troll. but i really don't want a constructive communication with 3phase anymore, at least not without meeting personally and really seeing his problems. they are not really live related, but completely based on his psyche, and the way he handles problems (he failed at handling them, you can find out if you know a bit more about him).
and the fancy statement that he's older does not mean anything. that's saying NOTHING. else, you would not see f.e. tone deft agreeing with me.

i'm sorry for the tone i gave. but 3phase makes me crazy. he bashes ableton for wrong reasons. this is not fanboyism, this is just plain truth. he LIED several times (and this got proven by dom). he lied about how much he helped ableton to fix the bug and how they where completely stupid at not being able to fix it. ableton openly documented how he acted, and he always mis-turned it all the time.

and (maybe because of his age) he can't grasp software at all. he can't understand how one can't fix a bug that one can't trigger. or how one can't at least check if the bug, then, is fixed. everyone tried to explain him, he didn't accept.

he doesn't want to cooperate, but still asks for help. this is arrogant, egoistic behaviour of someone who really thinks he's too much and too important in that business. guess what, he isn't. and that's why he bashes on ableton all the time.

he's older than me? so? most of the world are. doesn't make them more smart, more knowledgeable or anything. it's just an excuse to not use ones brain if one say "i'm more in the business, i know better".

but you won't understand those points most likely yourself, just as well. sad world, really.

and just in case, which troll do you like? the one that states true things, and likes the product of the FORUM HE TROLLS IN, or the one who lies to make the owners of the forum look really bad?

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Linux is the best! 8O
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:36 pm

davepermen wrote:
you suck and you know it (and yes, it's me again, searching your posts and blaming you to be the failure, and not live.. :))

do you wanna be my dog?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:38 pm

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:17 pm

davepermen wrote: and i'm on the web since now .. 10 years or so? so maybe i'm not that much troll that you'd like to see :)

10 years? so i ve to assume that you are either a caveman.. or under 20? so a teenboy?..sorry cant make you my dog than.. i better call you mom
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,